I'm the biggest UPS driver out there...

fedxsux

Hey guys, Just wondering as I battle the bulge, If I was the biggest out there. I refer to myself as athletically fat .. I'm 6'2 382lbs. My shirts are a 6Xl and Shorts are 52. My route is about 70 business stops and 50 resi (300-350sticks)with 32p/u's I'm usually within an hour of THEIR plan day.

Bad Gas!

Re: I'm I the biggest UPS driver out there...

I've seen a few really big guys but you win.I hope you can drop some for the knee's sake.You'll miss those pupies when they go bad..Good luck...I hate being 210..

fedxsux

I'm trying. I just cut out Red Meat going poultry and vegies. Hopefully I can get to 320/330 by end of summer

Cementups

Box Monkey

Don't mean to sound rude but..............................:surprise:

I'm 6'2 and 250lb and I think that's alot of weight.

upsgrunt

WOW! I'm not trying to sound crass, but I'm 6'3 and 213 and it takes me 2 trips to haul butt, and my knees and elbows ache. I can only imagine what your knees will do- how many years are you showing?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

Hey fedxsux, I think it's awesome that you have a plan to improve your health by reducing your weight. That's a tough thing to do so I admire you for setting a goal like that for yourself.

:thumbup:

fedxsux

LOL Guys!! and thanks Cheryl!!

knock on wood My knees haven't given me any problems yet. I've been driving for 6 years. I don't know if I can post a pic (Identity purposes) but allot of my customers can't believe I weigh more than 250 so I guess you can say I wear my weight well.

diesel96

It's a good thing your not in feeders....Just Kidding
Unlike pkg drivin I had to join a gym, cause there's no cardio or exercise with the job. Watch the blood pressure and keep the carb and sugar intake low. Your on the right path, there's no cheating when it comes to dropping wieght . Do it slowly and naturally and you'll start noticing a difference soon after. For some it may even take a couple of months to start noticing weight loss and a more healthier energetic lifestyle. Some of us are just not born or gifted with a speedy fat burning metabolism. Just have to work harder at it. Good luck.

P.S. Drink lots of water and try not to eat three hours before bed.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...

6' 1" 220 lbs here. How in the world do you not get your uniform caught in the bulk head door? I'm sure that must be a concern for you.

geeez I feel like a midget..uhhh..small person...little person ?..whatever. 57 years old, 5'8", currently 175 lbs, down from 205. Cutting back on carbs has helped me.
I have a friend that has had to have both knees replaced, he'll never walk right again.

upsdude

6'2" 215, just quit smoking so the 215 may change. Ok, the 215 will change.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I think driving full -time is easier on someone small and light and in shape. Who's the lightest driver? I'm :greedy: 5'9 145

outta hours

I am 6'4'" and weigh 265 not really the stereotypical driver size but I am what I am.

Pasaholic

How can someone who is 400lb possible fit in the cab of say a p800 or even a p1000?, I mean dose this doughboy walk sideways through the bulkhead door?, In my opinion someone that fat is a safty risk and should not be on the road.

ImpactedTSG

How can someone who is 400lb possible fit in the cab of say a p800 or even a p1000?, I mean dose this doughboy walk sideways through the bulkhead door?, In my opinion someone that fat is a safty risk and should not be on the road.
So insensitive.....I love it, but if he can do the job why not?