If You're a Teamster, WHY Would You Vote Republican?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It always amazes me how many Teamsters are Republicans. It is GOP 101 that unions are bad, and that they are administered and run by thugs and the Mafia. This is a basic tenet of their platform, although they hate public sector unions even more than private sector unions.

Trump hasn't really said anything about unions, but one has to assume that he is anti-union, because he is a Republican. That's basic logic, and for The Donald to come out as pro-union would be the death of his candidacy.

Compared to us over here at FedEx, you enjoy a real retirement plan, almost double our compensation, and a slew of worker protections (like Weingarten Rights) that we can only dream of.

Please explain how you can be a Teamster, and also be pro-Trump, which basically means voting against your own self interests.

upschuck

The really only time I fear is when the congress and the presidency are the same party, then crazy things generally get passed.

You like it more when the Republicans do it?
x1mSVYbMGac_qDGjdIkK_gNZ8tMY6m2uDF8FatjgCA8.jpg

Overpaid Union Thug

It always amazes me how many Teamsters are Republicans. It is GOP 101 that unions are bad, and that they are administered and run by thugs and the Mafia. This is a basic tenet of their platform, although they hate public sector unions even more than private sector unions.

Trump hasn't really said anything about unions, but one has to assume that he is anti-union, because he is a Republican. That's basic logic, and for The Donald to come out as pro-union would be the death of his candidacy.

Compared to us over here at FedEx, you enjoy a real retirement plan, almost double our compensation, and a slew of worker protections (like Weingarten Rights) that we can only dream of.

Please explain how you can be a Teamster, and also be pro-Trump, which basically means voting against your own self interests.
I'm first and foremost and AMERICAN. Being a Teamster plays no part in my political views. Being pro union should not dictate anyone's political views. To vote solely based on one's affiliation with a labor group or/and specific career field, or, for their own "self interests," is nothing more than pure selfishness. I vote for my country. Not my job. My job is nothing if my country is crumbling.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm first and foremost and AMERICAN. Being a Teamster plays no part in my political views. Being pro union should not dictate anyone's political views. To vote solely based on one's affiliation with a labor group or/and specific career field, or, for their own "self interests," is nothing more than pure selfishness. I vote for my country. Not my job. My job is nothing if my country is crumbling.

OK, so I guess you'd be OK with $15 per hour for package car and about $20 per hour for feeder. That's what typical non-union wages would be, with almost zero in the way of benefits.

As an AMERICAN, are you OK with a political party that advocates the end of unions, attacks teachers, and has done everything possible to preserve the wealth of the 1% at the expense of the shrinking middle class?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Just because I'm a teamster doesn't mean I'm an idiot.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
For the record I think all public sector unions should be disbanded.

Why? While you're at it, why not disband the private sector ones too. Some of the biggest spenders in history have been Republican administrations. Reagan and his waste of billions on useless military programs, and Bush with Daddy's war on Iraq, which is probably close to a trillion dollars by now, because we're still cleaning up the mess.

Why? While you're at it, why not disband the private sector ones too. Some of the biggest spenders in history have been Republican administrations. Reagan and his waste of billions on useless military programs, and Bush with Daddy's war on Iraq, which is probably close to a trillion dollars by now, because we're still cleaning up the mess.
Obama spent way more than Bush...he is destroying this country.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
OK, so I guess you'd be OK with $15 per hour for package car and about $20 per hour for feeder. That's what typical non-union wages would be, with almost zero in the way of benefits.

As an AMERICAN, are you OK with a political party that advocates the end of unions, attacks teachers, and has done everything possible to preserve the wealth of the 1% at the expense of the shrinking middle class?
Boring.
Neither party is involved with UPS/Teamster contract talks .
Your opinion that some how they are is meaningless.

The end of unions is being caused by the unions themselves , their constant demands have turned the public support away from their cause .

I'm part of the 1% , if you consider my personal wealth , property values and my 401K . So ya I'd like to keep what I have worked hard for .

Boring.
Neither party is involved with UPS/Teamster contract talks .
Your opinion that some how they are is meaningless.

The end of unions is being caused by the unions themselves , their constant demands have turned the public support away from their cause .

I'm part of the 1% , if you consider my personal wealth , property values and my 401K . So ya I'd like to keep what I have worked hard for .
Me too

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Obama spent way more than Bush...he is destroying this country.

Iran Spends $1.7 Billion in U.S. Taxpayer Funds to Boost Its Military
The Obama administration earlier this year paid Iran $1.7 billion from a U.S. taxpayer-funded account in order to settle decades-old legal disputes with the Islamic Republic.
Iranian officials have now disclosed that officials have ordered that this $1.7 billion be allocated to the Islamic Republic’s military forces.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

Why would you choose a non-union job at FedEx that you complain about endlessly over a union job at UPS?

Maybe you should have thought about that years ago, and then you wouldn't be in this position now.

You see MrFedex, some of us manage to think ahead.

About our jobs and our country.