"If you like your health care plan, you..."

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by HBGPreloader, May 31, 2013.

1. HBGPreloader

HBGPreloader Active Member

The full quote...
    "If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.”
    - President Obama

Boy was he wrong.

And, to sum it up as simply as possible, this is why I am voting no to the new contract proposal.
  2. The Other Side

The Other Side Well-Known Troll Troll

Exactly what does Obama have to do with our current contract proposal?

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  3. thedownhillEXPRESS

thedownhillEXPRESS Well-Known Member

When did Obama become Teamster president?!!
  4. Inthegame

Inthegame Well-Known Member

Now that's a thought...end of Presidential term Jan 20th 2017, next GP election Nov 2016. Aw shucks, he'd have to pull a Palin and resign. Anyway, I'm voting for Piedmont for Teamsters GP '16! Who's with me???
  5. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

So the government is forcing UPS to change their insurance plan? Or UPS can't afford a single dime more and therefore they are cutting back? Or UPS is seeing a way to save billions and push the cost off on Teamster members? Which seems the most plausible?
  6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I'll choose door #3.
  7. thedownhillEXPRESS

thedownhillEXPRESS Well-Known Member

Same here.
  8. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

Congrats guys! But really it was pretty simple.;)
  9. HBGPreloader

HBGPreloader Active Member

As I get ready to cast my ballots for the TA and local supplement, that campaign promise came to mind and struck a chord with me.
    So, my comment really has little to do with obama. However, the quote has a lot to say about those currently in charge of the Teamster union who endorsed obama because, as a part-timer, I've come to realize that I (along with 100,000+ of my coworkers) am losing the benefits I would like to keep.