If you think your having a bad day

chris9834

Whats even more comical about the whole ordeal is my meeting with him was handing him a grievence, him and my steward were sure taking advantage of getting a gut full of laughter. Im sure as I made about 5 steps from his office he was fist pumping to the air screaming WINNING in his Charlie sheen voice....well friend* me lmao

moldsporh

Sounds like your manager possibly knowingly screwed you. On the last day before your vacation.....he asks you

"How's your vacation"?

Managers know who's on vacation, some are so busy they may lose focus but for the most part....I'm betting he knew.

Either way....that does suck.

chris9834

Sounds like your manager possibly knowingly screwed you. On the last day before your vacation.....he asks you

"How's your vacation"?

Managers know who's on vacation, some are so busy they may lose focus but for the most part....I'm betting he knew.

Either way....that does suck.
Yea well I have been in the warehouse vs in my center so he probably didnt know, but then again the FT sup does have to relay my time card to my center bc my timecard is still assigned to my center so he probably did know.

clean hairy

I know a couple of folks who bid their vacations based on the Mon-Fri dates they will be gone.
Never any confusion as to when they will be on vacation!

UPSjedi41

I just discovered today that my 2 weeks of vacation this year are each a week earlier than I thought. Glad I checked before I booked the vacation. Lesson learned on the week ending date.

oldngray

nowhere special
My wife could never understand vacations scheduled by Saturday of the week ending. She always would get mixed up and think that date would be the day vacation started.

chris9834

My wife could never understand vacations scheduled by Saturday of the week ending. She always would get mixed up and think that date would be the day vacation started.
Yea well every single job ive ever worked at that is the way it works. So I didnt think nothing of it, it definitely caught me smooth of guard, but on the bright side I still got my 7 option days so im going to make positive of that lol.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Look at the two, checks then go week ending, I will learn this concept. Its always been week ending and make sure Yu go over it with your stupidvisor.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yep. Wife and I go on and on. She usually picks vacations a week or two before me. She gets 8 weeks. She's damn near a doctor but doesn't understand week ending July 4th means I have off the week before that date.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
There was always confusion around my house as well. I solved it by getting a wall calendar and physically filling in the days I was going to be off with a highlighter to avoid misunderstandings.