Im a person not a machine

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't want to burst your bubble but even up to the last week I worked before I retired they were still making their snide little remarks about "production" to me. Just ignore them and work safe.

Brain Genocide

I have worked a couple places besides of here, and thay all have one thing in commen. There's always room for improvement, no matter how good/fast and effiocient you may be, they will always be there with the whip. Never once have I seen a paper-pusher show me how to be faster or better, only on paper can they prove it.

packageguy

i am grateful for my many years at UPS just let me do my job and leave me alone!!! Im tired of never being good enough!!! How do you feel?

You have to rememeber, They think they are UPS, sitting behind a desk, deep down inside they know without us the drivers servicing our customers, we are the faces they know us. I also say just do the job and the rest takes care of its self.... They are in supervisionbecause they can't dothe job....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They are in supervision because they can't do the job....

I was waiting for someone to post this as this is one of the more stupid ways in which many UPSers try to validate themselves. Do you seriously think that your center manager, PDS or on-car, given ample training, could not do your job? Do you think the reverse would be true---could you, given ample training, do their job? Don't kid yourselves---we are not curing cancer here---we are delivering packages---it took all of 3 days for my helper to become fully proficient on DIAD III and I bet with one week of on-car supervision and 30 days on a training route that he could qualify to be a driver. This is not rocket science.

packageguy

I was waiting for you to respond, Yes we are not curing cancer, I posted what many
of my supervisors have said in the past and present. Many people went to supervision for stock options thinking they would get rich.. Getting off the road. Many cannot do day in and day out. To be continued..........

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My on-car recently retired after 33 years of service, 15 of which were spent driving. He was a better than average driver---not a runner/gunner by any means but certainly not a milker. He would have no problem putting the browns back on and pulling a route. Our new on-car was a preload supervisor in Houston. It would take him much longer but given the time and training he also would have no problem pulling a route. Both our PDS and center manager are fully capable of delivering packages, albeit not at the production standards they ask us to achieve on a daily basis. With enough time and training both would be more than adequate drivers.

The on-car that recently retired went in to mgt in part to out his 3 children through college. He has achieved that goal and has walked his daughter down the aisle. He has conceded that if he had it to do all over again he would not have made the move but it did work out well from a financial point of view.

What we do here is pretty basic.

packageguy

I talk to my supervisors, asked why they jumped the fence for management, and again wanted off the road, and stock. All I can say is maybe your supervisors care more than mine sups, All 4 of our sups, rat each over out, They yell at each on the floor, It's sad I think there will be changes soon in our building...