"Ignore" lists

How interesting, the first log on in a little over a week, The first thread I see is this one at the top of the page. I guessed who it was about, but was wrong.

I'm not sure what the ignore list subject is about since I can't see the subject posters comments but I personally am finding it a useful tool.

this site is overrun by company hating teamsters that tend to be out of touch with how the rest of our ups workforce much less the normal world thinks. I'm really not interested in their perspective anymore then I would be interested in knowing how a serial killer thinks.

In my personal viewpoint I had a situation recently where a poster here tried to fabricate lies about statements I made. when I remained calm in response he then attacked my wife. I then expressed my objections to his comment only to watch many depraved posters missing their integrity try to defend that persons outrageous comments.
There was only an ATTACK in Tie's mind, there was sure no intent to say anything personal to Mrs. Tie. I really had no idea if Tie was married or not. I also apologized for what was conceived by Tie as an attack.
the sad thing is these outrageous transgressons against me and my wife were then supported by this sites management and the site was quickly closed to keep me from truly expressing my rightous indignation.

I'm thinking here Tie did not read the email I received from a mod on here that clearly was not one sided, nor biased.

so now knowing I am a tenous visitor on what amounts to a site run and controlled by negative teamsters I've decided to put those on ignore that have no value here. Members of the liars club have been so banished.
Well, from the mention of the "wife" comment and the above sentence, I am guessing that i am on Tie's ignore list.

a poster who constantly cries like a little girl here has been so banished.
I'm confused, did Tie banish himself from his on list?

a drunken canadian poster fired for drinking on the job who constantly attacks this country and this company has been banished.
Although I regularly ignore most of a certain canadian poster's entries, I have to say I have no one on an ignore list.
More will be added to the list.

I would rather converse with the posters here who have the character and integrity representative of the many fine upsers I have worked with over the years.

I find this thread and this post quite funny.

The original post...which I wrote....was about the stupidity of creating an "ignore" list and then bragging about it on one's signature line.

I never mentioned a name or referred to any particular forum member. It was never
personal and there was never any sort of attack directed at any particular individual.

A certain poster then made an assumption that I was referring to him...while at the same time continuing to insist that he was unable to read my posts in the first place.

I find both the assumption and the insistence to be...rather amusing.

Do you mean "stupidity,in your opinion" ? Maybe bragging about it is one way to give the knife an extra little twist for the fun of it. And couldn`t people reacting to it be construed as it`s own form of "stupidity"?

I have two folks on my ignore list,mainly because of disdain for the hatred in their posts. One is fond of UPS hosiery,the other has bladder control issues. There`s days I think of putting our neighbor to the north on the list to ignore his posts but I fear the resulting void would create a black hole sucking the surrounding universe into it.

tieguy

Banned
This ain`t the thread to start this argument but you`d be surprised at what most of us dealt with on a daily basis to make it to the feeder dept and still do now that we`re there. Hub and Package doesn`t have the lock on grief so don`t make it out like you do.

brownrods post is just another example of why I'm using the list. Theres a poster I have not had any interaction with but a common cause gets him to join in and fire his shot.
I see trp has joined in the fray though I can't read his post. Theres another guy fresh off his cruise but could not wait to join in. guess he had a miserable time on the cruise.
I have a lot of friends here that I enjoy interacting with.
The rest do not represent the work ethic and committment of ups and I really don't want to interact with them any longer. no offense intended. I'm tired of reading your constant whining , bashing, lying depressing posts.
I guess I should thank soberups for giving me the venue to tell you folks how miserable you all really sound.

over9five

Staff member
The rest do not represent the work ethic and committment of ups and I really don't want to interact with them any longer. no offense intended. I'm tired of reading your constant whining , bashing, lying depressing posts.

And that's why they make ignore lists. Nothing wrong with using it!

tieguy

Banned
brownrods post is just another example of why I'm using the list. Theres a poster I have not had any interaction with but a common cause gets him to join in and fire his shot.
I see trp has joined in the fray though I can't read his post. Theres another guy fresh off his cruise but could not wait to join in. guess he had a miserable time on the cruise.
I have a lot of friends here that I enjoy interacting with.
I guess I should thank soberups for giving me the venue to tell you folks how miserable you all really sound.

i think one of the turning points for me was not only the neigbor to the north posting here but the fact that so many have come to his defense in one form or another. That person has single handidly ruined this site.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
i think one of the turning points for me was not only the neigbor to the north posting here but the fact that so many have come to his defense in one form or another. That person has single handidly ruined this site.

I simply cannot comprehend how a site can be "ruined" merely by words that one member types on a screen.

As an adult, I have the power to choose whether or not to read input from a particular member.

As an adult, I have the power to choose whether or not to respond to input from a particluar member.

And, as an adult, I have the power to choose whether or not to allow the typed words that I read from a particular member to affect my own emotional well-being.

I guess I should feel sorry for someone who lacks the ability to make those choices and must instead allow themselves to become mentally neutered by the settings on their computer in order to avoid being upset or offended.

That being said, I do feel regret for the fact that, for whatever reason, Tieguy felt the need to put me on his list. I seldom agreed with him, but I always respected his intelligence and ability to debate an issue. I was never in any way verbally abusive to him or any member of his family. Brown Cafe will be just a little bit less enjoyable for me as a result. And if he gains some small measure of grim satisfaction from that fact, then he probably needs it worse than I do.

rod

Retired 22 years
You are being attacked here for publicizing that which you should have kept to yourself. I made the same mistake when I posted my ignore list during my issue with Unabletomoveon. In hind sight it would have better to have simply added his name to my ignore list and moved on, which I have done. Yes, I can still read his posts, if I choose, by clicking on view post, but I choose not to. The only glitch is that any time someone quotes Unable the quoted post will be displayed.

You read everyone of my posts but just won't admit it.:happy2: I honestly wish you would ignore me totally- that way I could peacefully continue posting my opinions and irrelevant youtube posts without some idiot like you telling me I don't belong here. Go start your own website called "The Know it all Cafe." I promise I won't become a member. Mean while I will still read your posts because I get a laugh out most of the bull you come up with. I just picture nobody at you center knowing what you really look like because you always have your lips stuck to the butt of some supervisor or center manager.

Hey- this is fun. We have all kinds of wars going on here.

Re-Raise

The way I see it , it is kind of like when you have a party.

For me it is no fun if everyone is normal and behaves the same way. You have to have a few people who are out there a little bit to live things up.

You need a few people who get a little too drunk, or talk a little too loud, or wear their skirts a little too short.

My wife doesn't want me to be that person, maybe the skirt thing, but it does make the party more fun.

this threais a great example of why the ignore option is needed. Brownrod jumped into with his comment even though he had no dog in this hunt. the sad thing is that moderators can not be put on ignore. Hoaxster is the worst moderator I've ever seen here and again here he jumps into the thread to make his smart assed comment. As a moderator he should be leading by example but continues to get away with this type of behavior.

there are a lot of good upsers here who represent many of the types of people its been my pleasure to work with. The ignore list allows me to filter out the rest.

Bull $**t hoaxter is my favorite M O D he has been really cool to me and he's in management so he counts as one of you guys that I like.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Perhaps publishing an "Ignore List" is an attempt to establish a sense of power over those on the list?
Like a Boy Scoutmaster having a demerit list. Only by doing what the Scoutmaster says can you get off the list.
Karen Horney wrote about Ten Neurotic Needs. Here's a few that come to mind regarding this subject:

4. The Neurotic Need for Power
Individuals with this need seek power for its own sake. They usually praise strength, despise weakness, and will exploit or dominate other people. These people fear personal limitations, helplessness, and uncontrollable situations.
5. The Neurotic Need to Exploit Others
These individuals view others in terms of what can be gained through association with them. People with this need generally pride themselves in their ability to exploit other people and are often focused on manipulating others to obtain desired objectives, including such things as ideas, power, money, or sex.
6. The Neurotic Need for Prestige
Individuals with a need for prestige value themselves in terms of public recognition and acclaim. Material possessions, personality characteristics, professional accomplishments, and loved ones are evaluated based upon prestige value. These individuals often fear public embarrassment and loss of social status.
7. The Neurotic Need for Personal Admiration
Individuals with a neurotic need for personal admiration are narcissistic and have an exaggerated self-perception. They want to be admired based on this imagined self-view, not upon how they really are. 8. The Neurotic Need for Personal Achievement
According to Horney, people push themselves to achieve greater and greater things as a result of basic insecurity. These individuals fear failure and feel a constant need to accomplish more than other people and to top even their own earlier successes.

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
This thread is coming close to being closed, as will any in the future. Find somewhere else to fight. This site is not for this, and it is not going to be trashed because of it. If there is something you do not like, talk to the administrator. If it is another person, dont read the posts. too much precious time and energy is being wasted on this drivel. IMHO

tieguy

Banned
Perhaps publishing an "Ignore List" is an attempt to establish a sense of power over those on the list?
Like a Boy Scoutmaster having a demerit list. Only by doing what the Scoutmaster says can you get off the list.
Karen Horney wrote about Ten Neurotic Needs. Here's a few that come to mind regarding this subject:

4. The Neurotic Need for Power
Individuals with this need seek power for its own sake. They usually praise strength, despise weakness, and will exploit or dominate other people. These people fear personal limitations, helplessness, and uncontrollable situations.
5. The Neurotic Need to Exploit Others
These individuals view others in terms of what can be gained through association with them. People with this need generally pride themselves in their ability to exploit other people and are often focused on manipulating others to obtain desired objectives, including such things as ideas, power, money, or sex.
6. The Neurotic Need for Prestige
Individuals with a need for prestige value themselves in terms of public recognition and acclaim. Material possessions, personality characteristics, professional accomplishments, and loved ones are evaluated based upon prestige value. These individuals often fear public embarrassment and loss of social status.
7. The Neurotic Need for Personal Admiration
Individuals with a neurotic need for personal admiration are narcissistic and have an exaggerated self-perception. They want to be admired based on this imagined self-view, not upon how they really are. 8. The Neurotic Need for Personal Achievement
According to Horney, people push themselves to achieve greater and greater things as a result of basic insecurity. These individuals fear failure and feel a constant need to accomplish more than other people and to top even their own earlier successes.

I guess I should be flattered that you would think I'm that calculating and creative. I'm afraid the answer is much simpler. If you pose a question to me and I don't answer it there may be a chance that I have you on ignore.

I am again amazed that this subject has gotten so much attention.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Tie,
By pouring more fuel on the fire, the entertainment value increases.
I think this whole thing is rather funny.

tieguy

Banned
I suppose thats good. I'm afraid I have so many of the posters here on ignore that I'm missing the entertainment and the fight that tooner refers to.

I like it better that way.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Tie,
By pouring more fuel on the fire, the entertainment value increases.
I think this whole thing is rather funny.
I'm surprised to see you publicly disagree with a mgmt person. As far as ingnoring, I won't do it, even if it is drivel and noise. I use the scroll on my mouse cleverly.

P

pickup

I suppose thats good. I'm afraid I have so many of the posters here on ignore that I'm missing the entertainment and the fight that tooner refers to.

you must be very happy because I heard IGNORance is bliss!:happy-very:

P

pickup

I can't read what tooner says, I put her on my "ignore list" a while back. Oregeno can cure anything , indeed! Crazy Crazy be that woman.