I'm bout to bleed brown

Not left turns, it's supposed to be right turns but it rarely works out that way. My suggestion would be to get a map book of the area that you are in and look at it. learn the streets, as much as possible, before hand. It will help you in the long run. I had a great advantage when I started driving. 1-I worked residential trash pickup in my area, 2-I was a courier in my area and 3-I lived in the area for many years. We have 8 different zip codes in my area and I know every one of them very well. Took me some time to learn them, but there isn't a street that I can't give you directions too.

Or at least the corners :funny: j/k

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
I was on my way to a doctor appointment in Newport Beach going up the 73 Toll Rd. It was about 9:05 or 9:10 AM........and it was neat to see all the different size brown trucks going north & south, like a brown parade on their way to their areas.

It would even be kewler if it was seen at 8:00A.M. LoL.

P

pickup

If you already drive a stick, you are ahead in the game. Shifting a package car is the same thing.

I can't tell you what the road test is like now cuz mine was more than 20 years ago. Back then, the tester parked the PC facing up a big hill. "Roll back an inch and you're done!"

Good luck!

Yep you're ahead of the game. Like others have said, the pattern of the piece of garbage you will be road tested in(because all the good trucks will be in use that day) might be different from what you're accustomed to. Hopefully, there is some diagram of the pattern on the dashboard, either in magic marker or on the diagram that came with the truck(which won't be there , because it either fell off or deteriorated like every thing else on that truck in its long lifetime). Hopefully, your the supervisor road testing you will bring you to the truck and then need to go take care of something which will give you an opportunity to figure out the pattern. You don't need the key to do that .

Also be prepared for constant correction during the road test, the supe will act as if you should know all the methods that every veteran will know. So when you exit the vehicle without three point contact for example, be prepared for a "What's that?" "What's what?" you will reply. "No three point contact" . "HUH???" Then this will be explained to you as if you should have known it and executed it. Thank him for the correction and also smile gratefully after he points out all the things you did wrong but says you just passed, barely.

You are not just being road tested, you are being tested to see if you can and are willing to put up with the gruff that comes from management