I'm sure you guys have heard this millions of times..

Stonerhate

Well goin' to work as a package handler for my 3rd night tonight. Last night I actually loaded, SV just had me scan and he loaded. Scanning was easy of course, but the actual loading seems confusing. Any advice you guys can give me on loading. Like how to organize the packages faster, and better. I know i'm just starting.. But any advice can help!

Thanks!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
or another way to see it; brick laying
How would you build a brick wall ?
Heavy stuff is always on the bottom.

over9five

Staff member
Welcome to BrownCafe, Stonerhate!

You've come to the right place for advice. Post again and let us know how you're doing!

it's just like stacking square bails of hay. 13 years ago my trainer who was one of us making an extra 50 cents an hour stayed with me a whole half an hour. Even with that short period of time I think I got trained better than some of our newbies that have a training sup for a week

Zigs88

next time your sup wants to do some work, make sure another union person is watching him.

management is allowed to work if they are explaining the job to a new hire. I work as a Trainer at 6009, Union can watch me work all night if I am explaining the job.

Zigs88

I have heard if you grieve sups working you get triple time is this true?

Summary: The time total that the supervisor is working (taking hours) is paid out to the person with the most seniority in that area/department by 3 times. If you have been there for 6 months and another has been there for 8 years, you wont see anything.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Summary: The time total that the supervisor is working (taking hours) is paid out to the person with the most seniority in that area/department by 3 times. If you have been there for 6 months and another has been there for 8 years, you wont see anything.

First of all supervisor working grievances are DOUBLE time, not triple. The over 9.5 grievances may be triple time, that's the only triple I know of. ...beyond that, I have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe a local thing, but nothing I've ever seen or heard.

You file the grievance, you win it, you are paid what is negotiated. Two hours or less, you get paid double times hours worked. Over two hours, four hours double time for hours worked.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

sounds like he was giving a demo and training the kid, you can't file a grievence on that,you oughtah know better!!!

Precisely.

But when I see a trainer with the same person for 8 days in a row, a female, loading 90 pound pieces of bulk when the load is short handed and the trainee is paying no attention somewhere else in the operation shagginag and dumping missorts, I have problems with. UPS likes to see the trainers work too, believe that!