Immigration

BrownArmy

Counting people stopped at the border is not deportations. Except by Obama's accounting. Bush deported more than Obama if you apply the same standards of measurement.

A closer examination shows that immigrants living illegally in most of the continental U.S. are less likely to be deported today than before Obama came to office, according to immigration data.

Expulsions of people who are settled and working in the United States have fallen steadily since his first year in office, and are down more than 40% since 2009.

On the other side of the ledger, the number of people deported at or near the border has gone up — primarily as a result of changing who gets counted in the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency's deportation statistics.

The vast majority of those border crossers would not have been treated as formal deportations under most previous administrations. If all removals were tallied, the total sent back to Mexico each year would have been far higher under those previous administrations than it is now.
High deportation figures are misleading

Kewl.

In any country where immigrants are tallied, the answer is always the same, if you look at the long term view, immigration helps the community.

On balance, immigration is actually a plus for any country in which said immigrants are emigrating to.

Immigrants actually edified Britain's upline, yet, BREXIT.

Immigrants actually edify the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA's upline, yet, TRUMP.

You can scream and cry about immigration and 'illegals', but the facts on the ground don't support your narrative.

oldngray

nowhere special
Kewl.

In any country where immigrants are tallied, the answer is always the same, if you look at the long term view, immigration helps the community.

On balance, immigration is actually a plus for any country in which said immigrants are emigrating to.

Immigrants actually edified Britain's upline, yet, BREXIT.

Immigrants actually edify the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA's upline, yet, TRUMP.

You can scream and cry about immigration and 'illegals', but the facts on the ground don't support your narrative.

Legal immigration is vastly different from illegal immigration. The issue is with illegals.

BrownArmy

Dysfunctional because they won't do everything the President wants? Perhaps the logjam is because of only one individual.

Nice try, and I will say, "Absolutely not".

Whether or not you're an R or D, as a citizen, I hope and expect that my legislature will simply perform their job.

If I performed my job like these clowns perform theirs, I'd be walked out of the building with no hope of getting my job back.

Honestly, at this point, there's blame on both sides, so, I'm not trying to make this a partisan issue.

However, we essentially have a government that absolutely refuses to function.

How is that appropriate?

oldngray

nowhere special
Nice try, and I will say, "Absolutely not".

Whether or not you're an R or D, as a citizen, I hope and expect that my legislature will simply perform their job.

If I performed my job like these clowns perform theirs, I'd be walked out of the building with no hope of getting my job back.

Honestly, at this point, there's blame on both sides, so, I'm not trying to make this a partisan issue.

However, we essentially have a government that absolutely refuses to function.

How is that appropriate?

Notice how the country seems to roll along fine when the government does little to nothing? Often it is better when they do nothing.

BrownArmy

Notice how the country seems to roll along fine when the government does little to nothing? Often it is better when they do nothing.

Nice.

You've simply not addressed anything I had to say.

Do you think that the world would move along much better if there were no Governments?

Are you high right now?

oldngray

nowhere special
Nice.

You've simply not addressed anything I had to say.

Do you think that the world would move along much better if there were no Governments?

Are you high right now?

I addressed your issues. Maybe not the way you wanted.

I never said no Governments.

No, I am not high.

BrownArmy

I addressed your issues. Maybe not the way you wanted.

I never said no Governments.

No, I am not high.

Good to know.

Why do you think our government will not address these absolutely crushing issues that affect all of us?

Do you disagree with me that our government has abdicated their most basic responsibility?

Why can't we come up with an appropriate plan for immigration?

Surely, it isn't a lack of ideas. IT'S A LACK OF WILL.

oldngray

nowhere special
What absolutely crushing issues? If you are referring to immigration it has been addressed but little accomplished because of disagreements over exactly what should be done.

Yes I disagree with you. Our government has not abdicated its most basic responsibility.

I don't know why.

Lack of will? I disagree there. If anything too much strong willed stubbornness.

BrownArmy

If I had to make a bet on whether immigration reform would make the situation better or worse, I'd probably bet worse. Just look at what the Republicans are proposing.....

Yet, here we are.

You seem to be saying that no one can fix anything, therefore we shouldn't do anything at all, because anything we do will be wrong.

Seems rather reductive to me.

Why not just shoot yourself in the head?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yet, here we are.

You seem to be saying that no one can fix anything, therefore we shouldn't do anything at all, because anything we do will be wrong.

Seems rather reductive to me.

Why not just shoot yourself in the head?
No I'm saying the government has a bad record of fixing anything, at least not long term, or without causing some other problem in the process.

bbsam

Staff member
No. I do not notice that. Roads, bridges, veterans affairs, Michigan water problems, California water problems, wage stagnation, union membership decline, job outsourcing, mass murders, Wall Street bailed out Maint Street screwed....

And yet you believe all is moving along just fine? That "invisible hand of the Market" has it all taken care of?

BrownArmy

No I'm saying the government has a bad record of fixing anything, at least not long term, or without causing some other problem in the process.

Again, here we are.

Yes, yes, the guvment isn't efficient.

So, what do we do about that?

Nothing?

Again, not a great strategy.

The Union sucks, but not getting involved in the Union is a guarantee that...

This Democracy sucks, but not getting involved is a guarantee that...

Sorry, maybe I'm babbling.

However, it bums me out when people complain about things that are under their control.

Just like the 'Union' is us, this 'Democracy' is us.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Again, here we are.

Yes, yes, the guvment isn't efficient.

So, what do we do about that?

Nothing?

Again, not a great strategy.

The Union sucks, but not getting involved in the Union is a guarantee that...

This Democracy sucks, but not getting involved is a guarantee that...

Sorry, maybe I'm babbling.

However, it bums me out when people complain about things that are under their control.

Just like the 'Union' is us, this 'Democracy' is us.
Sure, Democracy is "us".... I'm not a big fan of most of us.

moreluck

golden ticket member
odISocC.gif