Ignored while trying to get sig.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I've always felt that the moment someone starts a personal attack that has nothing to do with the subject at hand, I've already won & nothing more needs to be said.
I'm guessing that worked real well with your ex.

And yes Helen, this is bbag's latest incarnation.

ups1990

Sence of urgency? damn you sound just like a supervisor. People do not have to stop what they are doing just so you can run off a few more stops. You have to deal with these people everyday, try to be understanding. One poster said that the customer was on the phone and it wasnt work related, lol lol. Piss the customer off and he will have your ass waiting everyday, not just when he is busy. Most UPSers come off rude when they are in a rush, just ask your oms about the concerns.
During past ride alongs, the on road sups, have told me many times, if the person at the front is busy, try a different one.

In my original post, I said, if the customer is on the phone, waiting a few seconds is no big deal. Now the prolong wait that's where the problem lies.

Every driver has to use there own judgement on this matter. We are paid to work safe and with some urgency. If you have one or two late NDA and use the excuse as having to wait for a couple of signatures, expect some heat.

Ups has made it very clear on the matter of caring for it's customer. The continued problems with PAS and cutting of routes, which affect many customers.

804, I'm not saying you are wrong, but the telephone yaker is probably going to off work and headed home by 5:00 or 5:30, I won't be even close to being done 3 hours later. So yeah, there is a sense of urgency. Then when they top off my wait with that stupid question? arrrrgggg, what the heck do they think I am even in the place for?

some1else

i always give people a reasonable amount of time; unless they chronically hold me up for no reason.

i did have a "talk with" about this. i had payroll for a LARGE company on a friday that had always been 30+seconds to wait. no pre-planning but after 2 minutes waiting i did sheet it NR1 and got back to the building by the time the concern came in... there are about 500checks in that package.

this is the same deal with DR-BAGS etc. i try to be reasonable and use judgment but if i get disciplined for my judgment i will stop exercising it (i.e baggin EVERY box, and waiting indefinently for sigs)

Big Babooba

Took care of that for ya, Cove!!!

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
Turn & Burn till they learn!!! (Phrase used with permission of Covemaster. "Turn & Burn till they learn" is the intellectual property of Covemaster. Copyrighted, all rights reserved. Not to be used without the express written permission of Covemaster c/o Covemaster Enterprises, Boston, Massachusetts)

I'd like to enter into a licensing agreement with Covemaster to use his catchy phrase. I am marketing a line of baked bean products. I think that his superior intellect has come up with the advertising slogan that I have been looking for. Please contact me at Big Babooba's Butt Blastin' Baked Bean Bakery, West of Worcester, Massachusetts.

fethrs

Big, can you send me a case of some of those Butt Blastin' Baked Beans, I'll share them with other upsers at work.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
i've been told by an on road that if the person at the front desk is busy then it is perfectly acceptable to tap on the diad with the stylus and look at your watch to get them to hurry up.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
customers have to be trained ,, if you deal with a jerk receptionist leave a note and run,, i promise the last thing that they want is there boss asking why the pkg says not in one when they are there,,im guessing alot here dont deal with people daily,, its a easy fix really

tourists24

I dont mind waiting for a customer to sign. But there comes a point to where it is time to move on. I have found the best way to get someones attention really quick is to pick the package up and say "I'll just bring it back tomorrow." You get the signature amazingly quick.

some1else

customers have to be trained ,, if you deal with a jerk receptionist leave a note and run,, i promise the last thing that they want is there boss asking why the pkg says not in one when they are there,,im guessing alot here dont deal with people daily,, its a easy fix really

i think you want not ready, not not not not not in :)

when they call and complain and say they where there and your sheeted notin it will be harder to explain "well they were there they just NOT READY"

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
i think you want not ready, not not not not not in :)

when they call and complain and say they where there and your sheeted notin it will be harder to explain "well they were there they just NOT READY"
agreed--------- but when the cust. sees you filling out the delivery notice it usually gets a response

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
What ever happened to good 'ol fashioned driver release? MCMan, MCWoman, FrontDoor......just pick one and get back in the truck. I barely have time for my own shenanigans, tomfoolery and malarky over the course of the day, let alone someone else's.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What ever happened to good 'ol fashioned driver release? MCMan, MCWoman, FrontDoor......just pick one and get back in the truck. I barely have time for my own shenanigans, tomfoolery and malarky over the course of the day, let alone someone else's.

Yeah, go ahead and DR MC Woman payroll for a large corporation and then let us know how that works out for you.