I'M GOING TO FEEDERS

robot

Has A Large Member
Haha speaking of larger uniforms. Our center placed out extra pants that I guess were over ordered. They were all 42+ waist sizes...

And at the end of the first day half of the stuff was gone

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No fishing time now...

P

pickup

She never drove feeders for ups. Take her"advice " as generic and as someone who has just repeats what she has read about ups on here.

She was most likely a contract driver.

Her advice was actually pretty good. We have another thread here called "Ask a feeder driver" that has a lot of good info and it is a pretty current long on going thread that currently shows up on the first page of this forum.

P

pickup

Hey everyone. ...I'm new to this site.....my center manager told me yesterday I was going to feeders in 2 weeks.....I've got 16 years on package car....and can't wait to make the switch.....New Jersey area.....question is.....what should I expect on my first day?....or first few weeks for that matter?........any honest answers would be greatly appreciated

You're going to sweat when you back up trailers, trailers of different sizes, trailers where the tandems (rear wheels) are at different lengths from the back(containers/chassis) and hence the handling and behavior will be different.

At this stage of your game, if you are not sweating you're not learning, that nervousness should decrease over time but never let it totally go away, that is when you'll get screwed.

P

pickup

Her advice was actually pretty good. We have another thread here called "Ask a feeder driver" that has a lot of good info and it is a pretty current long on going thread that currently shows up on the first page of this forum.

And kudos to 104feeder for starting that thread, it helps all feeder drivers, new and old.

Darth Vapor 666

I am hatred, darkness, and despair
You're going to sweat when you back up trailers, trailers of different sizes, trailers where the tandems (rear wheels) are at different lengths from the back(containers/chassis) and hence the handling and behavior will be different.

At this stage of your game, if you are not sweating you're not learning, that nervousness should decrease over time but never let it totally go away, that is when you'll get screwed.
Cool....thx for the insight

Orion inc.

I like turtles
She's not a ups employee. Been proven. Her "advice" is cookie cutter and poached from others while reading this forum.

She's a fake.

Luke Thighrocker

Moving to feeders (or vice versa) should not be considered a promotion but rather a lateral move.

Depends on your perspective. The hourly rate is the same unless you could bid a run that pays mileage.

We have one in my hub and as I understand, the cover drivers love it as, it's much more lucrative with the added bonus of working Mon-Fri during daylight hours.

You also have to consider the fact that, feeders never has and never will demand the same amount of physical exertion that package does/will. (August 1st draws nigh and we both know Atlanta will want more for their $.40)

Maybe not a promotion but definitely less work for the same pay.

rama'nfeeders

I don't think one list will happen, but if it some how did it will be redlined. So it would apply to the new hires say August 1, 2018. I know a lot of people who are dead set against it. The unfortunate thing is that people who want to change the seniority classification is only on board for there selfish reasons, but with the drivers who have maybe between 8 and say 18 years think it will help them, unfortunately they dont realize that's there are so many people who are full time who can and will jump ahead of them when they change classifications if it was changed. The 3 guys who are leading the charge are outright lying to the package and part timers to get them on board! Mean while we should be focussing on our contract that's coming up in 2 years trying for more $$$ for our healthcare, pay and pensions instead of seniority change for a few people who came into feeders later on in there careers and now are upset because drivers that are hired off the street are ahead of them in feeders. A lot of drivers who came into feeders years ago than when back to package immediately because they couldn't handle the job. After several years of working hard and probably a few injuries want to come back into Feeders and jump ahead of everyone.........I don't think so gentlemen........ Good luck because I will make sure it doesn't see the light of day.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I don't think one list will happen, but if it some how did it will be redlined. So it would apply to the new hires say August 1, 2018. I know a lot of people who are dead set against it. The unfortunate thing is that people who want to change the seniority classification is only on board for there selfish reasons, but with the drivers who have maybe between 8 and say 18 years think it will help them, unfortunately they dont realize that's there are so many people who are full time who can and will jump ahead of them when they change classifications if it was changed. The 3 guys who are leading the charge are outright lying to the package and part timers to get them on board! Mean while we should be focussing on our contract that's coming up in 2 years trying for more $$$ for our healthcare, pay and pensions instead of seniority change for a few people who came into feeders later on in there careers and now are upset because drivers that are hired off the street are ahead of them in feeders. A lot of drivers who came into feeders years ago than when back to package immediately because they couldn't handle the job. After several years of working hard and probably a few injuries want to come back into Feeders and jump ahead of everyone.........I don't think so gentlemen........ Good luck because I will make sure it doesn't see the light of day.
This might be the longest sentence in the history of the world........