If you were offered a new job with the same pay would you stay?

If offered a new job with the same pay would you stay at UPS

• Yes I would stay

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • No I would Leave

Votes: 48 62.3%
  • Maybe I'm Not Sure

Votes: 13 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
If I could find a job making what I was making at the job I quit to come here I'd be gone. I'd have never quit my last job to take this one had I known it would be this way.

Dutch Dawg

Anywhere one goes today in America, they will find needless, unnecessary, accompanying on the job BS if they open their eyes when looking.

For those that would go in a NY minute, they probably should as they are obviously not finding the personal gratification in what they do daily to think otherwise.

If you stay only because of the money, it’s a trap you’ve laid for yourself and have no one else to blame for your misery.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
This may sound arrogant, but to me, the question is already answered. I will leave UPS and make more money, hopefully in the next 5 years. Just as I came to UPS and made more money than I do now. Money isn't everything though. I know I can make $40/hr privately teaching music, doing it now, but it is not an easy way to make a living.

As far as UPS, the union is so awful up here as far as representing members and what the contract actually says that I may actually put my letter in, again, before I inevitably go out the door.

Dustyroads

It's a funny thing. I've been here 30 years, all in package cars, and actually, the working conditions are much better now than they ever have been. The union has fought for decades to decrease overtime, increase pay and benefits, and the company has agreed to those changes. When I started, excessive overtime was defined as three consecutive ten hour dispatches.

Fortunately, for me, we have the best center management team that we've had for 30 years. I've seen the worst. It's just the luck of the draw, but it's nice right now.

Would I leave, obviously not, considering the crap I've seen and outlasted.