I'm supposed to say something good about UPS in Stuart Florida.

NHDRVR

I was told today that my posts on here are still being monitored. During the conversation it was brought to my attention that a lot of people on here talk bad about UPS. I was "asked" to see if I could find something positive to say about the UPS, where I work. Down here in sunny South Florida.

I will now try to find some sort of positive/nice thing to say about my UPS.

My Manager is a nice dresser.
My On-Road Supe does a fantastic job..........in the Air Force Reserve.
My Dispatch Supe is a great listener.
The Preload Supe has great patience (She had to deal with me)
Most of the Drivers get along very well with each other, as do the other shifts.

That's all for now, but can any of you find something good to say about your UPS?

Steve,
Sorry, I am a bit late with this...Your posts are being monitored?? Something you choose to take part in on your free time is being watched by the company you work for?? Really? If any of "YOU" are reading this take a peek at the Bill of Rights...

Oh, and tell your families to pay attention to you since you obviously have a ton of free time....

Sorry to hear this Steve...it's absolutely disgusting.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

First Amendment - Religion and Expression

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve,
Sorry, I am a bit late with this...Your posts are being monitored?? Something you choose to take part in on your free time is being watched by the company you work for?? Really? If any of "YOU" are reading this take a peek at the Bill of Rights...

Oh, and tell your families to pay attention to you since you obviously have a ton of free time....

Sorry to hear this Steve...it's absolutely disgusting.
It's all good, and thanks for the sentiments. This all started because of a few funny pictures I took awhile back. You can see most of those pictures in How's the view or Where oh Where is my Diad, not that I encourage any of that sort of stuff.:wink2::peaceful:

First Amendment - Religion and Expression

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Thanks Upstate! You can be a part of my Legal team.

fethrs

I guess I can say something nice, I still have a job after I was laid off and Stever got his job back, can't beat that!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I guess I can say something nice, I still have a job after I was laid off and Stever got his job back, can't beat that!
That is oh so true. Thanks UPS for giving me my job back. You guys are awesome. Oh, and stop trying to take it away again.

Disclaimer: It was actually the teamsters local 769 who got me my job back.:peaceful:

DorkHead

Steve,if your posts are being monitored,then they are also reading what everyone else has to say.The only problem is that the ones monitoring it are box monkeys just like us,and other that being able to apply discipline like they did when you got a week off without pay,they have no control over what is really wrong with OUR company.
To be honest,there are tons of good qualities ups has that we take for granted,but they are dwindling fast as they delve further into micromanaging.UPS was once a great company,and they demanded a lot from every member of the team,and it's obvious that the bottom line has devolved from the customer service based company we used to be,into a greedy corporate monster.I'd personally love to see a new CEO that would take us back to what we were meant to be,the ups that Jim Casey started.

Are you kidding? UPS was NEVER a customer service based company. Twenty or Twenty five yrs ago we never waited at a pickup. We took what they had and got the rest the next day. We never gave discounts to shippers no matter how big they were. We were always a greedy corporate monster. This all changed because of the competition. The one thing that has changed drastically is there is no accountability anymore, on both sides. If we get a new CEO like Jim Casey, we will be out of business fast

satellitedriver

Are you kidding? UPS was NEVER a customer service based company.Huh???? Twenty or Twenty five yrs ago we never waited at a pickup.Baloney We took what they had and got the rest the next day.Double Baloney We never gave discounts to shippers no matter how big they were.Volume discounts were common. We were always a greedy corporate monster.Yes This all changed because of the competition.Not really, more the IPO The one thing that has changed drastically is there is no accountability anymore,True on both sides. If we get a new CEO like Jim Casey, we will be out of business fast. Triple Baloney

govols019

You smell that?
Twenty or Twenty five yrs ago we never waited at a pickup.Baloney We took what they had and got the rest the next day.Double Baloney

That is not "Baloney", it is a fact. That's how I was trained.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
That is not "Baloney", it is a fact. That's how I was trained.
I remember those days also. We had too much work and little competition. This was before RPS and Fedex Ground. The choices to ship small packages was pretty much UPS or the Post Office. If somebody wasn't ready, it went out the next day. I picked up the same time I made bulk stops whenever I could. The biggest shippers got a later pickup though.

tarbar66

I remember those days also. We had too much work and little competition. This was before RPS and Fedex Ground. The choices to ship small packages was pretty much UPS or the Post Office. If somebody wasn't ready, it went out the next day. I picked up the same time I made bulk stops whenever I could. The biggest shippers got a later pickup though.
So true.

The good olde days in the 70's & 80's; no commits, no cell phones, no ods messages or p/u's, no driving back 10 miles to keep a pita customer from going ballastic.

The best part of the 90's were the Diad introduction, new package cars with great heat, better seats, better hand carts.

I forgot this thread is supposed to be about Stuart, Florida. You guys probably don't need heaters in your package cars!

tieguy

Banned

Did we really leave the shippers hanging. Back then I knew we said things like leave it for tommorrow but it seemed like the driver, myself included would still take care of the customer.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Didn't really leave them hanging but most knew they had to be ready by 2:30. Now we have shippers that don't think 6 is early enough.

Did we really leave the shippers hanging. Back then I knew we said things like leave it for tommorrow but it seemed like the driver, myself included would still take care of the customer.
I really was trained to leave it for the next day, although I did wait on some depending on who they were and the situation. Sometimes the shippers overall attitude played a part in the situation. If they were setting around on their collective buts, doing nothing it was the next day. If they were actively working on a package for shipment, I not only would wait, I would help them get it ready to go. For the most part I was a cover driver and didn't want to upset the apple cart for the regular driver or piss off the customer.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
So true.

The good olde days in the 70's & 80's; no commits, no cell phones, no ods messages or p/u's, no driving back 10 miles to keep a pita customer from going ballastic.

The best part of the 90's were the Diad introduction, new package cars with great heat, better seats, better hand carts.

I forgot this thread is supposed to be about Stuart, Florida. You guys probably don't need heaters in your package cars!
yah they do..it got down to 3o degrees once STUG said !!! That must have been aweful !!!!:happy2::happy2:

Work right slow and safe

well I just have to say. if the truth hurts fix it !!!!!!!!!! get your head out of your @ss and make are work place better and we then can say things with a strait face with how good the comp is

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
heres one you whiners,, while the entire economy and every company out there tanks UPS is still going strong..............................and your bills are still getting paid!

Cementups

Box Monkey
This is pretty funny. As far as I know none of my supes monitor this site but one of our Union Stewards (Hi, JF). He doesn't monitor it for people persay but just to keep up with the buzz around UPS.