If you hate your job and those you work for at UPS then why do you stay?

Integrity

Binge Poster
To My Fellow UPS Workers,

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

For Discussion:

If are truly that miserable then what motivates you?

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
I haven't even been here that long but I can still say I don't hate the job but I do what it has become.
Indecisi0n,

What has the job become?

What the job has become is what the job is and what the job is, is the job.

Therefore aren't you really saying that even though you haven't been here long you have come to hate the job since the job is what the job has become?

Sincerely,
I

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

For Discussion:

Sincerely,
I

It really isn't the job I hare. It's the lies and deceit that management tries to pull day in and day out. For what? To try to make their bonus bigger. Not gonna happen from me. I follow the contract as close ad I possibly can. Only time I could get in trouble is if I make a short cut. So, I don't.

Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n,

What has the job become?

What the job has become is what the job is and what the job is, is the job.

Therefore aren't you really saying that even though you haven't been here long you have come to hate the job since the job is what the job has become?

Sincerely,
I
Yes

Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n,

Then why do you stay for money and job security?

Why is money and job security so important to you that you would stay in a job that you hate?

Sincerely,
I

A) To pay the bills and buy a bunch of crap I don't need.

B) I'll put up with the BS now because when I am fully retired at 50 year old I'll be the one laughing all the way to the bank.

Integrity

Binge Poster
It really isn't the job I hare. It's the lies and deceit that management tries to pull day in and day out. For what? To try to make their bonus bigger. Not gonna happen from me. I follow the contract as close ad I possibly can. Only time I could get in trouble is if I make a short cut. So, I don't.
10 2 go,

You say it isn't the job you hate.

You are saying however that you hate part of the job at least;

how large of a part of the job that you hate is really a function of how much the lies and deceit that management pulls is part of your day since you say it happens day in and day out.

How large of a portion of your job do you hate?

Sincerely,
I

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's a job. I don't hate it but I don't exactly wake up before my alarm every morning with a huge smile on my face. I'm happy with our compensation to work to BS ratio. I really think that's all any job is.

People will always complain about their job its just the way it is. I have a friend that delivers beer. He's off by 3 everyday and only works 4 days a week. I really envy his job sometimes. He looks at my job and all he sees are $$$$$. As they say the grass is always greener.

bumped

If I have a decent dispatch and left alone the job is OK. Otherwise, I hate it. I hate working Christmas Eve.

I'm also here for the money and job security. I'm priced in at this point. My college degree means nothing, and there are 20 years of graduates that have the upper hand on someone that hasn't practiced their degree.

My dad was laid off in the early 80's recession, so the job security is really important. I know what its like to eat government cheese. I work at UPS for my family, not for me.

oldngray

nowhere special

For Discussion:

Sincerely,
I
What motivates you and why do you stay?

Integrity

Binge Poster
A) To pay the bills and buy a bunch of crap I don't need.

B) I'll put up with the BS now because when I am fully retired at 50 year old I'll be the one laughing all the way to the bank.
Indecisi0n,

A)

Why do you need to pay the bills?

Many people don't pay their bills.

Why to you need to buy a bunch of crap you don't need?

B)

Why do you need to laugh all the way to the bank when you retire at 50?

Sincerely,
I