I'M GOING TO FEEDERS

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Hardly a lard ass he can friend off...posting drunk again???
image.jpg

P

pickup

You get 8 hours for feeder in your area??

We can get it in my feeders dept, it's pretty informal. We tell them keep me local on Thursday as I have a doctors appt and I need to get out after eight. Volume generally winds down as the work week progresses so Wednesday and Thursdays are a good day to do this sort of thing. Friday's volume is down but too many call outs to put in such a request without resistance.

We can even get out early if need be and it is a light day.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hey everyone. ...I'm new to this site.....my center manager told me yesterday I was going to feeders in 2 weeks.....I've got 16 years on package car....and can't wait to make the switch.....New Jersey area.....question is.....what should I expect on my first day?....or first few weeks for that matter?........any honest answers would be greatly appreciated

Darth Vapor.jpg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm not going for a 40 Year Circle of Honor patch, I might go for a 30. I never had the desire to go into Feeder, I could have done it 25 years ago.

I don't think one list will happen, but if it some how did it will be redlined. So it would apply to the new hires say August 1, 2018. """"" It's going to happen and a red line is out of the question""""" I know a lot of people who are dead set against it. """"" I know a lot more that are not""""" The unfortunate thing is that people who want to change the seniority classification is only on board for there selfish reasons, """"" No, it's the right thing to do""""" but with the drivers who have maybe between 8 and say 18 years think it will help them, """"" It will """"" unfortunately they dont realize that's there are so many people who are full time who can and will jump ahead of them when they change classifications if it was changed. """"" Not as much as you think.. It will the same as before when coming in going out""""" The 3 guys who are leading the charge """""Are Awesome """"" outright lying to the package and part timers to get them on board! Mean while we should be focussing on our contract that's coming up in 2 years trying for more $$$ for our healthcare, we still are.. pay and pensions instead of seniority change for a few """"" lots of people """"" who came into feeders later on in there careers and now are upset because drivers that are hired off the street are ahead of them in feeders. """"" That's right because it's wrong """"" A lot of drivers who came into feeders years ago than when back to package immediately because they couldn't handle the job. After several years of working hard and probably a few injuries want to come back into Feeders and jump ahead of everyone.........I don't think so gentlemen........ """"" I think so........."""""" Good luck because I will make sure it doesn't see the light of day. """"" It's going to see a lot of vitamin D.........."""""

Last edited:

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
It will definitely put you in a higher tax bracket. lol. I still stay in touch with a guy I worked with for over 35 years. He is a team driver and made over 140k last year.

barnyard

KTM rider
It will definitely put you in a higher tax bracket. lol. I still stay in touch with a guy I worked with for over 35 years. He is a team driver and made over 140k last year.

That is a really good point. If a driver is used to a 48 hour paycheck and bids a run that is a 55-60 hour paycheck, plan for that. Increase savings or start making double house payments. Do not take out loans basing the payments on a 55-60 hour week. I have seen that bite a driver big time.