Im out.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I do find it odd though that this is a serious board (meaning most topics are not to joke about, but truly about someone's livelihood), yet your site manages to have exemplary moderation (without much moderation) if that makes sense. It is an impressive feat unto itself. The mods here should be complimented for brining this about.

First off, this site only needs a small amount of moderation because most of the posters take the responsibility for moderating themselves. That is why for most posters, they will attack the idea, not the person. There are a few exceptions, but only a few.

BM (before mods for those of you in the back woods) Cheryl was the only one that moderated this site, and a couple of trolls had made their way onto the site. People whos only focus was to cause turmoil on the site. Too bad too, because a couple of them had some really developed skills that could have been used for positive things instead of tearing things down.

But each one of us chooses our own path, and when we go down that path, be prepared for the crap that goes with the choices.

As for one of the problems that I understand led up to this blowout, the chat is an unmoderated forum, because it is "live". Therefor statements can and will be made that can not be deleted out, edited, or in any other way changed. I have heard (second hand but from at least 5 different people) that there is/has been statements made of a sexual nature that would have gotten the person fired if the statement had been made on the job to another employee.

Each one of the persons, most of them female, have asked if there was anything they could do about the statements, harrassment or whatever you want to call what went on.

I am not a mod, so I directed them to contact those that were, as that type of behavior is not only childish, but unacceptable on this site.

The reaction of the few on this thread remind me of an old saying, thou protesteth your inocence too much.

By the postings on this subject, I would say there is enough guilt to go around.

My suggestion is to stop the BS, quit with the chat being reduced to trash talk, and if the chat offends, dont go there. Or use the private chat on the site. That way, you choose who you want to chat to, not everyone else.

As for the unmoderate moderator, all he is doing is calling your hand. You said you were leaving. Do one of two things, leave and shut the door behind you, or stay and shut the heck up about you leaving. But standing in the doorway yelling "I am leaving now" shows you for what you really are.

Drewed, a poll? I think not, you have too much class. But then again, I admit, I have been wrong in the past.

House, some people try to get in the last word, like you did on the sticky. How funny and childish. I thought more of you than that.

d

I don't know about the chat function of this forum but I do know that in the old AOL chat rooms, AOL could read the chat long after it took place, they were accessible to the admins. So it would not be a giant stretch to think that the Admin here could do the same.

I was there for awhile and there were some things said that I was uncomfortable with and I am far from being a prude. I don't remember who said what, but the offenders know who they are and what they sad.

satellitedriver

My name isn't an acronym. dilligaf's is. Not to be pretentious, but I would never typecast myself with such a ridiculous/attitudinal screen name (or any moniker for that matter) online, or in real life.
Oh, I can make a acronym out of your SN. I would share it, but, I would have to moderate myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.