I'm sorry,

bumped

but it just bothers me....

'Advice' is a noun: you can give someone a 'piece of advice'. For example, let me give you some advice about travelling in China.
'Advise' is a verb: He advised me to always keep my passport on me when I was in China. His advice was very useful.
Another example: She was asked to advise (verb) the government on immigration. Her advice (noun) was used to prepare the new programs.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!

'Advice' is a noun: you can give someone a 'piece of advice'. For example, let me give you some advice about travelling in China.
'Advise' is a verb: He advised me to always keep my passport on me when I was in China. His advice was very useful.
Another example: She was asked to advise (verb) the government on immigration. Her advice (noun) was used to prepare the new programs.

Come on, we are a bunch of truck drivers here!!!!!!

IMHO (in my honest opinion), if this is all you have to worry about or this is really that important to you, you should find a message board that is frequented only by Mensa members.

If you are applying for the Spelling Cop position, the job is already filled, with several others with more seniority waiting in line. Sorry.

over9five

Staff member
Lol! The OP's right, that's a common mistake here! So we have:

advice - advise
steward - stewart - stuart
are - our

bumped

IMHO (in my honest opinion), if this is all you have to worry about or this is really that important to you, you should find a message board that is frequented only by Mensa members.

If you are applying for the Spelling Cop position, the job is already filled, with several others with more seniority waiting in line. Sorry.

I don't mind the misspelling or using the wrong words in the case as of to/too/two or your/you're. I "wood" rather someone use the wrong word or spelling as long as it sounds the same. Advice and advise have two different pronounciations. The commas, or lack thereof doesn't bother me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Man thats deep, I wish I was smart like you guys!!

Cheryl is working on a preschool version of Brown Cafe.

Hoax's grandson will be the moderator:

317tqpkHlCL._AA280_.jpg