If you ate the candy that you coworker gave to you and figured out that he took it

Indecisi0n

Re: If you ate the candy that you coworker gave to you and figured out that he took i

127.jpg

​I just received the candy I ordered and some are missing!

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Re: If you ate the candy that you coworker gave to you and figured out that he took i

Orly, please don't take this personally, but here's what I think they are getting at...

If you were to do something wrong or simply be accused of doing something wrong and subsequently terminated are you simply going to walk away or are you going to turn to your steward, business agent, and or union to keep your Job?

If the new contract results in a $0.70 raise on August 1st are you going to accept it?

If your answers are yes, they your taking something for nothing by not paying your union dues.

Heh, if they fired me I would walk away for sure. I can give or take this job, thanks to its grueling demands. I've said to full time soups before " go ahead, fire me, I wont be back ". Once its done its done. I wouldnt doubt they would call me back within a few days to try and get me back in, still would turn it down. As for protection at the job, sure doesnt feel like it as the weight of the world falls onto ones lap each and every night.

As for the rasies, sure they're nice, still it doesnt pay out over a welfare check. I dont see the service in that, I see the failure to protect everyone on the job, just not the FT driver group. The only job protection I need is to just show up, and its done. The union seemingly only protects the lazy and incompetent at mine and your work place. Besides, the majority of those who do leave this place are straight up quits or two week put ins. They know this, its well over a 70% turnover rate, whos going to get fired other then the overboard gross act someone does, and yes I've heard of them and seen them.

The only thing the rasies do for me really, is keep me around for that much longer. Its slow, yet its a good way at keeping my attendance perfect. I've been here 5 years, I have yet to see the union do much for any of PT workers here, its all for the drivers and I see the need for it. I've seen UPS management walk all over the contract daily here, and no shop steward does anything about it. Thus, its a waste of time, effort, money and attention on my part.

I love this, " he wont give any of his hard earn blood, sweat and tears money, GET'EM " concept. To a logical person, this would seem ridiculous, no good person would grant this type of outrageous attack against me because its a the right choice. This about doing the right thing, and for me it is.

balland chain

It is stealing no matter how you look at it.. The box did not belong to the guy who gave you the candy, therefore, it was not his to give you..Now as stated above, if you honestly did not know that he stole the candy, by all means tell the truth that you did not know, and you were not the one who removed the candy from the opened box,,you were unknowingly given stolen candy..The person who gave it to you should be fired as he did steal the packages contents ..If you tell the truth, state that you did not know the origin of the candy, and thought the person who gave it to you was the owner of the candy.. GL

UPS Preloader

Heh, if they fired me I would walk away for sure. I can give or take this job, thanks to its grueling demands. I've said to full time soups before " go ahead, fire me, I wont be back ". Once its done its done. I wouldnt doubt they would call me back within a few days to try and get me back in, still would turn it down. As for protection at the job, sure doesnt feel like it as the weight of the world falls onto ones lap each and every night.

As for the rasies, sure they're nice, still it doesnt pay out over a welfare check. I dont see the service in that, I see the failure to protect everyone on the job, just not the FT driver group. The only job protection I need is to just show up, and its done. The union seemingly only protects the lazy and incompetent at mine and your work place. Besides, the majority of those who do leave this place are straight up quits or two week put ins. They know this, its well over a 70% turnover rate, whos going to get fired other then the overboard gross act someone does, and yes I've heard of them and seen them.

The only thing the rasies do for me really, is keep me around for that much longer. Its slow, yet its a good way at keeping my attendance perfect. I've been here 5 years, I have yet to see the union do much for any of PT workers here, its all for the drivers and I see the need for it. I've seen UPS management walk all over the contract daily here, and no shop steward does anything about it. Thus, its a waste of time, effort, money and attention on my part.

I love this, " he wont give any of his hard earn blood, sweat and tears money, GET'EM " concept. To a logical person, this would seem ridiculous, no good person would grant this type of outrageous attack against me because its a the right choice. This about doing the right thing, and for me it is.

So bottom line, if the new contract results in a $0.70 raise you are going to accept it even though it was negotiated by the union that you refuse to pay dues to. Your also making $4 more per hour now than you were 4 years ago thanks to the same union you won't support. If I was your steward, I would help you if you came to me as I would be obligated to help you. However if I saw you getting walked on by management I would laughing inside hoping that you don't come to me.

balland chain

no it's not. We're all grown ups here. That's friend'ing funny.
Did you read the box ??? How about you take it from a woman's perspective... OK.. I will get a turkey baster and fill it full of my husbands jizz and squirt it down YOUR throat.. OK,, now it is funny,,,

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

Did you read the box ??? How about you take it from a woman's perspective... OK.. I will get a turkey baster and fill it full of my husbands jizz and squirt it down YOUR throat.. OK,, now it is funny,,,
The cartoon box was funny, but not as funny as getting under your skin. Now that's funny.

quamba 638

I don't agree with a lot of the Democrat politics that resides inside the union. I don't like how there's greed in the union. But damnit, I'll pay for their service because even when I was part time, I had insurance and the eventual promise of a good paying job. I just this year eclipsed $30,000 part time, working Saturdays and double shifting. The years before that, I made somewhere between 18k and 25k. I'm a single dad that got divorced 3 years ago, lost my house 2 years ago, never took govt. assistance, WIC or any other program out there because I figured there's people who need it more than I do. My kids live with me, I work odd jobs and pt at UPS knowing that PT at UPS isn't suppose to support a family. I start fulltime Monday. I could never live with myself knowing I work in world corporation where a union has made it a good family wage job for those willing to put in some time and not contribute. The unions don't have to be everywhere, I agree. They need to be at UPS. You say you'd feel slimy taking something for free yet 5 days a week...you take something for free.

Congratulations on making it full time man. I'm the same way when it comes to government assistance. I've never needed it, and would never take it. I would feel ashamed to death. But I see guys and gals my age parking their Yukon in a handicap spot, jumping out and getting junk food inside a gas station with their EBT card. Seems like our government caters to the useless more and more.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

So bottom line, if the new contract results in a $0.70 raise you are going to accept it even though it was negotiated by the union that you refuse to pay dues to. Your also making $4 more per hour now than you were 4 years ago thanks to the same union you won't support. If I was your steward, I would help you if you came to me as I would be obligated to help you. However if I saw you getting walked on by management I would laughing inside hoping that you don't come to me.

Just flies right over your head doesnt it, seems making a logical choice still doesnt make sense to you people.

Nor the things I said about making a welfare wage, or benefits I earned myself, which I never use. Wow, thanks union! You've made the quality of life so much better for me and the past five years. And perhaps the same for another five years of the same. Lets bleed the guy with a little to no blood left. I am amazed at this, you union farts are animals.

Why me, I ask, why me! Theres no hope for you people. You give yourselves a good old pat on the back, while UPS makes record earnings every year and the union keeps give more and more up. All you people see is doller signs, I see it in a whole different light.

Pft, I'm going to grill some burgers and drink till I dont feel feelings anymore.

blue efficacy

Cry me a river. It's like you think the rest of us haven't been poor. You pay for services tool.
He doesn't get any services from the union, other than getting paid a starting wage that is little more than a QUARTER of what a driver makes.
Oh, and his first Thanksgiving, Xmas, and New years, the union was nice enough to ensure he got paid for a maximum of three days those weeks.
Yeah he really should be spending hundreds of dollars a year on the union that so obviously services him!!
And you people wonder why most Americans dislike unions. Every kid who loaded in college and went on to bigger and better things sees firsthand how the union lets their young get sacrificed to UPS so they can maintain their cushy lifestyle.
No benefits for a year I can ALMOST understand but no paid holidays in that time either? That's cold.

blue efficacy

My point is, without a union, new PTers would be compensated the same as they are now. Perhaps even better since they don't need to overpay us veterans.
The new kids get nothing from the union, I cannot fault them for not wanting to pay.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream

Then the question remains...why is he still there. He shows up to a job he does nothing but bitches about and then, starts drinking away his feelings (sic) and berates those that have no problem paying union dues. Then he talks smurf about us who pay them and question why he feels he should get something for nothing then takes this pretend high road of logic. There's nothing logical about his statements. There's a lot of personal feeling in his statements which has nothing to do with logic. The union has to defend him in a right to work state. They have to. It takes someone else's time and money to do that. Logic would state that he is getting something for nothing. Everyone has the same pt problems as him so far as work and pay goes...EVERYONE. He's not special so far as that goes. If he gets treated differently then that's a separate issue, but the work is the same for EVERYONE.

sortaisle

Also Blue, maybe you misunderstand UPS. The pt job was never intended to be a permanent job. In fact, the job sucks so hard you'd be crazy to do it. It just so happens there's a lot of us who do it. A small percentage for sure, but plenty. If you want to make UPS a career, you put in the time, gain seniority and get a family wage job. They told you at the interview how much you'd be making and during your first week saw the hell that is pt. If it's not for you then go. You'd be the definition of crazy to stick around and then you'd be the definition of a tool for sticking around and bitching about it. There's no shame in admitting this job sucks and moving on. Even in a down economy, there's menial labor jobs to be had.

sortaisle

And by you, I don't mean you Blue...just using "you" as a stand in object.

UPS Preloader

Then the question remains...why is he still there. He shows up to a job he does nothing but bitches about and then, starts drinking away his feelings (sic) and berates those that have no problem paying union dues. Then he talks smurf about us who pay them and question why he feels he should get something for nothing then takes this pretend high road of logic. There's nothing logical about his statements. There's a lot of personal feeling in his statements which has nothing to do with logic. The union has to defend him in a right to work state. They have to. It takes someone else's time and money to do that. Logic would state that he is getting something for nothing. Everyone has the same pt problems as him so far as work and pay goes...EVERYONE. He's not special so far as that goes. If he gets treated differently then that's a separate issue, but the work is the same for EVERYONE.

Very well said...

BrownArmy

My point is, without a union, new PTers would be compensated the same as they are now...

Yup, and with little to no job-security, much, much less benefits, even worse working conditions, etc.

Great point!

UPS Preloader

Originally Posted by blue efficacy
My point is, without a union, new PTers would be compensated the same as they are now...

Yup, and with little to no job-security, much, much less benefits, even worse working conditions, etc.

Great point!

And most of us would have been fired by now just because.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

How do you guys know if we wouldnt be better off without a union? Your just speculating details.

I for one feel as if UPS steals from me each and everyday of work. Meaning, within labor cost and such. I dont get paid enough for the work handed to me. Also seeing those with younger senioritys paycheck, get robbed blind from UPS. So taking another cut in pay is not something I'm going to do.

I get paid as much as someone with 7-8 years of seniority. Thats a huge difference of not paying union dues. Its a lot cut out, even years worth of progress on payment. How do I know this, a friend of mine with 8 years of seniority were talking about our paychecks one day. Come to find out I was making as much and even more then him weekly, and he was paying dues. He was obivously shocked by this, and so was I.

Overall, deeming it was a smart choice not to sign up. Sorry, the labor cost doesnt match, in my opinion, the scale of work.

In a way, its like running a business, a business of me. What does my business need? What cost will there be on income and taxes. Is it a smart idea to pay out now or later? Let me run my own business, just like early Americans did. If I fail or fall from it, its only my fault to blame. I would ruined my business and myself.

First American Money mind your business - Bing Images

To expalin the link above, its a image. In its earliest of days, America had produced its own currency. And the slogan wasnt " in God we trust " but " Mind your business ". So yes, take a note from our past and MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS, not others.