I'm so sick of the Harassment and take away's

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If you are hired as a courier but you cannot do the job of a courier you should be let go. If you are brought in to do a morning sort, then come back to do the evening re load and DG audit then in my opinion you are being hidden because management doesn't want to deal with you anymore.

I don't have a problem with what he's doing as long as his performance is good. Let him do the work that someone else would be stuck with.

18 year courier is so bad that even during Christmas and I kid you not, this guy does not get even a rental van to help out. He runs the easiest pup route In the station and still can't do it, he literally has a folder of OLCCs. Do you know why he hasn't been canned, Affirmitave Action is my only guess

Oh, but I read on this very site that OLCC's are a tool of the devil used to fire people! All joking aside, he probably complains about the way he's treated.

59 Dano

Of course you're avoiding the elephant in the room. The company holds on to everyone they can because due to poor pay for demanding work they have a hard time retaining people.

They hold on to lousy employees because it's hard to retain lousy employees?

59 Dano

Now you're putting words in my mouth. Typical Memphis response by the way. Upper management only wants break a sweat when it comes to micromanagement, harassment and blowing off important concerns. Anything they could do to actually help couriers do the job then upper management can't be bothered.

Get it?

It's not upper management's obligation to hold your hand and retrain you on your job.

59 Dano

My problem with your criteria is that far too many couriers do NOT do the job correctly, yet are kept on because they cheat and have good numbers as the result of constant speeding, running, and falsifying. This is because of both management intimidation as well as the courier's lack of awareness of policy. If couriers would only take the time to familiarize themselves with policy, they would realize that what managers say about gaps and lates is BS and that as a courier, you should never run or speed, for both your sake and that of the company, even if it means lates, or in your terms, makes a person a bad courier. Any good manager will know these things.

A courier who knows how to use his gap report doesn't need to cheat to make his numbers. Speeding won't have much more than a marginal impact on your numbers and the same goes for running. The same can be said for falsifying, but there is another side to it.

To really get a production benefit from falsifying, you have to do lots of it, use it to cover some big gaps, or both. That's going to create some logistical issues with your gap report. Now, that's not too big of an issue because most managers don't go over each stop unless the courier didn't make goal for the day. There are 2 types of couriers who do this: those who have been caught and those who will be caught.

For you and many other couriers to say that a courier cannot do the job because they are slow and have lates is ridiculous. Why do you even care about that? This isn't Top Gun, buddy. Sounds like you have been drinking the kool-aid. We should all be focusing more on safety.

We have some slow people. They need to go. They could pick up the pace a bit without jeopardizing their safety.

59 Dano

Really, our entire work group was openly threatened by our Ops and SM regarding "making numbers" right after she bumped all the numbers up.. more than half of the work group is running 80% or less...

I've witnessed that same speech a million times. Never seen a soul fired for it.

Dig this, I once had a route that I could run 110% of goal on without really trying. I asked for my goal to be raised so that I would end up making 102% while giving the same effort. It was all done to get under the skin of some swings and anyone else who subbed for me :-)

You can get your numbers lowered from arbitrary increases if you're smart about handling it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This is what I think of every time Dano posts his boot licking drivel.

Funny. You should post that over on Current Events and get the usual suspects all stirred-up. R1a had Dano pegged from the get-go. We should pull-up some history to see the different aliases of our favorite shill. Like others of his ilk, he also visits other social media sites and defends FedEx. He probably has a smelly brown ring around the base of his neck from all those insertions into our upper echelon's posterior regions.

MAKAVELI

Funny. You should post that over on Current Events and get the usual suspects all stirred-up. R1a had Dano pegged from the get-go. We should pull-up some history to see the different aliases of our favorite shill. Like others of his ilk, he also visits other social media sites and defends FedEx. He probably has a smelly brown ring around the base of his neck from all those insertions into our upper echelon's posterior regions.
Done. :D

vantexan

They hold on to lousy employees because it's hard to retain lousy employees?
They're holding on to everyone they can short of those who get three warning letters in a 12 month period. Doesn't matter if they're lousy or not, they can't afford to get rid of people willing to stay.

Purplepackage

A courier who knows how to use his gap report doesn't need to cheat to make his numbers. Speeding won't have much more than a marginal impact on your numbers and the same goes for running. The same can be said for falsifying, but there is another side to it.

To really get a production benefit from falsifying, you have to do lots of it, use it to cover some big gaps, or both. That's going to create some logistical issues with your gap report. Now, that's not too big of an issue because most managers don't go over each stop unless the courier didn't make goal for the day. There are 2 types of couriers who do this: those who have been caught and those who will be caught.

We have some slow people. They need to go. They could pick up the pace a bit without jeopardizing their safety.

We all know if someone is doing say 5 deliveries on break and then inputs all 5 of those deliveries say in a 3 minute time span no one will ever question that gap report, gap reports are only brought out if you are going "to slow"

59 Dano

I have always said they should hire a better shill. How do you hang on to your job(s)?

I make people (such as you) look like ignorant slackers. I have to confess that it's not that difficult, so it doesn't require much effort.

59 Dano

We all know if someone is doing say 5 deliveries on break and then inputs all 5 of those deliveries say in a 3 minute time span no one will ever question that gap report, gap reports are only brought out if you are going "to slow"

What you do on your break is no business of mine, slowpoke.