If you ate the candy that you coworker gave to you and figured out that he took it

bbsam

Staff member
Re: If you ate the candy that you coworker gave to you and figured out that he took i

Why don't you go cry back in the Fedex forum where you belong.:)

bbsam

Staff member
Re: If you ate the candy that you coworker gave to you and figured out that he took i

Something like that

quamba 638

Just flies right over your head doesnt it, seems making a logical choice still doesnt make sense to you people.

Nor the things I said about making a welfare wage, or benefits I earned myself, which I never use. Wow, thanks union! You've made the quality of life so much better for me and the past five years. And perhaps the same for another five years of the same. Lets bleed the guy with a little to no blood left. I am amazed at this, you union farts are animals.

Why me, I ask, why me! Theres no hope for you people. You give yourselves a good old pat on the back, while UPS makes record earnings every year and the union keeps give more and more up. All you people see is doller signs, I see it in a whole different light.

Pft, I'm going to grill some burgers and drink till I dont feel feelings anymore.

How do you see it?

Life would be totally better if everyone in the world took instead of gave?

1) What is your ideal job?

2) Do you think you would make more money at UPS part-time if it weren't union? Pension, insurance, pay?

3) What would the world be like if everyone took and nobody gave?

4) Is this you?

London+Beggars.jpg

tiredofhelping

I don't agree with a lot of the Democrat politics that resides inside the union. I don't like how there's greed in the union. But damnit, I'll pay for their service because even when I was part time, I had insurance and the eventual promise of a good paying job. I just this year eclipsed $30,000 part time, working Saturdays and double shifting. The years before that, I made somewhere between 18k and 25k. I'm a single dad that got divorced 3 years ago, lost my house 2 years ago, never took govt. assistance, WIC or any other program out there because I figured there's people who need it more than I do. My kids live with me, I work odd jobs and pt at UPS knowing that PT at UPS isn't suppose to support a family. I start fulltime Monday. I could never live with myself knowing I work in world corporation where a union has made it a good family wage job for those willing to put in some time and not contribute. The unions don't have to be everywhere, I agree. They need to be at UPS. You say you'd feel slimy taking something for free yet 5 days a week...you take something for free.

I just wanted to wish you luck in going full time. Did you get a driving job or a 22.3 job?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Maybe some of the FedEx members could jump in here and give Orly a reality check.

OK, here goes. Here's a partial list of what we have "gained" at FedEx over the last decade or two, thanks to having an non-union workplace courtesy of Fred S's RLA. There are also some interesting work rules and wage scams.

1. Loss of Pension Plan. Our traditional retirement plan went away for good in 2008, replaced with a puny annuity that isn't a pension at all.

2. Loss of Profit-Sharing. Gone. Poof!!

3. High Medical and Dental premiums, co-pays, and deductibles. I have 2 kids and a wife and it costs me around $400 per month just for payroll deductions. I have the "Premium" Plan. Oh, and they just cut the payout for restorative dental work to 50% from 80%. Sweet.

4. An infinite amount of time to reach top wage. I know co-workers who have been at FedEx as long as 22 years and still haven't reached top scale. Starting pay varies due to market location (more on that next), but averages around $15 -16 per hour.

5. Market Levels. At FedEx, every location is assigned a market level. For example, if you live in or around a high-cost area like SF or NYC, you make more per hour. If you live in the suburbs or a rural area, pay can drop significantly. No Master Agreement means scams like this one.

6. No legitimate grievance procedure. Notice I said "legitimate". FedEx has an Open Door Policy and GFT (Guaranteed Fair Treatment), both programs that are run exclusively by management. What does that tell you?

7. Part-time employment. The vast majority of job openings at FedEx are now PT, and hours cuts are the name of the game for those who remain full-time.

8. Raises? Given at the whim of management. We have gone for periods of 4-5 years at a time with zero raises. Our current "raise" has been deferred to October, when it will be decided if we even get one. If we do, it won't be very much, and they'll simply raise the costs of insurance or deductibles to make it back. FedEx is self-insured.

And there's a lot more. ORLY sounds like he needs a serious reality check. Be VERY glad you have a union. I wish we did.

UPS Preloader

OK, here goes. Here's a partial list of what we have "gained" at FedEx over the last decade or two, thanks to having an non-union workplace courtesy of Fred S's RLA. There are also some interesting work rules and wage scams.

1. Loss of Pension Plan. Our traditional retirement plan went away for good in 2008, replaced with a puny annuity that isn't a pension at all.

2. Loss of Profit-Sharing. Gone. Poof!!

3. High Medical and Dental premiums, co-pays, and deductibles. I have 2 kids and a wife and it costs me around $400 per month just for payroll deductions. I have the "Premium" Plan. Oh, and they just cut the payout for restorative dental work to 50% from 80%. Sweet.

4. An infinite amount of time to reach top wage. I know co-workers who have been at FedEx as long as 22 years and still haven't reached top scale. Starting pay varies due to market location (more on that next), but averages around $15 -16 per hour.

5. Market Levels. At FedEx, every location is assigned a market level. For example, if you live in or around a high-cost area like SF or NYC, you make more per hour. If you live in the suburbs or a rural area, pay can drop significantly. No Master Agreement means scams like this one.

6. No legitimate grievance procedure. Notice I said "legitimate". FedEx has an Open Door Policy and GFT (Guaranteed Fair Treatment), both programs that are run exclusively by management. What does that tell you?

7. Part-time employment. The vast majority of job openings at FedEx are now PT, and hours cuts are the name of the game for those who remain full-time.

8. Raises? Given at the whim of management. We have gone for periods of 4-5 years at a time with zero raises. Our current "raise" has been deferred to October, when it will be decided if we even get one. If we do, it won't be very much, and they'll simply raise the costs of insurance or deductibles to make it back. FedEx is self-insured.

And there's a lot more. ORLY sounds like he needs a serious reality check. Be VERY glad you have a union. I wish we did.

Thanks, and Sorry.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream

I just wanted to wish you luck in going full time. Did you get a driving job or a 22.3 job?

Thanks bud. Package car for me. I start in less that 12 hours. I was hoping I'd be tired by now but instead I'm all amped up. I'll just take a melatonin pill and I'll be out soon enough...but first, I must beat my kids upon their heads and shoulders because they're up and screeching. (I seriously won't...but I will remind them that it's really easy and fun for me to wake them up in the morning when it's time...whether or not they've slept good or not.) :)

S

serenity now

you'll be tired soon enough.........

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

You know, I've been a member of the union from the instant I was able(/told) to join. I enjoy the protection that comes from that and, even if were to become an option, will choose to remain a Teamster. That said, one point that ORLY!?! made early on in all this strikes true in my mind: as a part-timer, the pay is absolute ****. When we first see our meager paychecks, we grumble but we adjust to the low income. After a month of adjusting, we're, in certain states, handed union papers and told we have to sign up and we'll start having money taken out of our already slight paychecks. It leaves some of us dumbfounded and others angry, and I see how tempting it would be to scoff at the idea if I was told that membership was wholly voluntary.

Just throwin' those two pennies out there for anybody who could use a couple cents....

Great post!

The pay for the work is outrageously low. You all think that the work is handed out equally amoungst us, sure, do you even work for UPS at all? I know for a fact my work is not equal to those around me and many others. I dont feel as if I get a fair shake in things, get single out quite often, no matter if I'm lite or heavy, clean or full, it doesnt matter. For the abuse to my body, mind and paycheck, its a no brainer not to pay dues.

Agreed, I totally rolled my eyes when I was told joining the union was so important. There was four of us in the class, all three started right away filling out the form. I just took it with me. Out of those four, I'm the only one left. Perhaps, paying dues was the start of those other threes downfall here. All three of them were rampant complainers, I bet from being paid so lowly at the time for the amount work. It might be a huge factor to those working part time at many buildings. Low pay, abusive work equals turnover.

As I said before, I make as much as someone within 8 years. I was talking to him today infact, and he was thinking about getting a new job and leaving this one. He's even trained as a driver. Getting paid 250-275 a week would kill it for a lot of people with 8 years in. Perhaps this a reoccuring problem with the turnover rate here at UPS. Perhaps the pay, taxes and then union dues makes people rethink their choice of joining UPS. Its not a bad theory!

Perhaps you really have to love the union and its dues to tolerate UPS. Again, not a bad theory!

MrFedEx, whats your job title, if you could, non of my business, just interested, whats your over income a year, you dont have to answer that one. There are many other ways to secure your future. Gold, IRA, bonds, silver heck I heard nickle is getting quite rare these days as well. Just because your job doesnt offer you a soild retirement plan, theres others options to go to. I believe we all should look after our own retirements, this means spreading out your options, not just one choice. I have many spread out already and looking into metals, yet a little too hot at the moment.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

Great post!

The pay for the work is outrageously low. You all think that the work is handed out equally amoungst us, sure, do you even work for UPS at all? I know for a fact my work is not equal to those around me and many others. I dont feel as if I get a fair shake in things, get single out quite often, no matter if I'm lite or heavy, clean or full, it doesnt matter. For the abuse to my body, mind and paycheck, its a no brainer not to pay dues.

Agreed, I totally rolled my eyes when I was told joining the union was so important. There was four of us in the class, all three started right away filling out the form. I just took it with me. Out of those four, I'm the only one left. Perhaps, paying dues was the start of those other threes downfall here. All three of them were rampant complainers, I bet from being paid so lowly at the time for the amount work. It might be a huge factor to those working part time at many buildings. Low pay, abusive work equals turnover.

As I said before, I make as much as someone within 8 years. I was talking to him today infact, and he was thinking about getting a new job and leaving this one. He's even trained as a driver. Getting paid 250-275 a week would kill it for a lot of people with 8 years in. Perhaps this a reoccuring problem with the turnover rate here at UPS. Perhaps the pay, taxes and then union dues makes people rethink their choice of joining UPS. Its not a bad theory!

Perhaps you really have to love the union and its dues to tolerate UPS. Again, not a bad theory!

MrFedEx, whats your job title, if you could, non of my business, just interested, whats your over income a year, you dont have to answer that one. There are many other ways to secure your future. Gold, IRA, bonds, silver heck I heard nickle is getting quite rare these days as well. Just because your job doesnt offer you a soild retirement plan, theres others options to go to. I believe we all should look after our own retirements, this means spreading out your options, not just one choice. I have many spread out already and looking into metals, yet a little too hot at the moment.

<yawn>

Go work the minimum wage job you deserve.

​Stop stealing my money!!!!

hypo hanna

How do you guys know if we wouldnt be better off without a union? Your just speculating details.

s.

They need look no further the the drivers at FedEx. Not the same but very much a similar job. When I hired on with them about 30 yrs ago, I was promised all sorts of benefits. That FedEx takes care of its people and doesn't need a union to help me look out for my interest. Stupidly I bought into their con. Now I'm in my 50s and they have steadily taken away all of those benefits. Payed 10 dollars less at top out scale. New hires have no chance to top out and a 20 year FedEx driver will be making half what you guys make after 5 years. What's left of my pension will be worth a third less then it should and a whole lot less then a 30 yr ups driver would make. Retiree medical gone. Shift differential pay gone. Cola raises spotty and rarely cover inflation. Insurance cost through the roof. Too late for me but if I could go back in time, I would be wearing brown today instead of blue. You guys have it good and you can thank your union for that. Sure the IBT has its warts but without it you wouldn't have a fraction of the compensation you now enjoy.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)

Are all scabs this illiterate?

Sorry, cinco de mayo and all. Started to lose grip on reality.

That's nice dude. But when you misspell the word "dollar" multiple times days prior to the 5th of May, it really suggests otherwise.

Or you have never met an excuse that you didn't like.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

They need look no further the the drivers at FedEx. Not the same but very much a similar job. When I hired on with them about 30 yrs ago, I was promised all sorts of benefits. That FedEx takes care of its people and doesn't need a union to help me look out for my interest. Stupidly I bought into their con. Now I'm in my 50s and they have steadily taken away all of those benefits. Payed 10 dollars less at top out scale. New hires have no chance to top out and a 20 year FedEx driver will be making half what you guys make after 5 years. What's left of my pension will be worth a third less then it should and a whole lot less then a 30 yr ups driver would make. Retiree medical gone. Shift differential pay gone. Cola raises spotty and rarely cover inflation. Insurance cost through the roof. Too late for me but if I could go back in time, I would be wearing brown today instead of blue. You guys have it good and you can thank your union for that. Sure the IBT has its warts but without it you wouldn't have a fraction of the compensation you now enjoy.

A buisness can be bad either way, with or without a union. UPS is just as bad with one without one. I love how people believe they have it so bad, its common in all work places it seems. Run across a girl last week who was complaining up a storm over 700 packages. I come to work just to laugh more often then to work nowadays. Seems the population has an entitlement complex.