Immigration

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Do you really not understand what was wrong with Trump's comments? Let me help you out here:
They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.
He basically said almost all illegal immigrants are drug dealers and rapists. He assumes some of them are good people, he just doesn't know of any. This kind of ignorance is why he won't get the nomination, plain and simple.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
That's carelessness.

Not an accident.

Can't believe you are defending this guy.

If he was a right wing Republican, you'd be all over him

On the contrary, I am not defending him at all.

It was a tragic accident, but thats not MURDER. Its manslaughter. Still a felony and he should be prosecuted.

However, the HYPE over this shooting is really just stupid. His immigration status had no part in the shooting. He was in san francisco because ICE dropped him off there.

He didnt travel to san francisco to find "santuary".

He stated he keeps coming back to the USA to find WORK, and if there wasnt WORK offered by AMERICAN COMPANIES, he wouldnt travel here.

At the end of the day, this shooting, was just another example of how GUNS in the hands of an irresponsible person can end up in tragedy.

You people are up in arms only because you are being forced fed "RACE BAITING" rhetoric and you are too silly to check out the facts of the case.

This man will be prosecuted, but dont get your panties in a bunch when he isnt charged with first degree murder.

It was only a tragic accident.

TOS.

Overpaid Union Thug

Do you really not understand what was wrong with Trump's comments? Let me help you out here:

He basically said almost all illegal immigrants are drug dealers and rapists. He assumes some of them are good people, he just doesn't know of any. This kind of ignorance is why he won't get the nomination, plain and simple.
Where did he say "almost all illegal immigrants are drug dealers and rapists"? Since when does the word "some" automatically mean a super small minority? If you need to twist someones words, and re-define certain words of the English language in the process, to slander someone then maybe, just maybe, you don't have a case.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Where did he say "almost all illegal immigrants are drug dealers and rapists"? Since when does the word "some" automatically mean a super small minority? If you need to twist someones words, and re-define certain words of the English language in the process, to slander someone then maybe, just maybe, you don't have a case.
I'm not twisting his words. His word was assume.
He has to assume that some illegal immigrants are good people. Maybe they're not all rapists, he's not sure. He's going to assume there are some that aren't drug dealers, he just doesn't know of any.
It's an ignorant statement. The guy should talk less, because when he opens his mouth, he just sounds like an ass.

moreluck

golden ticket member
He has to assume that some illegal immigrants are good people. Maybe they're not all rapists, he's not sure. He's going to assume there are some that aren't drug dealers, he just doesn't know of any.
It's an ignorant statement. The guy should talk less, because when he opens his mouth, he just sounds like an ass.
People say all pit bulls are bad. I'm sure there are some good ones among them, but I don't know how to tell the difference. Do you ?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
People say all pit bulls are bad. I'm sure there are some good ones among them, but I don't know how to tell the difference. Do you ?
giphy.gif

Overpaid Union Thug

Whats ignorant about it? Nothing is what. He, like most logically thinking human beings, recognize that there are plenty of harsh criminals amongst the multimillions of illegals that have already snuck in or overstayed their visas. He recognizes that had the federal government been doing their jobs (enforcing immigration laws and securing our borders) many of those dangerous criminals would likely not be here. Recognizing those facts is a trait of a knowledgeable person. Which is quite the opposite of those that oppose him on this issue.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Whats ignorant about it? Nothing is what. He, like most logically thinking human beings, recognize that there are plenty of harsh criminals amongst the multimillions of illegals that have already snuck in or overstayed their visas. He recognizes that had the federal government been doing their jobs (enforcing immigration laws and securing our borders) many of those dangerous criminals would likely not be here. Recognizing those facts is a trait of a knowledgeable person. Which is quite the opposite of those that oppose him on this issue.
The ignorant part is that he doesn't know for sure if some of the "multimillions of illegals" you speak of are good people or not. He has to assume.
I'm not debating if the immigration system is broken or not, it clearly is. What I'm talking about is the words he used, and the effect that will have on him getting the nomination. The speech he gave disenfranchised 5-10% of the electorate. Unless republicans won't to lose again, they'd be wise to distance themselves from this blowhard.

Overpaid Union Thug

The ignorant part is that he doesn't know for sure if some of the "multimillions of illegals" you speak of are good people or not. He has to assume.
I'm not debating if the immigration system is broken or not, it clearly is. What I'm talking about is the words he used, and the effect that will have on him getting the nomination. The speech he gave disenfranchised 5-10% of the electorate. Unless republicans won't to lose again, they'd be wise to distance themselves from this blowhard.
Crime statistics prove that he is, at the very least, in the ballpark.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Crime statistics prove that he is, at the very least, in the ballpark.
In what ballpark? Trump isn't sure whether or not any of the 11 million illegal immigrants are good people. He has to assume. I'm pretty sure crime statistics prove that some definitely are, and probably a lot more than just some.

If he's running for president, he should probably choose his words more carefully. I mean this was his presidential run announcement after all. It's not like some reporter caught him off guard and he misspoke. You know what they say about assuming....

Overpaid Union Thug

In what ballpark? Trump isn't sure whether or not any of the 11 million illegal immigrants are good people. I'm pretty sure crime statistics prove that some definitely are, and probably a lot more than just some.
You are missing the point. The issue isn't whether or not some illegals are good people. The issue is the fact that many of them are not.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You are missing the point. The issue isn't whether or not some illegals are good people. The issue is the fact that many of them are not.
When it comes to winning an election, you're the one who's missing the point. No point in even talking about what this guy has to say, he's not going to be the nominee. He couldn't even make it through his presidential run announcement without disenfranchising 10% of the electorate.