If your helper took pictures and video of you what would you do?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Coworkers can't fire each other.....The helper doesn't work for you any more than the guy who loads your truck.
MjAxMi00YmQ4ZjNmNTQxNGU5ZTMz.png

laffter

Why are we even having this discussion/argument, really?

What kind of helpers have you guys had that you have to abandon them on-route?
If a helper isn't working out... you finish your day and refuse to use them in the future. If the problem is so bad, you take them back to their car, call your center to advise them what happened, and move on with your day. Are you worried about wasting time taking them back to their car? If whoever you call knows what's up, that isn't an issue.

Helpers are like newly hired part timers. Most of them are going to suck. That's what you get when you hire people at a peasant's wage.

laffter

I think I went off topic a little. The argument seems to be about firing someone...

Yeah, as an hourly employee you can't fire anyone. Your influence led to the helper's termination- that's all.

A couple days before peak's end, my full time sup was looking for a decision on which seasonals to keep (on my belt). If I personally had a strong opinion on any of them, I might have influenced that decision. His suggestion seemed fine.

^ It's kind of like that. Except you're the only person who has any experience with your helper, so your decision may be final.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
They're having the argument because a certain driver insists that HE has the authority to fire someone...yeah, you don't....but thanks for playing. Come and fire me tomorrow.

Marne Vet

Why are we even having this discussion/argument, really?

What kind of helpers have you guys had that you have to abandon them on-route?
If a helper isn't working out... you finish your day and refuse to use them in the future. If the problem is so bad, you take them back to their car, call your center to advise them what happened, and move on with your day. Are you worried about wasting time taking them back to their car? If whoever you call knows what's up, that isn't an issue.

Helpers are like newly hired part timers. Most of them are going to suck. That's what you get when you hire people at a peasant's wage.

That's just what some of the people on here like to do. They argue semantics, and some from Up State NY just like to be anal. Management has the ultimate say in hiring/firing, but that does not mean when a driver fires a helper, that 1) they didn't fire them, or 2) their decision being upheld in some way negates the fact that they fired them. Some of these clowns will argue the book till they're blue in the face. Let them. I get a good laugh from it. The helpers I've had to fire over the years never worked another day at UPS. Let these guys argue about the semantics and who had the ultimate say.

Some of the helpers I've had were just amazing though, and I helped get a few jobs with the company at the end of Peak.

over9five

Staff member
If you've had to "fire" several helpers, did you ever consider that YOU are probably the problem???

Sent from Mordor using BrownCafe app

Marne Vet

They're having the argument because a certain driver insists that HE has the authority to fire someone...yeah, you don't....but thanks for playing. Come and fire me tomorrow.

Bahaha you mad too?

I fired a few helpers and everyone gets a tampon wedged in their meat purse. Management upheld my decisions. Semantics are all you're aging over.

Marne Vet

If you've had to "fire" several helpers, did you ever consider that YOU are probably the problem???

Sent from Mordor using BrownCafe app

A few over almost twenty years? I guess I was to blame for a guy that wouldn't work in the rain. I was to blame for a girl that wouldn't lift anything over 40 lbs, etc etc. Yeah, you're spot on. I was to blame.

Marne Vet

You mean...management fired him? Ohhh now I understand.

No, they upheld my decision when I fired them. Still want to argue semantics? Just because they have the final authority to keep them, or release them, doesn't mean you didn't fire them once you sent them home that day and they never returned. It was your action, that decision, that got them fired. By all means though, continue the debate.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
No, they upheld my decision when I fired them. Still want to argue semantics? Just because they have the final authority to keep them, or release them, doesn't mean you didn't fire them once you sent them home that day and they never returned. It was your action, that decision, that got them fired. By all means though, continue the debate.
Wow, never saw a guy argue so strongly to get credit for firing someone....are you my new center manager?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
When I agree with Dave...that's just proves how wrong you are...lol. And while some may disagree, I have a lil too much vagina to be the new Upstate....