I'm a former UPS employee but my rehire status is currently unavailable. Help?

S

SoarFree8

Your best bet is to try and get hired as a seasonal, and hope and pray that they keep you on after Christmas, apply at multiple centers and take whichever is the best offer, assuming they hire you as a seasonal, goodluck!

I called and asked if it's possible. They said it isnt. Thanks for trying though.

S

SoarFree8

I did not notice before she changed it. But I kinda suspected he was a she from her comment about being in an abusive relationship.

While not every case, the vast majority of abusive relationships are the man abusing the woman.

And if she ended up in the hospital, I can understand that calling her employer may be the last thing on her mind.

I would come clean with HR about what happened and ask for a second chance. If she was a good worker, and due to the circumstances, they may reconsider.

They could even spin it into a positive PR image.

"We are helping out a former employee who was abused by her boyfriend and we are helping her make a new life."

PR image? That would really make me feel humiliated. :/

Anthonysg0113

The main reason people that want a job back at UPS that either quit or lost it is the insurance. They go get another job somewhere and find out they have to pay $100 to $700 a month for it. Then they realize how good it was. The first thing I hear when I see someone I used to work with "Man, I do miss that insurance..."

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
PR image? That would really make me feel humiliated. :/

I was not suggesting to prance you around on a stage. Nobody would even have to know who you were.

UPS prides themselves on getting involved with, and helping, the local community.

UPS prides themselves on protecting and limiting their impact on the environment.

UPS prides themselves on offering tuition assistance for their employees to better themselves.

UPS prides themselves on offering a drug rehab program for their employees who may have strayed to the dark side.

This is the perfect opportunity for UPS to show that they pride themselves on helping employees who are victims of domestic violence.

Most of us know that this is really just a smokescreen. They just want the public to think that they are the good corporate citizen.

They really don't care. At least not anymore.

I would like to apologize to you on behalf of the employer that I work for, for kicking you to the curb and not offering any help for a victim of domestic violence, a huge problem in our country today.

There was a point in time that I was proud to say that I worked for UPS.

Not anymore.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Your best bet is to try and get hired as a seasonal, and hope and pray that they keep you on after Christmas, apply at multiple centers and take whichever is the best offer, assuming they hire you as a seasonal, goodluck!
It doesn't work that way. In the event the OP went on the website to apply for UPS again.....the system would realize that she's a previous employee upon completion of the application. You then need HR to approve of the application in order to continue the process of getting an interview.