Illegal Feeder subcontracting prior to Peak

hypocrisy

Banned
We have received reports of illegal subcontracting of Feeder work prior to Peak. Watch for "temporary car" decals on Werner, New Covenant, Swift and other known subcontracting sources in your area and report any movement to your Local.

cosmictrucker

counting the months
We have received reports of illegal subcontracting of Feeder work prior to Peak. Watch for "temporary car" decals on Werner, New Covenant, Swift and other known subcontracting sources in your area and report any movement to your Local.
I saw a Werner yesterday afternoon at my Hub, which was out of the norm for our usual Zone Skip loads. He had no "temporary car" decals that I could see. (i also snapped a quick cell phone photo of the rig)

Palone44

hahahah yeah call your local, they will handle it..

We have called our Local....Had a heated meeting about this issue with lot's of yelling and short tempers in the room..They said we will get back to you...Three weeks Later still No Word from the Union....It is Werner that you guy's will start to see In cchil Atlga Denco and I think the Last is La Ca....This for Scholastic books...Up till Start Aug of this year This was all done By Ups Feeder Driver. That has caused Us to Loose 5 Full-time Bid Route's..Plus our Center lost 20.000 pieces so it is real hard to count how many part time workers have been affected by this Subcontracting...This is Just the start If The Company can get away with Giving away a Huge Pick up account Like this here and there is nothing dong by the Union It will Spread across The Country too Many Other LARGE Pick Up Accounts...When I say Huge This account Pay's Ups about 80 Million a Year.......So Please Keep your Eyes Open For Werner coming to Your Hub's and Just Remember That Shinny Wheel Driver has Your Future on His Truck...What I'm trying to say is he is Taking Feeder drivers Work.......Please Help

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We have called our Local....Had a heated meeting about this issue with lot's of yelling and short tempers in the room..They said we will get back to you...Three weeks Later still No Word from the Union....It is Werner that you guy's will start to see In cchil Atlga Denco and I think the Last is La Ca....This for Scholastic books...Up till Start Aug of this year This was all done By Ups Feeder Driver. That has caused Us to Loose 5 Full-time Bid Route's..Plus our Center lost 20.000 pieces so it is real hard to count how many part time workers have been affected by this Subcontracting...This is Just the start If The Company can get away with Giving away a Huge Pick up account Like this here and there is nothing dong by the Union It will Spread across The Country too Many Other LARGE Pick Up Accounts...When I say Huge This account Pay's Ups about 80 Million a Year.......So Please Keep your Eyes Open For Werner coming to Your Hub's and Just Remember That Shinny Wheel Driver has Your Future on His Truck...What I'm trying to say is he is Taking Feeder drivers Work.......Please Help

This sounds like a shipper consolidating their shipments into geographical based drop trailers. They are then contracting that haul from their origin drop at the UPS hub that distributes to the final centers close in.
This has been done for decades and is typically not (maybe never) initiated by UPS but by the shipper to save money for them. That's Logistics.

UPSSOCKS

I was kidding about calling your local. You would have a better chance calling Santa Claus for help. It's a shame how the union abandons it's members. If I were in your shoes I would be loyal to the company and let them know your concerns. Privately. Are you personally losing anything over this? If not who cares... No teamster would do anything to help you, so why try to help them.

parttimer

The start of the scholastic book sub-contracting was when UPS went in and said that they were going to raise rates. Scholastic book said no you are going to lower rates, and then UPS sent the logistics team in and they screwed us all. UPS says that they are zone dropping, but the bottom line is we are teaching our competitors how to do what we do best! My opinion is that they are doing everything that they can to get the UPS Logistic business off the ground at all cost.

UPSSOCKS

The start of the scholastic book sub-contracting was when UPS went in and said that they were going to raise rates. Scholastic book said no you are going to lower rates, and then UPS sent the logistics team in and they screwed us all. UPS says that they are zone dropping, but the bottom line is we are teaching our competitors how to do what we do best! My opinion is that they are doing everything that they can to get the UPS Logistic business off the ground at all cost.

IT DOESN'T MATTER. We will tell you how to move them, and you... Just move them...

hypocrisy

Banned
New info: These are loads being "topped off" or fully loaded at UPS facilities, not the typical drop ship BS that has been going on. Know which doors are typically used for loading or double as load/unload and physically verify it is being subcontracted then file File FILE!!!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

What is illegal about this? Sounds like zone based drop shipping to me and even if it is not, I am not aware of any laws that would make this illegal. :confused2:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What is illegal about this? Sounds like zone based drop shipping to me and even if it is not, I am not aware of any laws that would make this illegal. :confused2:

LOL ... don't even go there, it is like butting your head against a brick wall.
BC is full of locker-room lawyers that will fight to the death that breaking the Terms and Conditions of a contract is "breaking the law".

I'll try and dig up a couple of threads on this from the past.