I'm 19 and have been with ups for 2 years

A

anonymous6

So I have been with ups for about two years now and I'm 19 years old I'm a local sort kid but I'm at the point where I don't know what's gonna benefit me more waiting about 3/4 more years to drive or go management at such a early age I'm not union at the moment either let me know what y'all think thanks

WTF? quit this job!!!!!!!!!!!!! travel the USA, bang a bunch of chicks, drink beer and lay on the beach. jeeezus Christmas....whats the matter with young people these days.

A

anonymous6

ive said this here before. I did not get this job till I was 40. been on a dozen trips cross-country. bicycle, Harley, bus, hitch-hiking , truck, etc. worked odd jobs. best one was at a strip joint in key west florida.

been all over world too. London, Bangkok, Tokyo, Malaysia, Lebanon, etc etc.

done almost everything a guy dreams about. so I have to work 25 years for this outfit. when done , I'm going back on the road. old ladies outnumber old guys 2 to 1 so im gonna be real busy.

so :censored2:n quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and enjoy life.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Dude, if you're 19 and your only future plans are with UPS, you are surely not a winner. Seriously, you should have grander aspirations that should include college, if you even seriously think of having a long term career in UPS management. I smell a lifer, pt sup, otherwise.

Do yourself a favor, join the union and put in your time as a pt hourly, WHILE seeking out other options for your life. Keep your seniority at UPS and give yourself the freedom to try and/or not succeed at your other options. Then, if your no. is called to drive before your other aspirations take fruit, you can make a more mature and honest decision for your future.

Many of us our proud and happy doing our jobs, but didn't have a 30 year career with UPS as the primary reason we started working here. This career is a wonderful safety net that should allow you, at 19, to see what lies on your horizon.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
WTF? quit this job!!!!!!!!!!!!! travel the USA, bang a bunch of chicks, drink beer and lay on the beach. jeeezus Christmas....whats the matter with young people these days.

You gotta think about the long run. I hope you don't have any kids to be giving anyone such foolish advice. What will he do next after he waste out his life traveling, etc? Go to college when he's 40? Become a driver when he's 40 when his body is near fragile?

I have to say, I now have faith in humanity/this site for seeing that noone liked or praised that silly nonsense of an advice you gave the kid.