im scratching my head a bit

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
on a sidebar

bush won on the guise of being a conservative, when to the contrary he has grown the federal government to heights never before seen, the debt to al time record highs, educational reform that made our schools some of the worst in the world, and the list goes on and on.

so more of the same is not the answer.

but to vote change without a clear case for what the change will be is like going into a car dealership and getting a different car, just for change's sake. does not matter what car they decide you will have, it does not matter, you will have a different car. might be better, but most times its worse.

change for change's sake is foolish. and the foolish things coming out of this guys mouth are scary. mccain really doesnt have to do much, boma is pretty much self destructing with his spread your wealth around crap.

d

I've listened to Obama and McCain and come to the conclusion that the USA is screwed either way, it's just a matter of how bad is it gonna get. I agree that McCain's economic and health care plans don't sound real good. But Obama's sounds like a fairy tale. Don't forget the old adage, " IF it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.".
Add up some of the numbers Obama is putting out, they don't and can't add up. 95% of all Americans will get a tax break? The O plan will supply health insurance? The O plan will give tax breaks to small businesses that supply how many jobs, while those that that supply the majority of the jobs will be taxed heavier? The other programs that O is gonna pile $$ on? SPREAD THE WEALTH? Where is this $$ gonna come from?
Taxes are an operating expense for businesses, they come right off the profit margin reducing what is left to operate the business and pay the owner. Anyone with a brain knows that the increase in taxes will be passed right down the line to the consumer, you and me.
There are many other issues that I have concerning O, but this thread is about the economy, well and who is gonna help the working man.

newworker

Joe the plumber... has no license, has a lien on his house for unpaid taxes and is registered republican, whose father appears to be Robert Wurzelbacher right wing fanatic and contributor who is the son in law of..... you're not going to believe this. Charles Keating.

A real american dream! yea, right.

moreluck

golden ticket member
There's nothing special about Joe, but whether it's him or someone else, he presents a real scenario to prove B.O.'s intent to spread the wealth.....and penalize those who strive to do well and get ahead.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
and like the blind man you are, its not the plumber that is the issue here. it is the answer that was given. the shmuck could have been any one of 300 million people. dont care.

its the share your earnings with someone else that dont feel like working, or working as long or as hard as you do.

spread the wealth is the issue.

d

Mr.Brown

Republicans anti-union, demicrats pro- union teamsters back unions! We are part of the union that has protected our jobs and paid us to much! Why complain? Obama's plan provide tax cuts for the middle class. (us) this will help us save a little more of that hard earned money and spend! We deserve it I don't know any driver that makes more then $250,000. Stop crying!

outamyway

Republicans anti-union, demicrats pro- union teamsters back unions! We are part of the union that has protected our jobs and paid us to much! Why complain? Obama's plan provide tax cuts for the middle class. (us) this will help us save a little more of that hard earned money and spend! We deserve it I don't know any driver that makes more then $250,000. Stop crying!

Umm, the company as a whole makes a lot more than $250,000. Read my new thread above. It'll will get worse and they will pass their tax increases to all the customers and employees(or lack of employees)

under the radar

A Trained Professional

See previous post by me, Under The Radar. Mix in a spell check while your at it.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
mr brown

do you have a 401k? property?

then you need to be worried. very worried

when you look at the nations economy, you are not what is average. you dont take risks to make your life better, you just punch in, do your job and then go home. the union actually got you a small raise over the next 5 years.

what makes you think that they will do the same next contract? or are they going to sell you short like they did the part time workers?

glad you can blindly trust the teamsters.

We are part of the union that has protected our jobs and paid us to much!
i am sure you did not mean to post that you are getting paid too much. but i do find it interesting that you think the union is paying you as well.

so where does ups come into your dream world?

BTW, who is the middle class? hate to burst your bubble.

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
This goes for BOTH sides!!!!!!!!!

You like facts, STICK this on your bulletin board.

George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years.
The first six the economy was fine.
A little over one year ago:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%.
4) the DOW JONES hit a record high--14,000
5) America's were buying new cars,taking cruises, vacations overseas,
living large!...

But Americans wanted 'CHANGE'!
So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress and yes--we got 'CHANGE'
all right.
In the PAST YEAR:
1) Consumer confidence has plummeted ;
2) Gasoline is now over $4 a gallon & climbing!;
3) Unemployment is up to 5.5% (a10% increase);
4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION DOLLARS
and
prices still dropping;
5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.
6) as I write, THE DOW is probing another low~~

$2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM THEIR STOCKS, BONDS &
MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT PORTFOLIOS.
YES, IN 2006 AMERICA VOTED FOR CHANGE...AND WE SURE GOT IT! ....
REMEMBER THE PRESIDENT HAS NO CONTROL OVER ANY OF THESE ISSUES, ONLY
CONGRESS. AND WHAT HAS CONGRESS DONE IN THE LAST TWO YEARS, ABSOLUTELY
NOTHING.
Stop and think about that for a moment
NOW THE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT CLAIMS HE IS GOING TO REALLY
GIVE
US CHANGE ALONG WITH A DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS!!!!
JUST HOW MUCH MORE 'CHANGE' DO YOU THINK YOU CAN STAND?

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream

You must be one of those media fed type liberals. If you take the information you get from the media as gospel then you are exactly what the government wants you to be. Controlled. Take the information given to you as a whole and make your own conclusions. You're just a lemur that follows the rest of it's pack off a cliff with your union equals democrat talk. I love my union and I know that I get paid well, but that does not make me vote for Obama who's spread the wealth sounds good, but is murder on the job givers: business. And get this straight, your paid by UPS, not the union. If Obama raises taxes on UPS, then that will come straight down to the customers and then to the workers. You will never hear the democrats talk about that fact of life, cause spread the wealth is just bait for a vote. They will bait and switch in a hurry when Obama is voted in.

Overpaid Union Thug

living large!...

all right.
In the PAST YEAR:
and
prices still dropping;

NOTHING.
GIVE

This was probably one of the best postings I've seen in a long time. The sad and sobering thing about it though is that if every single American in the country were to see this most of them would probably just ignore it or just dismiss it as nonsense because CNN or ABC doesn't back it up.

stringerman85

living large!...

all right.
In the PAST YEAR:
and
prices still dropping;

NOTHING.
GIVE

How about all the soldiers who have died in the last 7 1/2 years? How about all the billions of dollars we have spent over seas? Are you sure gasoline was $2.19 in 2006? That seems a little unrealistic.....And plus when Bush came into office gas was nearly over a dollar..What happened in between those years? Gas is down to 2.79 in my area, and dropping...."America's were buying new cars,taking cruises, vacations overseas, living large!.." ..How was america living large? Purchasing homes that they couldn't afford? Getting outstanding loans from banks and not making the payments?...America wasn't buying that many new cars, My dad's auto assembly plant closed down the year he retired, as well as dozens and dozens of other ones...You made some really good points but you are starting to sound a bit biast. You made you're point long ago

Last edited:

stringerman85

This was probably one of the best postings I've seen in a long time. The sad and sobering thing about it though is that if every single American in the country were to see this most of them would probably just ignore it or just dismiss it as nonsense because CNN or ABC doesn't back it up.

It's the conspiracy theorist

diesel96

living large!...

all right.
In the PAST YEAR:
and
prices still dropping;

NOTHING.
GIVE

The U.S. economy is enormously complicated. Screwing it up takes a great deal of cooperation. Claiming that a single piece of legislation or a single sector of Gov't body was responsible for (or could have averted) the crisis is just political grandstanding. We have no advice to offer on how best to solve the financial crisis. But these sorts of partisan caricatures can only make the task more difficult.

i will say however, in the first seven and a half years of rule, this Republican party failed to respond to domestic troubles with any effectiveness whatsoever. This Republican party was dragged kicking and screaming to respond to Katrina and Rita. This Republican party ignored a growing financial crisis and claimed the basic economic fundamentals, fundamentals they unwittingly undermined, were sound. This Republican party that was so focused on eroding habeas corpus (the right to a fair trial) ignored a thousand pin-pricks and enabled the current economic tsunami rocking through the system.

Now that the election is close your actually are making noises that sound like they actually care about the shrinking middle class. They are crying big fat crocodile tears even as they are cobbling together the policies that will do far more to ruin the middle class, our economy, and our way of life.
BTW....If your business had a net income of $265,00, then your only taxed 3% higher than $250,000....so $15,000 x 3% = $450 extra for the year. If you feel that deserves 2 of your employees layed off than you resemble the folks on Wall Street.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
gents

please go back and read the first sentence please.

we have been screwed by both sides. a congress that spent months last year listening to drug issues with ball games, but yet can ramrod through a trillion dollar money deal without holding a hearing one to see who what when and where? give me a break.

maybe we can learn from the chinese as how to deal with gooberment officials that are dishonest. i believe we would have to elect just about every official over again.

d

BTW....If your business had a net income of $265,00, then your only taxed 3% higher than $250,000....so $15,000 x 3% = $450 extra for the year. If you feel that deserves 2 of your employees layed off than you resemble the folks on Wall Street.
You sure about that? I'm thinking you're gonna have to pay the extra 3% on the entire 265k. $7,950 extra best case that spends possible insurance benefits for two people.

But these sorts of partisan caricatures can only make the task more difficult.

i will say however, in the first seven and a half years of rule, this Republican party failed to respond to domestic troubles with any effectiveness whatsoever.
Typical "Yellow Dog" style, condemn your opponents for "partisan caricatures" and turn around and that very thing. Classy hypocritical move.