I'm not a UPS emplyee but I need some help

helenofcalifornia

You are sure the package didn't come from Yemen? jk Drewed is right, we ship millions of packages a day and some do get delayed for reasons unknown to us. Pretty smart of you to post your question here and get some solid reasons as to why it wasn't delivered. Yeah, I am curious too as to why your package was delayed.

klein

Für Meno :)
You are sure the package didn't come from Yemen? jk Drewed is right, we ship millions of packages a day and some do get delayed for reasons unknown to us. Pretty smart of you to post your question here and get some solid reasons as to why it wasn't delivered. Yeah, I am curious too as to why your package was delayed.

I think the destination (new jersey) says it all.
They had that wicked winter storm (all over the news). Including all 3 airports closed in NY City, and New Jersey wasn't better off.

imo, they just enterd the wrong code - should have been emergency conditions.

rocktrnsd

Yes we did have a big blizzard but Fedex still delivered my live plants for my fish tank the day after the storm with no problem.
Now I'm just waiting for my Gravel.

p228

The two 'Future Delivery' events at nine and eleven pm were likely just scans into the retain feeder. That is just a truck that holds the local packages for delivery the next business day. The systems probably threw those messages out automatically as a result of it seeing the security delay.

Taco

G6: Pkg delay-add'l security check by gov't or other agency- beyond UPS control
C5: The package is delayed due to emergency conditions beyond UPS' control

Hard to believe you could be off on both characters, but I suppose it's possible. My list is also a few years old.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Yes we did have a big blizzard but Fedex still delivered my live plants for my fish tank the day after the storm with no problem.
Now I'm just waiting for my Gravel.

Fedex may have already had your packages at thier facility at the time of the storms entry, therefore it was available for delivery once the roads were cleared (it took a few days IIRC).

However, your gravel may have been en route which is a bit different since it's possible that trailer, train or however it was shipped may have been delayed from another point.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If it's a ground or 3 day package, you'll likely recieve it today. It was delayed because of the storm and your package did not fly through the air, chances are it went on train or trailer and there were several days of delays because of that crippling snowstorm.

rocktrnsd

I got the package on Monday. It wasn't damaged the gravel bag was sealed closed. There was writing on the box. "ok for delivery" I guess it was from the government?
The box was wet though but not from my gravel.

menotyou

bella amicizia
The last info at the top of the page says that you want us to hold the package and deliver at a later date. Is this what you want? The tracking is showing that the package was out for delivery Wednesday, a request was made to do a future attempt, and then the package was out for delivery yesterday too. This suggests that it wasn't pulled off the delivery truck yesterday morning. UPS has air only deliveries today. Its interesting to see the security checks by the government, it looks like Homeland Security is clamping down on any air freight. I don't see this much.
I can make any package look like the gov't held it for a security check with the Exceptions scanner the clerks use. It has an option on it.