If You're a Teamster, WHY Would You Vote Republican?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Boring.
Neither party is involved with UPS/Teamster contract talks .
Your opinion that some how they are is meaningless.

The end of unions is being caused by the unions themselves , their constant demands have turned the public support away from their cause .

I'm part of the 1% , if you consider my personal wealth , property values and my 401K . So ya I'd like to keep what I have worked hard for .

Uh...no. The GOP is vehemently anti-union. Yeah, sure on the 1% claim. You're not even close.

8000Shelf

It always amazes me how many Teamsters are Republicans. It is GOP 101 that unions are bad, and that they are administered and run by thugs and the Mafia. This is a basic tenet of their platform, although they hate public sector unions even more than private sector unions.

Trump hasn't really said anything about unions, but one has to assume that he is anti-union, because he is a Republican. That's basic logic, and for The Donald to come out as pro-union would be the death of his candidacy.

Compared to us over here at FedEx, you enjoy a real retirement plan, almost double our compensation, and a slew of worker protections (like Weingarten Rights) that we can only dream of.

Please explain how you can be a Teamster, and also be pro-Trump, which basically means voting against your own self interests.

It blows my mind how many UPS drivers I have to explain to that they wouldn't have smile* if it wasn't for the teamsters. Yet they will openly admit they hate democrats and unions. It's like they think they would be paid $35 an hour even without a them. LOL!!! Yeah my fellow republican hypocrites, if mgmt. had their way you'd be making $8.25/hr with no benefits.
It makes my blood boil.

8000Shelf

The GOP wants to demonize unions and at the same time ships the very jobs that are unionized overseas. Then points at the unions as if they are the cause of the companies problems. No, it's upper mgmts desire to squeeze every last cent of profit out of the workers.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why? While you're at it, why not disband the private sector ones too. Some of the biggest spenders in history have been Republican administrations. Reagan and his waste of billions on useless military programs, and Bush with Daddy's war on Iraq, which is probably close to a trillion dollars by now, because we're still cleaning up the mess.
If you can't figure out why public and private sector unions are different you're a lost cause.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It blows my mind how many UPS drivers I have to explain to that they wouldn't have smile* if it wasn't for the teamsters. Yet they will openly admit they hate democrats and unions. It's like they think they would be paid $35 an hour even without a them. LOL!!! Yeah my fellow republican hypocrites, if mgmt. had their way you'd be making $8.25/hr with no benefits.
It makes my blood boil.

There is a difference between public and private unions. Much of our disdain is with public unions.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The GOP wants to demonize unions and at the same time ships the very jobs that are unionized overseas. Then points at the unions as if they are the cause of the companies problems. No, it's upper mgmts desire to squeeze every last cent of profit out of the workers.
What do republican want? Right to work? Why shouldn't an employee have a right to choose?

FedEx could unionize if you all would grow a collective set and quit crying on the Internet about it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You don't understand what a 1%er is. I'm not even 35 and I'm damn close to the top 1%.

You're thinking of the top .01%

Are you retarded? What I said was that Baba was not aware of what a 1% is, and neither are you apparently. State your net worth (you are anonymous), and I guarantee you aren't even close.