If you ever wanted to live somewhere else this was year to do it seems

margaritaville

Transfering is hard. But if you ever thought of living in florida or cali or anywhere. This would of been the year to do it. It seems like everyone is hiring.

If you cant transfer, you could straight up quit your job and prob be a driver at any other hub after being there for 6 months or less. Since most places are desperate for drivers. But it would of been most ideal to move jan 2014. More risky now.

ManInBrown

Lose all seniority
Lose vacation
Lose top rate
Go on a whim and hope it works out?
No Thanks

In all reality you are right. You would really have to screw up to not be put on FT eventually. But the risk and the above things you lose are too much.

margaritaville

Lose all seniority
Lose vacation
Lose top rate
Go on a whim and hope it works out?
No Thanks

In all reality you are right. You would really have to screw up to not be put on FT eventually. But the risk and the above things you lose are too much.

True, but if you absolutely hate your state and want to get out of it before retirement. This was the year. No one has the guts. But if you do, this was the year.

Pooter

I can't imagine driving in SoCal....then again with traffic I can only imagine they go out with 50 stops in a 3 mile radius :D

I wish in this fantasy thread that I could transfer to the northwest. Oregon in specific.

Overpaid Union Thug

Every time someone asks me if we are hiring I tell them not to bother with my building (an extended center) and to go to the hub instead. Until recently the extended centers were the place to be because the wait to go full-time is usually half the time (or less) of the hubs'. But with all of the hiring going on in the hubs right now people are going into package or feeders super quick there. My center has had quite a few transfers from the hub over the years (I was one of them) and for the first time ever I'm thinking that we all made a mistake. LOL!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Every time someone asks me if we are hiring I tell them not to bother with my building (an extended center) and to go to the hub instead. Until recently the extended centers were the place to be because the wait to go full-time is usually half the time (or less) of the hubs'. But with all of the hiring going on in the hubs right now people are going into package or feeders super quick there. My center has had quite a few transfers from the hub over the years (I was one of them) and for the first time ever I'm thinking that we all made a mistake. LOL!
Thought I'd let you know Roswell has 3 feeder coverage routes up for bid that don't run out of our building. Might wanna talk to Matt H. if you're getting some of them.

Overpaid Union Thug

Thought I'd let you know Roswell has 3 feeder coverage routes up for bid that don't run out of our building. Might wanna talk to Matt H. if you're getting some of them.

Those bid sheets definitely won't be coming near my building. We can't even do our own CPUs. Let alone a run out of another building.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The OP has no seniority. Why not move? My wife and I quit our jobs and moved to Texas when we got married. 4 years later we both quit and moved back to WI.

Know of 6 transfers this year. 3 accepted, 3 didn't. The only question is where to sign up next year.

TheKid99

My wish would be
St Louis, MO
Charlotte, NC
Fayetteville, NC
Dallas, TX
Houston, TX
New Orleans, LA
Seattle, WA
Portland, OR
Kansas City, MO
Baltimore, MD