If your sup never sends you home early, would you think he likes or doesn't like you?

Ant12

My sup sends home a :censored2:load of people everyday but I've only got asked once. I could care less since I need the money, but would you think it's a good or bad thing?

BrownChoice

You will come to see at UPS, sometimes supes actually see and know who the hard workers are, and will give them the hardest job and/or more work. Then it sorta becomes an expectation. 10-15 years down the road and your driving..Don't complain your doing 180-210 stops when most everyone else gets 130-150....

Not saying don't work hard.. Just don't over do it and potentially get yourself hurt. Then they will hate you no matter what.

Now I just need to follow my own advice.. :-/

browntroll

it means you should work slower, trust me i used to be that guy and still am. once they know you work hard
and other sups find out then its game over. i find it hard to call in sick or be late more than 5 occasions without getting
a warning. i had a sup try to verbally warn me day after i called in sick well he checked and i only had 3 occasions in 9 months.
the trick is to not stick out otherwise they will expect it everyday from you and will notice when you are not there or late.
i still cant leave early even though i have a decent amount of seniority.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Some sups will hook you up if you actually work hard. My sup gives me more time by making me check the building for good packages that got left behind. I basically do the job of two or more persons in less than 3.5 hours. Sometimes hard work pays off, if it doesn't in your situation, then work slower.

barnyard

KTM rider
As a general rule, I have found that it is not productive to ponder what other people think, it is much better to just ask them.

Ant12

it means you should work slower, trust me i used to be that guy and still am. once they know you work hard
and other sups find out then its game over. i find it hard to call in sick or be late more than 5 occasions without getting
a warning. i had a sup try to verbally warn me day after i called in sick well he checked and i only had 3 occasions in 9 months.
the trick is to not stick out otherwise they will expect it everyday from you and will notice when you are not there or late.
i still cant leave early even though i have a decent amount of seniority.
Yah. My coworker is known for being a bad worker(no offense but all the sups hate him lol) and he worked like 2 days last week.....he has to say no a lot when sups asked if he wanted to go home. Sometimes I wish they asked me though lolol