If you could afford to quit how would you?

browntroll

even if i win the lottery and im set for life im coming to work but turning the tables on management. i know how to sabotage areas
im just waiting for the day i can afford to get fired to do it.

bbsam

Staff member
I would buy out every single contractor in the building, begin a convoy of trucks to the scrap yard, witness them destroyed and then buy a piece of property across from the terminal, set up a lawn chair and enjoy the show.:) Nah. I'd sit at home and see if it made the evening news.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I won the lottery, stick around to annoy managment.

When I was in the military they would separate anyone who had won the lottery with the thinking that they would be less likely to obey an order that they didn't necessarily agree with.

I am leaving UPS (and this forum) 7/1/18. Is that enough notice?

UPSClerkGirl

I would work a little bit and decide if I really wanted to leave. And if I were to leave, it would be with two weeks notice. I'm not going to ruin someone's day just because I got lucky and won the lottery.

Treat others as you want to be treated. Even if they are evil.

Browndriver5

I would still work part time for the insurance and just wait to got full time. I like driving so I would just wait it out with no finical stress

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
even if i win the lottery and im set for life im coming to work but turning the tables on management. i know how to sabotage areas
im just waiting for the day i can afford to get fired to do it.
Just remember that it is your co-workers who will be working late to clean up the mess you leave behind.

If I hit the lottery I would give 2 weeks notice and continue doing my job in a professional and productive manner until my last stop was delivered. If volume was light and we had guys laid off, I would certainly be willing to step aside sooner. I want the last day of my 30+ year career at UPS to be positive, not vindictive and petty. Why burn bridges? Even if you will never cross them again its nice to leave them intact.

porkwagon

Had a preloader across from my who I became friends with, after a few months he grew tired of the place and kept saying he was going to go out with a bang, he waited till the flow got unbarebale one day, he walked out when no sup was close and told me to wait 15mins before telling anyone, I proceeded to wait it and thinking he may come back in but he never did, 15mins later it was one hell of a mess, he had his trucks 1/4 of the way loaded and sups had to clean up the disaster. Come to find out every package he loaded before walking out was misloads. It was pretty classy.
What an enormous doosh!

rod

Retired 22 years
When I was in the military they would separate anyone who had won the lottery with the thinking that they would be less likely to obey an order that they didn't necessarily agree with.

I am leaving UPS (and this forum) 7/1/18. Is that enough notice?

We need one of those count down clocks.

jaker

trolling
If I won the lottery and to make everyone else happy also

I would drive around all day and talk to people and say goodbye leaving all my ground to be delivered by the guys around my route ( but I would give them 1000 bucks to make up for it )