If you ate the candy that you coworker gave to you and figured out that he took it

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Re: If you ate the candy that you coworker gave to you and figured out that he took i

How do you guys know if we wouldnt be better off without a union? Your just speculating details.

LOL!!! Why the heck do you think UPS spends MILLIONS on anti-union lobbyists? It certainly isn't because they enjoy paying their employees more to perform the same work as their competition.

To expalin the link above, its a image. In its earliest of days, America had produced its own currency. And the slogan wasnt " in God we trust " but " Mind your business ". So yes, take a note from our past and MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS, not others.

"I'll steal your money and you MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS."
"I'm in a registered sex offender moving in next dooor... MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS."

​Thief.

BrownArmy

Re: If you ate the candy that you coworker gave to you and figured out that he took i

In a way, its like running a business, a business of me...

LOL, this guy's running his own business.

You can justify it anyway you want, you're still getting something for nothing.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

Well they spend that money, you're hard earned money, on them because they have seen what unions have done to other companies in the past. USPS, GM and vast array of other examples come to mind. I agree to that because in the future the union will destory this company once and for all. Retirement, pay rasies, benefits and all of the above will cause the down fall of the money hungry union and its supporters. Over and under, another reason to dislike the union and its efforts. Yet, I enjoy watching the world burn, I am only a spectator in these and other matters, its all you can do really.

To me, you guys are theives and the victims in all one movement. I also feel you hate America and all its freedoms and rights. I bet most of you debating with me are star struck Obama voters and supporters, wouldnt surprise me in the lest bit.

Getting something for free? Something I worked hard for and earned. The union in my opinion are the ones who are getting something for free. So willing to throw funds away. I snicker at the motion picture playing out in my head.

The only time the union even wants to talk to us PTers, most of the time, is election time. I've heard of the chasing people like me threw the lots trying to push them to vote a certain way. To me, thats just low and sad. These people need to be stoped and removed from all services and functions. They are nothing more then a cancer on the ass of America.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream

How do you guys know if we wouldnt be better off without a union? Your just speculating details.
Ask a local pt sup that's been there longer than 8 years how it's going without the union. If you can find one, I'll be shocked. If there is one, ask them if the union employees get the **** end or the shiny end of the stick.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

Well they spend that money, you're hard earned money, on them because they have seen what unions have done to other companies in the past. USPS, GM and vast array of other examples come to mind. I agree to that because in the future the union will destory this company once and for all. Retirement, pay rasies, benefits and all of the above will cause the down fall of the money hungry union and its supporters. Over and under, another reason to dislike the union and its efforts. Yet, I enjoy watching the world burn, I am only a spectator in these and other matters, its all you can do really.

To me, you guys are theives and the victims in all one movement. I also feel you hate America and all its freedoms and rights. I bet most of you debating with me are star struck Obama voters and supporters, wouldnt surprise me in the lest bit.

Getting something for free? Something I worked hard for and earned. The union in my opinion are the ones who are getting something for free. So willing to throw funds away. I snicker at the motion picture playing out in my head.

The only time the union even wants to talk to us PTers, most of the time, is election time. I've heard of the chasing people like me threw the lots trying to push them to vote a certain way. To me, thats just low and sad. These people need to be stoped and removed from all services and functions. They are nothing more then a cancer on the ass of America.

The problem with your argument is that nearly everybody in the workforce today works hard -- it's just that many aren't compensated fairly for it. Walmart's cut nearly 20% of its staffing in many stores, and has been terminating employees who failed to meet production standards -- the same employees who, after 10 years, are making about $10/hour on average. The labor market has colluded so much that despite record production -- we're the most productive per employee economy on Earth -- and record corporate profits, employees are being compensated LESS while their superiors are taking more & more wealth.

The UAW didn't lead to the downfall of the Big 3. Poor quality & lax reception to their products hurt them the most. Not to mention that the Right OK'd moving production -- tariff free -- to Mexico, something the creators of NAFTA insist it wasn't intended for. And the USPS is doing just fine... the problem is the insane pre-pension funding obligation Congress has forced on it.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. You're earning a premium wage for your skill set, which you feel you should because you work hard. Well, the union has ensured that you're paid above your peers. And yet you refuse to support the organization, instead supporting the organizations who want you to earn $7.20/hour with no benefits. People like you is why this country is so ****ed up.

UPS Preloader

I agree with you that at some point the union has the potential to destroy this company but I do not feel the Union or UPS will allow this to happen. At some point down the road, there will most likely be a two tier wage system for the full time drivers otherwise some other major concessions will have to be had. However, that doesn't justify members not paying union dues. (IMO) Regarding the union not talking to or helping the PT's... In my local that is not the case. I'm part time and my union has always had my back even before I became a steward. Maybe it's because I've always attended the monthly meetings, or maybe it's because we elected the right officials. My recommendation would be to go to a few meetings and speak with your business agents. If there still not looking out for the part timers, be proactive, recruit some new potential candidates and try to vote them out at election time.

Returntosender

Orly a few weeks ago, you was bitching about being over worked. Could'nt get another job cause you are tired. You refuse to pay union dues. In the future you mentioned something about being destined to be package car driver/navy seal. Posters were saying if can, t handle 3 1/2 hours you wont make it as a package driver/navy seal. Then most recently you talking about about the pay raises in the contract and healthcare and how you don't think its fair. WTF is wrong with you?

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream

USPS is failing because at first, they were a federal entity. Labor has little to do with them failing. All federal employees have a retirement. The people paid for the mail service out of taxes. The Fed cut USPS out of the budget to make their numbers a little more rosy and now they're in trouble. USPS hasn't taken US taxpayer dollars in..30 years or so. The only time they took taxpayer dollars was for sending voting ballots to serviceman/woman abroad. GM was run HORRIBLY. HORRIBLY. HORRIBLY. I won't say that labor didn't have a part in it, but it was seriously 20/80 at least. GM's models from the 70's to the mid 2000's were some of the worse vehicles in history...they had basically the same car spread over 7 model lines. These are piss poor examples for the point you're trying to make. UPS is profitable in a down economy. Not only are they profitable, they are record breaking profitable. The union isn't killing them.

Again, the union has to defend you. You don't pay dues. You're getting something for nothing. How is this not getting through? Plus I voted for McCain and Romney. Obama is/was nothing new like he was advertised. I voted for Bush twice too.

You're seriously fishing for a reason to complain about the union. How are they suppose to inform you of voting a certain way, a way they think is right? You do the exact same thing here on BC without asking for a vote. That's the only difference.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

A service, by Orly.

We all see the men sitting behind desk debating, resolving and compromising terms and conditions. Most of you cheer when we get a .70 cent raise. Then you go off and say “ pay those dues, it pays for a service! “. We work and bleed and cry tears for what we earn. And yet, the service for our protection is highly valued most. You all believe and cherish this idea. Yet, I see it in a different way, which most miss. I’ve always seen things in a different way or light.

It’s a service, I keep hearing. Well, I see the one guy sitting there wearing a 3000-7000 dollar suit. With 185$ for each cufflink, 300-400 dollar pair of shoes. A 400 dollar shirt and 200 dollar tie. Is this the service we are talking about? To debate a few cents, and you all cheer for it, and have these gentlemen above and all live the high life off your dollar and dues? I am amused and yet shocked by your choice of fellowship.

You let this go by unnoticed, yet are the same type of people who would picket over the 1%. Lets all live in the lower class and keep giving money to those in the higher seats of society. Sounds like a swell approach to things. I see things differently then most, you see a cause, I see the rape of the work force in small amounts then thusly in large amounts. And you praise this as a service, what planet do we live on?

As for USPS, sure federal jobs are jacked. Hell, they cant run a cafeteria on budget. But the management tries, to this day, to revamp things alike our ways. Cut the work week to 5 days and 2 days off. Have lower seniority guys work the weekends. Cut routes and place more work on those working weekdays, like we do. Yet, USPS is doomed to fail because of its union presence. Why, because they fail to see those as good business structures and see them as attacks on their dues overall.

I’ve also stated we had a Navy seal working here for about a month. He quit cause, as he claimed, the job was BS. Its all a mind set, everything is. I’ve seen hell in this place, been there and back again many times and will see it all over again many times. It doesn’t faze me anymore. Training and time, mindset and willingness to change is what it takes to master anything.

Yet, non of this will be read in full. You all take bits and pieces from it and form your own delusions. I will enjoy the following.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

A service, by Orly.

Why buy the milk when the cow is free?

As long as you guys keep paying your dues, I have nothing to worry about. I'll enjoy the free ride!!!

It's not stealing if you can't get caught.

​I fixed your posting. You're welcome :).

UPS Preloader

Maybe some of the FedEx members could jump in here and give Orly a reality check.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Orly a few weeks ago, you was bitching about being over worked. Could'nt get another job cause you are tired. You refuse to pay union dues. In the future you mentioned something about being destined to be package car driver/navy seal. Posters were saying if can, t handle 3 1/2 hours you wont make it as a package driver/navy seal. Then most recently you talking about about the pay raises in the contract and healthcare and how you don't think its fair. WTF is wrong with you?

.......I snicker at the motion picture playing out in my head.

Ummmm, maybe this?

S

serenity now

off topic warning

hey cosmo, what's better than a Sunday afternoon before vacation?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

First Sunday afternoon of never coming back!!!

Thanks for the thought. I'll think of all of you when I start my second coffee in the morning.:wink2:

S

serenity now

First Sunday afternoon of never coming back!!!

Thanks for the thought. I'll think of all of you when I start my second coffee in the morning.:wink2:

:winnersmiley::winnersmiley::winnersmiley:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown

Are all scabs this illiterate?

J

jibbs

You know, I've been a member of the union from the instant I was able(/told) to join. I enjoy the protection that comes from that and, even if were to become an option, will choose to remain a Teamster. That said, one point that ORLY!?! made early on in all this strikes true in my mind: as a part-timer, the pay is absolute ****. When we first see our meager paychecks, we grumble but we adjust to the low income. After a month of adjusting, we're, in certain states, handed union papers and told we have to sign up and we'll start having money taken out of our already slight paychecks. It leaves some of us dumbfounded and others angry, and I see how tempting it would be to scoff at the idea if I was told that membership was wholly voluntary.

Just throwin' those two pennies out there for anybody who could use a couple cents....

UPS Preloader

You know, I've been a member of the union from the instant I was able(/told) to join. I enjoy the protection that comes from that and, even if were to become an option, will choose to remain a Teamster. That said, one point that ORL!?! made early on in all this strikes true in my mind: as a part-timer, the pay is absolute ****. When we first see our meager paychecks, we grumble but we adjust to the low income. After a month of adjusting, we're, in certain states, handed union papers and told we have to sign up and we'll start having money taken out of our already slight paychecks. It leaves some of us dumbfounded and others angry, and I see how tempting it would be to scoff at the idea if I was told that membership was wholly voluntary.

Just throwin' those two pennies out there for anybody who could use a couple cents....

The pay is horrible to start, but once the bennies kick in it's not a bad deal...

MAKAVELI

Maybe some of the FedEx members could jump in here and give Orly a reality check.
Send him over to the dark side and we will welcome him with open arms. We will show him what Darth Vader, aka Fred S, and no union will do for him. He sounds like a perfect candidate for Ground. Over there he can work fulltime upwards of 60 hours. Paid a salary , at about 1/3 of UPS drivers with no ot or benefits all the while Frédéric and his cronies are making huge profits. Or you can work for Express for half the pay and have your bennies cut every year. Oh by the way we actually pay close to $400 a month for a family. You can work here for 15 years with no hope of topping out in pay. Some years Fred is so poor he can't even give us a raise. All the while your hours are continually being cut because more freight is being diverted to ground. So if this sounds like paradise for you with no union, then come on over. The bottom line is when you start at UPS you know you're going to have to " put your time in". But when you do make fulltime the difference between union or no union is night and day.