I'm guessing the keys were in it,lol.

HomeDelivery

At least once a week, a random sample of trucks get checked for compliance. Tread checks, fluid leaks(SM goes bonkers when trucks are leaking oil on our floor), windshield damage, etc; and have the BC/AO operate the lights/horn. As for annual safety/emissions inspections, that one depends on your state laws(my state requires both annually).

that's at the management's level...

really should be done daily by the operator of that vehicle (heard of pre-trip inspection?) I do a more complete pre-trip since i'm still getting assigned a different vehicle daily until the end of the month (where the contractor will give me the same vehicle for the whole summer). everything from making sure the registration/insurance card is in the vehicle, to kickin' the tires & checking tread depth

post-trip is usually swept aside quickly because we want to get off the clock as early as possible ~ not paid by the hour

we don't really report any defects on the scanner during post-trip; we tell the contractors directly 1st so they can try to remedy the problem by the next day

or they'll have to source out a rental by the AM sort...

STFXG

we don't really report any defects on the scanner during post-trip; we tell the contractors directly 1st so they can try to remedy the problem by the next day
You should stop doing that. We've had 3 drivers disqualified from driving at my building for doing exactly that. You are falsifying a dot document. Not a smart move. Make the contractor deal with it.

Sent using BrownCafe App