• let them consume our resources!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

drewed

Shankman
this issue isnt that cut and dry.....
id say you can stay with stipulations
1. if youre not fluent in english, within 18 months you need to be able to pass a 9th grade english test
2.you cant be found guilty of ANY crimes
3. you need to find full time employment.
4. within 3 years you need to apply for citizenship
4a. you need to be sponsored by a citizen
5. you will have a (for lack of a better term) that you need to keep in contact with, and can help you along the way.

this is for all illegals/people seeking coming in

local804

I think another question should be do we build fences along our borders?
Will it still be the land of the free and the home of the brave?

this issue isnt that cut and dry.....
id say you can stay with stipulations
1. if youre not fluent in english, within 18 months you need to be able to pass a 9th grade english test
2.you cant be found guilty of ANY crimes
3. you need to find full time employment.
4. within 3 years you need to apply for citizenship
4a. you need to be sponsored by a citizen
5. you will have a (for lack of a better term) that you need to keep in contact with, and can help you along the way.

this is for all illegals/people seeking coming in
1. I think you'd be surprised how many born and bred American citizens can't pass a 9th grade English test today. Ever see the TV show, "Are you smarted than a 5th Grader ?"?
2.Agreed
3.Agreed
4.Agreed
4a.Agreed
5. Sorry, I can't decipher this one.
I would add:
6. An income tax ID should be established for each foreign person seeking to work here and SS should not be given to anyone that has not a legal citizen and has paid into the system as long as natural born citizens.

I don't think doing a roundup for deporting is a plausible solution, way too costly but I don't have an alternative plan.
There are many reasons to secure the boarders, the shear numbers of illegals here is just one of them.

A border fence is not the fix all it seems that it could be, but would dang sure slow them down. Cost is a factor also.

IMO, full and retroactive amnesty is out of the question. I don't believe that rewarding criminals is a good idea.

To the question of : Will this still be Will it still be the "land of the free and the home of the brave". Yes, the freedom of American citizens will still exist, although there are people that will argue that we are not free now. We still have the freedom to move aboout where we want, we can work anywhere we please, yadda yadda yadda. The "brave" are the American people that still have the back bone to stand up for what is right and make their stand for injustice. Fences have gates.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
People seem to have forgotten that during The Great Depression hundreds of thousands of wetbacks were shipped south. The American Railroad was built to deport them, not just to the border but all the way back to their remote villages. Thus freeing up jobs for Americans.
Why can't that be done now ?

People seem to have forgotten that during The Great Depression hundreds of thousands of wetbacks were shipped south. The American Railroad was built to deport them, not just to the border but all the way back to their remote villages. Thus freeing up jobs for Americans.
Why can't that be done now ?
That's a good question.

S

speeddemon

This is really simple people. If you are an ILLEGAL alien, you shouldnt be here. Get your :censored2: in line, with the rest of the law abiding applicants. Illegal aliens pay no taxes, they are making YOUR health care costs rise. Wake up and think for yourself.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
People seem to have forgotten that during The Great Depression hundreds of thousands of wetbacks were shipped south.

Wetbacks.... Very Nice..

Anyone here illegally should go. Period.

As a nationality, however, and in my limited scope / experience, I have never seen anyone work so hard for so little in my life. Much harder than any kid who would take the same job for the same wage.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Thus freeing up jobs for Americans.

I dont know of one American that would do what MExicans (generic for all those here that have made it through MExico) do, and for the money they do it for.

Never have seen a white man pick tomatos since I was a kid. Dont see them doing other work either.

d

moreluck

golden ticket member
Believe it Or Not !!!

What is bankrupting us.

You think the war in Iraq is costing us too much? Read this:

Boy, am I confused. I have been hammered with the propaganda that it is the Iraq war and the war on terror that is bankrupting us. I now find that to be RIDICULOUS.

I hope the following 14 reasons are forwarded over and over again until they are read so many times that the reader gets sick of reading them.
PART 3: You think the war in Iraq is costing us too much?

Read this:
I have been hammered with the propaganda that it is the Iraq war and the
war on terror that is bankrupting us. WRONG!!!

I hope the following 14 reasons are forwarded over and over again
until they are read so many times that the reader gets sick of reading
them.
I have included the URL's for verification of all the following facts.
1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens
each year by state governments.

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs
such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.

3. $25 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal
aliens.

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary
school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of
English!

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the
American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.

6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.

8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare &
social services by the American taxpayers.

9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused
by the illegal aliens.

10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate
that's two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In
particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in
the US.

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens
that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens
from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth,
heroin and marijuana, crossed into the U. S from the Southern border.

12. The National Policy Institute, 'estimated that the total
cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an
average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.'

13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances
back to their countries of origin.

14. 'The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million
Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States '

The total cost is a whopping $ 338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR.
Why are we THAT stupid?

Channahon

I just don't get it with Illegal Aliens, and how they get benefits in the US. One would think documentation needs to be provided to the US government, stating you are legally in this country.

To answer your question Moreluck, apparently we are that stupid.
The 338.3 billion spent, is half of what the government is giving the finacial institutions, that screwed the country on their investment portfolios and future and present retirement benefits through 401K's and pension plans.

And I know, it not just Hispanics, that are here illegally, there are many from other countries, who either got here illegally, or extended their visas.

I would just love to see a government agency be held accountable for their spending and budgets to ensure the taxpayers monies are well spent.

For years, we have heard about social security benefits being in a shortfall, although a working person never had the option of not paying into social security. So does one plan on that income when the time comes? For anyone under 45, I think not, but then I'm only 4 years away from applying myself, and am not planning on any additonal income from social security.

Sad when you think I have been contributing over 39 years, with some years to the max, while working at UPS.

Maybe, I don't get the big picture of the US government and their spending, although I think every US taxpayer should be sent a prospectus on how our money is being spent and what the future plans are by the US government to ensure our monies are not wasted.

As my husband always says, if we knew how much of our hard earned, taxpayer dollars were circling the toilet bowl, (flushed away to no benefit of taxpayers) we would probably use the toilet ourselves, if you know what I mean.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Moreluck,

Lists like these have devils in them on both sides of the aisle.

Lets take a look at number 5 and your positions.

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the
American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.

You and the other folks who support FAUX NEWS and its hosts look at anchor babies as an issue. However, a little secret they have is this:

They have a featured guest, she had been appearing on Bill O'rielly regularly last year as the right wing knowitall from frisco.

She bagged on many illegal alien issues over the months crying about all the money spent on them. She even did a huge piece on O'rielly about ANCHOR BABIES.

Her name??? MICHELE MALKIN. aka Michele Maglalang
malkin-foxnews.jpg

MICHELE MALKIN is herself, an ANCHOR BABY, born to phillipino parents who were here and OVER STAYED their visas to gain access to america by having their child here.

MICHELE was on welfare with her parents as a child and benefitted from all the goverment programs her parents could latch on to.

Now, she wants to be the "minority" voice for the right wing on issues like illegal aliens?

Better yet, you and the others support O'rielly and FAUX news, so, you must also support anchor babies. Whats good for one is good for all.

I give credit to O'reilly however, once she was exposed, he cut her from his program as a regular.

He knew his credibilty would be tainted on this issue if she stayed on.

Im with you, throw out the anchor babies and their parents, lets begin with MICHELE MALKIN and her illegal parents.

:halfdead:

chev

Nightcrawler
Im with you, throw out the anchor babies and their parents, lets begin with MICHELE MALKIN and her illegal parents.
I'm all for that. What's good for the goose should be good for the gander. Kick em all out.
Too many ticks getting fat off the US cow.

Overpaid Union Thug

Every illegal I know (plenty of them around here) pays taxes and every one of them that has kids had them for the same reasons anyone else would have them. To think that they all have kids strictly for benefits is naive. Especially considering that that having a child (not anchor baby) doesn't guarantee then anything. The kids aren't a guarantee that the parents won't be deported. I've mentioned these things each and every time someone starts a thread on this issue but apparently no one pays attention.

And no one ever mentions that millions of dollars is paid into social security every year by illegals. In theory this should be helping rejuvenate social security. Instead....the government is doing the same thing with that money that they've been doing with the rest of ours.......paying for the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.

No, I don't think Michelle Malkin or anyone else born from illegals should be deported. Why punish the kids for their parents mistakes? On that line of reasoning one could say that an abortion because a girl "forgot" to use birth control is justifiable.

I'm all for weeding out the bad apples and deporting them and letting the rest stay under a set of stipulations. I'm against the blanket amnesty (isn't really amnesty though if they are going to be required to pay large fees in order to stay) that has been proposed lately.

Channahon

Every illegal I know (plenty of them around here) pays taxes

What kind of taxes are you talking about?

The way I see it, is the only way they can pay taxes is to have a fake social security card, which I would think is a criminal issue.

I'm all for weeding out the bad apples and deporting them and letting the rest stay under a set of stipulations. I'm against the blanket amnesty (isn't really amnesty though if they are going to be required to pay large fees in order to stay) that has been proposed lately.

Anyone who wants to become a US citizen has to pay fees to the INS, along with proving they are in the country legally, and have no criminal convictions.

So if there ever is an amnesty program for the hard working illegals, they should have to pay for paperwork processing, background checks and interviews by INS personnel prior to being allowed to be in the country leagally.

Overpaid Union Thug

Anyone who wants to become a US citizen has to pay fees to the INS, along with proving they are in the country legally, and have no criminal convictions.

So if there ever is an amnesty program for the hard working illegals, they should have to pay for paperwork processing, background checks and interviews by INS personnel prior to being allowed to be in the country leagally.

Oh believe me I know all about the fees. PM me if you want to know how I know. The reason I brought it up is because I don't think the use of the word "amnesty" is appropriate because usually an amnesty is a pardon. Most pardons, if not all of them, don't involve the hefty fines and fees that will be involved in the programs that have been tossed around by congress.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Illegal immigrants to America are some of the hardest working people in our country. The problem is that their children and their children's children may not be. As the children of immigrants become "Americanized", doing the work of their illegal progenitors is seen as beneath them. But because these children are usually from poorer backrounds with inadequate education, they are limited to the same kinds of work that illegals do. So, they have to compete against new illegals who have a stronger work ethic when it comes to doing the menial tasks that these children of illegals have the skillset to do. But since these children are American citizens, they are entitled to all the welfare programs that Americans can avail themselves of.

The question is, do we need in this country more poor uneducated people who are more than willing to lean on the government for assistance? I think we have enough 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. generations of Americans who fit this bill.

My answer to all of this: seal the border, jail and fine those who employ illegals, and put an end all but the most necessary welfare programs. The jobs that Amercians are not willing to do they will do if they are not given a hand out.

chev

Nightcrawler
Alfredo Lopez-Cruz
One example of thousands that Illegals should be hunted and shipped out.
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/brief.cfm?id=32876

[SIZE=+1]Thousands of them are killing, raping, robbing and driving illegally in our country. Over 400,000 deportees continue walking around free in our country. The ones that commit crimes and are caught make up a full 29% of our prison populations. They cost American taxpayers nearly $1 billion annually to feed, house and care for them in our prisons. [/SIZE]
http://www.rense.com/general48/comp.htm
Article from 04' still relevant.

Last edited: