I'm sure you guys have heard this millions of times..

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Stonerhate, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Stonerhate

Stonerhate New Member

Well goin' to work as a package handler for my 3rd night tonight. Last night I actually loaded, SV just had me scan and he loaded. Scanning was easy of course, but the actual loading seems confusing. Any advice you guys can give me on loading. Like how to organize the packages faster, and better. I know i'm just starting.. But any advice can help!

Thanks!

2. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

Best way to load is like youre playing the game tetris

3. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

or another way to see it; brick laying
    How would you build a brick wall ?
    Heavy stuff is always on the bottom.

4. MonavieLeaker

Very true

5. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to BrownCafe, Stonerhate!

You've come to the right place for advice. Post again and let us know how you're doing!

6. Flapjac583

Flapjac583 New Member

Just throw them all in there...how they look when I get them.

7. Stonerhate

Stonerhate New Member

Thanks guys! I got the hang of it today, went much better.

8. sortaisle

sortaisle Livin the cardboard dream

next time your sup wants to do some work, make sure another union person is watching him.

9. evilleace

evilleace Member

I have heard if you grieve sups working you get triple time is this true?

10. MonavieLeaker

Its double time...in the old contract it was time and a half but its now double time

11. cow pie baker

cow pie baker New Member

it's just like stacking square bails of hay. 13 years ago my trainer who was one of us making an extra 50 cents an hour stayed with me a whole half an hour. Even with that short period of time I think I got trained better than some of our newbies that have a training sup for a week

12. PaidDriveTime?

PaidDriveTime? New Member

thats the truth, when I first got hired on I was an unloader. I preload now but will unload whenever they need the help on occasion, and I swear the loads are getting worse and worse.

13. cachsux

cachsux Wah

It`s like shoveling snow, big brown square heavy flakes of snow.

14. rootbeerman

rootbeerman Member

smalls bags..........no one throws those do they........:wink2:

15. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

sounds like he was giving a demo and training the kid, you can't file a grievence on that,you oughtah know better!!!

16. Zigs88

Zigs88 New Member

management is allowed to work if they are explaining the job to a new hire. I work as a Trainer at 6009, Union can watch me work all night if I am explaining the job.

17. Zigs88

Zigs88 New Member

Summary: The time total that the supervisor is working (taking hours) is paid out to the person with the most seniority in that area/department by 3 times. If you have been there for 6 months and another has been there for 8 years, you wont see anything.

18. IDoLessWorkThanMost

IDoLessWorkThanMost New Member

First of all supervisor working grievances are DOUBLE time, not triple. The over 9.5 grievances may be triple time, that's the only triple I know of. ...beyond that, I have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe a local thing, but nothing I've ever seen or heard.

You file the grievance, you win it, you are paid what is negotiated. Two hours or less, you get paid double times hours worked. Over two hours, four hours double time for hours worked.

19. IDoLessWorkThanMost

IDoLessWorkThanMost New Member

Precisely.

But when I see a trainer with the same person for 8 days in a row, a female, loading 90 pound pieces of bulk when the load is short handed and the trainee is paying no attention somewhere else in the operation shagginag and dumping missorts, I have problems with. UPS likes to see the trainers work too, believe that!

20. UPSNewbie

UPSNewbie New Member

Had a feeder that had roughly 500-1000 packages. The rest was smalls bags.

Blood pressure goes up?