If You had not Gone to Work for UPS....

clean hairy

If you coulda handed the Trooper your UPS id "accidentally" instead of your license, then handed him your license, mighta gotten away with a warning?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Locally? Yes.

On the shoulder of I-95 in South Carolina in a car with New York plates? Doubtful.

Why do you think that just because you had "New York plate" automatically made you a target for the trooper? This is at least the second time you mentioned that.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Cuz, you ain't from round here are ya, boy?
image.jpg

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I would have stayed in school, I had kind of a generalized long range plan to get a language degree and then go someplace like Spain to be an English teacher.

oldupsman

I had college degree in secondary education. I was suppose to be a high school history teacher.
I was doing some subbing when UPS called. 32 years later I called the state dept. of education
and asked if my certification was still good. They said I was still certified to teach. Quite frankly, I
don't think I am

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I would of stripped full time , then got strung out on drugs like most of the other girls, then got turned out to support drug habit, then would of bottomed out as a crack whore on 4th street in Reno.

I guess you could say UPS saved my life.

10 point

I was driving safely, just a bit too quickly and that, coupled with my New York plates, gave the good old boy more than enough reason to pull me over. I was surprised he didn't make me go to the local court house to appear before his uncle and pay the fine in person.
"Driving just a bit too quickly"???

You mean speeding?

We can jump on everyone else's statements here but speeding (related to reckless op) is now "driving a bit too quickly".
Sure.

10 point

Restaurant equipment repair is $75-$105/hr Mon thru Fri, time and a half on Sat, and double time on Sunday.

I'd have five technical repair people on the road at $35/hr, stay home and send out bills.