I'm sick and tired of you Drivers

Dragon

Package Center Manager
To me I always love sitting in the dm's office for hearing and watching guys just like you squirm. You get talked to like a little girl in front of me and my BA. The labor manager chimes in and berates you in front of us to it's Funny. We talk about it later and laugh. Then you are stuck in that office not doing bargaining unit work and the dm is always checking up on you and telling what a lazy sup
You are. It's a vicious circle.

Maybe that's how it works in your area but not here.

Labor Manager here doesn't talk to anyone here like that. He would get his head handed to him.

I don't have my supervisor's FT or PT doing bargaining unit work, I train them to get you to do the work.

Oh by the way, I am a manager...

DS

Fenderbender
I'm part-time sup, but I must say you drivers that are yelling at us about touching packages MAKES ME SICK! All were doing is trying to get you out on the road faster. I don't understand what the big deal is. I know if I was a driver I could give 2 hoots what boxes sups touch. I don't care if its in the contract or not you are just delaying your start time by not allowing us to help out. Stop being so ignorant and just worry about your deliveries instead of trying to sit around waiting for us to touch boxes. GET A LIFE!
read this
The company shall not “send any employee home and then have such employee’s work performed by a supervisor.” (Article 3, Section 7—National Contract)

The company must “maintain a sufficient workforce to staff its operations with bargaining unit employees.” (Article 3, Section 7—National Contract)

“Supervisors will not perform bargaining unit work until after all reasonable efforts have been exhausted to have the work covered” by Local 804 members. (Article 3, Section 7, Local 804 Supplement)

Dragon

Package Center Manager
read this
The company shall not “send any employee home and then have such employee’s work performed by a supervisor.” (Article 3, Section 7—National Contract)

The company must “maintain a sufficient workforce to staff its operations with bargaining unit employees.” (Article 3, Section 7—National Contract)

“Supervisors will not perform bargaining unit work until after all reasonable efforts have been exhausted to have the work covered” by Local 804 members. (Article 3, Section 7, Local 804 Supplement)

It also says this:

ARTICLE 37. MANAGEMENT EMPLOYEE
RELATIONS
Section 1.
(a) and employees shall perform
their duties in a manner that best represents the Employer’s

interest.

Last edited:
Maybe that's how it works in your area but not here.

Labor Manager here doesn't talk to anyone here like that. He would get his head handed to him.

I don't have my supervisor's FT or PT doing bargaining unit work, I train them to get you to do the work.

Oh by the way, I am a manager...
if you are a manager then you know what I said in my post is true. You can say that stuff don't fly in my area mumbo jumbo but its all the same. Your boss the district manager treats you like the red headed step child that was a BIG BIG BIG mistake. I have insider info on your area the Carolina area and you guys are always scared of Teamsters dropping big dimes on you.

DS

Fenderbender
It also says this:

RELATIONS
Section 1.

interest.
The problem is not your employees or you .Your superiors are trying to bring down costs and we are all suffering.

CRASH501

i'm part-time sup, but i must say you drivers that are yelling at us about touching packages makes me sick! All were doing is trying to get you out on the road faster. I don't understand what the big deal is. I know if i was a driver i could give 2 hoots what boxes sups touch. I don't care if its in the contract or not you are just delaying your start time by not allowing us to help out. Stop being so ignorant and just worry about your deliveries instead of trying to sit around waiting for us to touch boxes. Get a life!
really dude ? Do we dip into your paycheck ?

It also says this:

RELATIONS
Section 1.

interest.
You are correct, the contract does state that, " employees shall preform...yadda yadda yadda.." which means the 'manager" (you) are not representing the best interest of the company by getting "supervisor doing bargaining unit work" grievances paid. This not only cost the company extra money by having to pay the "fine" but the cost of grievance hearings. The only reason lower class mangers continue to use the tactic is the numbers never show on the daily report.
You and Edman need to have a UPS cool-aide summit. It will help you survive the season.

tourists24

Edman, now that all the blowhards have had there say. What did the pre-load manager or full time supervisor tell you to do once he started getting the grievances? Looks like everyone on this thread says there is to much volume, not enough preloaders, preloaders suck, there are never enough preloaders yada, yada, yada give it a break.

Ignore the drivers (the ones giving you a hard time) and keep wrapping up. If you want to see how great thier contract is, go read the thread on how many grievances they won at the National Panel.

Sorry gals and guys, someone has to stand up to you.
I have no problem with that response, esp since it comes from you. Easy solution there, we can keep filing and getting paid for the p/t sup doing the work. These grievances dont make to panel because they are paid. Free money, of course.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Edman, now that all the blowhards have had there say. What did the pre-load manager or full time supervisor tell you to do once he started getting the grievances? Looks like everyone on this thread says there is to much volume, not enough preloaders, preloaders suck, there are never enough preloaders yada, yada, yada give it a break.

Ignore the drivers (the ones giving you a hard time) and keep wrapping up. If you want to see how great thier contract is, go read the thread on how many grievances they won at the National Panel.

Sorry gals and guys, someone has to stand up to you.
'

It's "their" and apparently you didn't yet?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
if you are a manager then you know what I said in my post is true. You can say that stuff don't fly in my area mumbo jumbo but its all the same. Your boss the district manager treats you like the red headed step child that was a BIG BIG BIG mistake. I have insider info on your area the Carolina area and you guys are always scared of Teamsters dropping big dimes on you.

407, here the DM (he covers three states) does not get involved in local level drama. Does he have access to the report on Grievances paid? Absolutely

As far as being scared of the Teamsters for dropping dimes.....ya right. Many of the supervisor's working grievances are bargained away like so many poker chips at a Texas Hold'm game.

MobileBA

A contract is a legal obligation of both parties that have signed off on it. It's simple: the further progression of a package is bargaining unit work. Therefore UPS management that agreed and signed this contract have said that work is to be done by union employee's. Sorry, no excuses necessary its simple abide by the contract.

jacskin

:funny:I bet if u were a driver and a teamster u would care the problem is u sups do what ever u want and discard the contract which is no NON union memeber should NOT touch union WORK !!

Last edited:

Brokedownandbrown

I get tired of telling sups. that is not their job, supervise that is your job! Its one box today and two tomorrow and etc. Manage your people, get out of that office, be on the move, be proactive not reactive.

iowa boy

In reading some of edman's previous posts, he real recently became a pt sup. I am wondering if he isn't trying to be everyone's best friend by helping out his former coworkers instead of being their boss?

tieguy

Banned
In reading some of edman's previous posts, he real recently became a pt sup. I am wondering if he isn't trying to be everyone's best friend by helping out his former coworkers instead of being their boss?

Edman does not understand the realities of the operation. it was never about protecting the contract. Its always been about getting back at the boss or making up for emotional issues.

some post pictures of theirselves in bikeshorts while others chase supevisor breathing on packages grievances.

its all part of the game. somehow... i dont know how we all make a living.