"If you like your health care plan, you..."

HBGPreloader

The full quote...
"If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.”
- President Obama

Boy was he wrong.

And, to sum it up as simply as possible, this is why I am voting no to the new contract proposal.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The full quote...
"If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.”
- President Obama

Boy was he wrong.

And, to sum it up as simply as possible, this is why I am voting no to the new contract proposal.

Exactly what does Obama have to do with our current contract proposal?

Peace

TOS

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
The full quote...
- President Obama

Boy was he wrong.

So the government is forcing UPS to change their insurance plan? Or UPS can't afford a single dime more and therefore they are cutting back? Or UPS is seeing a way to save billions and push the cost off on Teamster members? Which seems the most plausible?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So the government is forcing UPS to change their insurance plan? Or UPS can't afford a single dime more and therefore they are cutting back? Or UPS is seeing a way to save billions and push the cost off on Teamster members? Which seems the most plausible?

I'll choose door #3.

HBGPreloader

As I get ready to cast my ballots for the TA and local supplement, that campaign promise came to mind and struck a chord with me.
So, my comment really has little to do with obama. However, the quote has a lot to say about those currently in charge of the Teamster union who endorsed obama because, as a part-timer, I've come to realize that I (along with 100,000+ of my coworkers) am losing the benefits I would like to keep.