If you hate your job and those you work for at UPS then why do you stay?

Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n,

A)

Why do you need to pay the bills?

Many people don't pay their bills.

Why to you need to buy a bunch of crap you don't need?

B)

Why do you need to laugh all the way to the bank when you retire at 50?

Sincerely,
I
A) Are you one of those people?
a- I don't need to buy it, I want to buy it.

B) Because everyone else will be working past 50 years old but I won't.

Integrity

Binge Poster
It's a job. I don't hate it but I don't exactly wake up before my alarm every morning with a huge smile on my face. I'm happy with our compensation to work to BS ratio. I really think that's all any job is.

People will always complain about their job its just the way it is. I have a friend that delivers beer. He's off by 3 everyday and only works 4 days a week. I really envy his job sometimes. He looks at my job and all he sees are $$$$$. As they say the grass is always greener.
Brownslave688,

That is true it is a job.

Thanks for your contribution but the thread is really for those who hate their jobs at UPS.

You obviously don't so you might want to check out other threads.

Sincerely,
I

bumped

With a wife and kids we buy a bunch of crap we don't need. I'm not going to argue about it, because its not worth it. I lived through it first hand, and even though my parents stayed married money issues are a large part of divorces.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Brownslave688,

That is true it is a job.

Thanks for your contribution but the thread is really for those who hate their jobs at UPS.

You obviously don't so you might want to check out other threads.

Sincerely,
I
My point was relevant in being I meant many people thibk they "hate" their jobs. When really they just hate having a job.

I believe anyone that really truly hates their job will move on. I mean hate is a very strong word choice here is it not?

I believe your whole thread is bogus because you're not really looking for people who hate the job. You're looking for people who think they hate their jobs.

Integrity

Binge Poster
A) Are you one of those people?
a- I don't need to buy it, I want to buy it.

B) Because everyone else will be working past 50 years old but I won't.

A)

One those people? If you are asking if I don't pay my bills the answer is no I do pay my bills.

Sorry, Why to you want to buy a bunch of crap that you don't need?

B)

You can't believe that you are the only one on the planet who will be not working past 50 years old.

If you believe that everyone else will be working past 50 years old then I think the joke is going to be more on you at that time.

Sincerely,
I

paidover95

For the last part of the 23 years I worked there, I hated every minute of it.I stayed because of the fear of not knowing what would be better.$$$$$ or all the other things that would improve if I left.Well let me tell you B was the best choice I ever made.My relationships with my wife and kids improved,i spend so much more time with my kids,I'm a much happier person,my back and body don't ache anymore,my blood pressure is down,I don't ever feel stressed out,I only work 40 hours a week now(9.30am-6pm)I have diner with them not by myself, a family vacation in December. The list could go on and on.For those of you who hate your job there,my advise is to take some steps to enable yourself to be able to leave and find happiness in your life.Dont be blinded $$$$ and overtime.

Indecisi0n

A)

One those people? If you are asking if I don't pay my bills the answer is no I do pay my bills.

Sorry, Why to you want to buy a bunch of crap that you don't need?

B)

You can't believe that you are the only one on the planet who will be not working past 50 years old.

If you believe that everyone else will be working past 50 years old then I think the joke is going to be more on you at that time.

Sincerely,
I

A) Because I can.

B) Did I mention I would be the only one retired at 50 or are you putting words in my mouth?

Integrity

Binge Poster
My point was relevant in being I meant many people thibk they "hate" their jobs. When really they just hate having a job.

I believe anyone that really truly hates their job will move on. I mean hate is a very strong word choice here is it not?

I believe your whole thread is bogus because you're not really looking for people who hate the job. You're looking for people who think they hate their jobs.
Brownslave,

Your statements defy rational thinking and logic.

I don't believe any person is in the position to comment on what they think other people think.

Do you think that all people who think they hate their jobs are lazy and just don't want a job at all.

There is plenty of example that individuals will stay in jobs that they claim to hate, this refutes your belief that they just think they hate their jobs or they would get another job.

You believe about my thread lacks rational thinking and logic.

I made the thread, I asked the questions.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
With a wife and kids we buy a bunch of crap we don't need. I'm not going to argue about it, because its not worth it. I lived through it first hand, and even though my parents stayed married money issues are a large part of divorces.
bumped,

You by a bunch of crap you don't need.

You are not going to argue about it.

Why, because it is not worth it?

If is was worth it, then would you?

What would make it worth it?

Do the questions posed in the thread apply to you?

Sincerely,
I

blkmamba

Brownslave,

Your statements defy rational thinking and logic.

I don't believe any person is in the position to comment on what they think other people think.

Do you think that all people who think they hate their jobs are lazy and just don't want a job at all.

There is plenty of example that individuals will stay in jobs that they claim to hate, this refutes your belief that they just think they hate their jobs or they would get another job.

You believe about my thread lacks rational thinking and logic.

I made the thread, I asked the questions.

Sincerely,
I
I love the last line of this, you have one big ego. I understand this post is irrelevant and you will tell me to look for another thread but I really don't care.

twoweeled

To My Fellow UPS Workers,

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

For Discussion:

If you hate your job and those you work for at UPS then why do you stay?

If are truly that miserable then what motivates you?

Sincerely,
I
One reason and one reason only. money! If I'm not getting paid, I promise you, I'm not showing up!
I think that's the reality of most people. some people have a way of convincing themselves they love their jobs. I guarantee, if you don't pay them, they won't be showing up either. I think of things I love to do - and I don't have to be paid to do any of the things I truly love to do.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
10 2 go,

You say it isn't the job you hate.

You are saying however that you hate part of the job at least;

how large of a part of the job that you hate is really a function of how much the lies and deceit that management pulls is part of your day since you say it happens day in and day out.

How large of a portion of your job do you hate?

Sincerely,
I

I,

I'd. Have to say -at least 50%. Just because of management . I go out every day and do my job the same way every time. I don't care about their numbers. All I'm here for is the ck. Only time they say boo to me is because they make a stupid add /cut or tell me to go help somehow. Then the numbers don't look good. Not my problem. I just did what they wanted. Somehow my telematics are the best in the building. Day in, day out. I don't even try.

brownrod

I don't hate my job :)
I like driving around give people boxes and collecting a nice paycheck every week.

As long as I ignore and don't pay attention to management I'm actually a pretty happy UPSer! :)

code5

I didn't like working for UPS anymore so I quit a year and a half ago.

I have a job with better hours, better benefits, soon to be better pay and empowerment in the workplace rather than work as directed. I haul propane now, my company paid for my 1a licence. I worked for UPS for 18 years as a fulltime driver and loved in for the first 15 and hated the last 3. Yes, the company changed so I got out.

I look back proud to say I worked for UPS but not the current structure of today's UPS. I very much respect all UPSers cause I know how hard they work

Also, Integrity, your minipulative attitude is the whole foundation of what UPS is today, I got no use for you. You have the right to your opinion but I do not share it. To each their own - people do have choices, I made mine and sure don't regret it.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
UPS is becoming like a bad movie...you want to walk out but something compels you stay to the bitter end. Thank God I'm down to the last reel.