If you doubleshift, do you get overtime?

Rawrzxor

As a package handler, if I decide to double shift all week, do I still get overtime for everything over 5 hours per day? Or do they not give you overtime if you double shift? Well, they have to pay you overtime after 40 hours a week, right?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As a package handler, if I decide to double shift all week, do I still get overtime for everything over 5 hours per day? Or do they not give you overtime if you double shift? Well, they have to pay you overtime after 40 hours a week, right?

If you are scheduled to double shift you receive OT after 8 hours/day or 40 hours/week.

laffter

Based on keeping track of my time, this is how it works HERE-

OT for PT employees working inside starts after 5 hours for the shift. If you work a second shift, OT starts after 8 hours worked for the day. BUT, only [up to] 5 hours from the previous shift counts towards those 8. Example: If you worked 6,7,8 hours in preload, you still have to work 3 hours in twilight before OT kicks in. Likewise, if you only work 3.5 hours in preload, you'll be working 4.5 in twilight before you get OT.

This applies (here) to both double shifting or driver helping. It probably doesn't work this way in other regions.

PT Car Washer

Based on keeping track of my time, this is how it works HERE-

OT for PT employees working inside starts after 5 hours for the shift. If you work a second shift, OT starts after 8 hours worked for the day. BUT, only [up to] 5 hours from the previous shift counts towards those 8. Example: If you worked 6,7,8 hours in preload, you still have to work 3 hours in twilight before OT kicks in. Likewise, if you only work 3.5 hours in preload, you'll be working 4.5 in twilight before you get OT.

This applies (here) to both double shifting or driver helping. It probably doesn't work this way in other regions.
That is crazy. Real simple in the Central Region. OT after 5 hours for PT unless you are driving. Think of it as a penalty for not hiring enough FT.

Mr Shifter

That is crazy. Real simple in the Central Region. OT after 5 hours for PT unless you are driving. Think of it as a penalty for not hiring enough FT.

You'd more than likely be required to file a grievance to get this. If you volunteer for the work they won't want to give you OT after 5.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
You'd more than likely be required to file a grievance to get this. If you volunteer for the work they won't want to give you OT after 5.
I never had to file a grievance to get it. When I was part time it was OT after 5 hours every time. I'd never work more then 7.50 so the OT would stick and wouldn't go back down to normal rate.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Not in 804 if you elect to double shift..
Screenshot_2014-11-16-07-56-31.png