Immigration

Overpaid Union Thug

Amen to that one. Our hub is in a neighborhood that's hardly Beverly Hills but there are a few nice streets with some decent little homes. One original homeowner I know moved out; the latest trend is that the illegals move twenty people into a house, ten more sleep in the storage shed and fifteen more are in sleeping bags all over the back yard, Holy Cow, Man! And nobody does anything about it! Yes, they may all be employed but this is over the top!

It is rediculous. Even though the end result is the area in questin being turned into a third world country, as well as creating a fire hazard, I'm still impressed with their initiative. They do what ever it takes to save money. It sucks that they have to break the law in order to come here and make a living. My wish is that they would be aloud to stay as long as they haven't commited crimes other than entering illegaly. If they were to have the chance to stop living in the shadows they wouldn't have to turn the areas they live in into third world countrys. If I were in control, and I admit it is just wishful thinking, I'd have all of them turn themselves in and weed out the honest workers from the trouble makers and legalize them. Any Americans that are on unemployment benefits and other govt. benefits would be offered one last chance to get off the govt. dollar and then deported.....to Mexico. LOL

moreluck

golden ticket member

If this do
esn't open your eyes... nothing will!

From the L.A. Times

40% of all workers in L.A. County ( L.A. County has 10.2 million people) are working for
cash and not paying taxes. This is because they are predominantly illegal immigrants
working without a green card.

2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.

75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens

4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on
Medi-Cal , whose births were paid for by taxpayers.

5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican
nationals here illegally.

Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.

7. The FBI reports
half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely
illegal aliens from south of the border.

Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.

21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.

10. In L.A. County 5.1 million people speak English, 3.9 million speak Spanish.
(There are 10.2 million people in L.A. County ).

(All of the above are from the Los Angeles Times)

Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare.

Over 70% of the United States ' annual population growth
(and over 90% of California , Florida , and New York )

results from immigration.

29% of inmates
in federal prisons are illegal aliens.

Overpaid Union Thug

If this do
esn't open your eyes... nothing will!

From the L.A. Times

40% of all workers in L.A. County ( L.A. County has 10.2 million people) are working for
cash and not paying taxes. This is because they are predominantly illegal immigrants
working without a green card.

2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.

75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens

4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on
Medi-Cal , whose births were paid for by taxpayers.

5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican
nationals here illegally.

Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.

7. The FBI reports
half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely
illegal aliens from south of the border.

Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.

21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.

10. In L.A. County 5.1 million people speak English, 3.9 million speak Spanish.
(There are 10.2 million people in L.A. County ).

(All of the above are from the Los Angeles Times)

Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare.

Over 70% of the United States ' annual population growth
(and over 90% of California , Florida , and New York )

results from immigration.

29% of inmates
in federal prisons are illegal aliens.

I believe it but those numbers wouldn't hold up if the article was talking about the entire country. The illegals working farther into the country are working under false papers and are getting taxes taken out of their checks. Those stats paint a false picture of how things are across the nation. It's like when people say there are more white people on wellfare than other races. Yes, but there are also more white people in the country so if one looks at the percentage of that total population instead of just the number of people on wellfare they will get the true scale. So if you compare the pecentages of that article to the estimated population of illegals in that area you'll realize that the the idea that most illegal aliens are criminals (other than being undocumented) is false. I don't mean to sound like an Illegal Alien Advocate. I just want to be fair. And like I said before...if we can somehow get rid of the gang bangers and wellfare bums (which are in the minority) and keep the honest working ones then I'd be happy to keep them here as long as they are willing to improve their living conditions.

Overpaid Union Thug

yeah, but I don't live "across the nation". I live in California.

Sucks for you. A local political radio talk show guy in my area talks about this allot. When someone mentions California he just says "California is done. Stick a fork in it.' Until our govt. can grow some balls and label these illegal alien gang bangers, (especially MS13), as terrorists we will never be able to take back California. That combined with a wall along the border. I keep seeing the wall being built on the news but I'm not sure how much of the border it will cover.

govols019

You smell that?
Doesn't matter. A wall won't work. All it would do is reroute the flow to other places.

The only thing that will stem the tide of illegals is to take away their reason for coming here. Go after the employers that are hiring them. Make the penalties high and be vigilant in enforcement.

Overpaid Union Thug

Doesn't matter. A wall won't work. All it would do is reroute the flow to other places.

The only thing that will stem the tide of illegals is to take away their reason for coming here. Go after the employers that are hiring them. Make the penalties high and be vigilant in enforcement.

That won't work either because most of the time the employer doesn't know they are hiring an illegal alien. They are using good social security numbers that were sold to them and most employers don't have the means to verify that the person presenting the SSN is the actual person named on the card. A wall would work if it was built correctly.

raceanoncr

A wall? I like the comic Jake Johanson's idea:

"Burning river of gas!!!!!"

We could charge admission and make $ for the USA!!!!

Sammie

You gotta love this one:

Mexico admittedly has "tougher immigration laws in place than those being contemplated by the United States"...

Mexico's southern border is being overrun by hundreds of thousands of illegals from over two dozen countries, especially South America and Cuba. They're increasing the checkpoints along their highways, their military (didn't know they had a military!) is posted all across the border and their detention and deportation centers are at the bursting point. And they can't hire enough security police to take care of this problem....

They're also very concerned about the rise of immigrant smuggling and the increased incidents of abuse and attacks..... Really! Well, do I ever feel bad for them!!!!!!

And as we all know, Mexico demands that its citizens rights be protected when they illegally enter the United States, but the welfare of the immigrants who cross illegally into Mexico receive no such protection.

So on the one hand, the U.S. should tear down the fences that keeps the Mexican illegal aliens out, while on the other hand, Mexico uses its military to keep poor Guatemalans out of their own back yard.

This all makes sense to me!!!???!!!???

Overpaid Union Thug

You gotta love this one:

Mexico admittedly has "tougher immigration laws in place than those being contemplated by the United States"...

Mexico's southern border is being overrun by hundreds of thousands of illegals from over two dozen countries, especially South America and Cuba. They're increasing the checkpoints along their highways, their military (didn't know they had a military!) is posted all across the border and their detention and deportation centers are at the bursting point. And they can't hire enough security police to take care of this problem....

They're also very concerned about the rise of immigrant smuggling and the increased incidents of abuse and attacks..... Really! Well, do I ever feel bad for them!!!!!!

And as we all know, Mexico demands that its citizens rights be protected when they illegally enter the United States, but the welfare of the immigrants who cross illegally into Mexico receive no such protection.

So on the one hand, the U.S. should tear down the fences that keeps the Mexican illegal aliens out, while on the other hand, Mexico uses its military to keep poor Guatemalans out of their own back yard.

This all makes sense to me!!!???!!!???

Most of the illegals crossing into Mexico from countrys south of their border are only doing so because they are just passing through to get to the United States. Believe it or not, the more Mexico cracks down on their southern border the better off we are here. I crossed into Mexico plenty of times when I was in the military and stationed near there. It's amazing how we can enter Mexico at will but when returning to the States it's the total opposite.

Sammie

Most of the illegals crossing into Mexico from countrys south of their border are only doing so because they are just passing through to get to the United States. Believe it or not, the more Mexico cracks down on their southern border the better off we are here. I crossed into Mexico plenty of times when I was in the military and stationed near there. It's amazing how we can enter Mexico at will but when returning to the States it's the total opposite.

Yes, that and per the radio news this a.m., their illegal problems are eager to snarf up the low paying jobs the Mexican people are leaving behind.

And our govt is all over them to continue their crack down for their sakes and for ours.

Channahon

Here's an example where immigrants feel they have rights in America, although not here legally.

Activists Protest Arrest Tactics
As CBS 2's Kristyn Hartman reports, the raid drew heated protests in the Little Village neighborhood on Tuesday, and those demonstrations continued outside the Dirksen Federal Building downtown on Wednesday.

But U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald said the arrests were a matter of national security.

The protesters complained about the use of SWAT teams and machine guns, and the sealing off of the discount mall. Fitzgerald said it was done for the safety of those nearby and the agents working on the case, because the people allegedly involved in the fake ID ring are dangerous.

He emphasized that he focus of the arrest was the fake ID ring rather than immigrants in general.

But many said they are offended by the display of force and the number of officers who conducted the operation in a shopping mall in the middle of the afternoon.

“This could've easily turned into a very explosive, deadly situation with the kinds of weapons on the street, with the number of troopers, enforcement officers,” said Dr. Juan Andrade of the U.S. Hispanic Leadership Institute.

Some protesters said the saw the arrests as an attack on the community. Many people complained that others who had nothing to do with counterfeiting were also arrested.

“They kind of targeted a whole bunch of people in a very large space and then kind of checked everybody for immigration status,” said civil rights attorney Chris Bergin. “That's not an American ideal.”

"We ask you to be with all of the families who've been agitated by this act of aggression in our community," an activist said during a protest on Tuesday.

They took issue with the show of force, and they way they said they were treated.

"They came out here and they had these big guns and they were looking for people under cars and in the stores," said witness Jesus Figueroa.

The local alderman also took issue with the methods used in the raid.

"It's a show of force. We believe it was done to intimidate this community. We can’t see it any other way," said Ald. George Cardenas (12th). "The number of people involved in this operation is just overwhelming."

Witnesses say up to 200 agents stormed the mall, locking it down and asking everyone inside and in the parking lot for IDs.

"(They were) selling illegal papers to immigrants so we can work, basically. That’s all we buy them for, is to work," said Little Village resident Luz Nolasco. "But apparently that’s against the law and God forbid we help America!"

A release said, "Their actions are clear – (to) disrespect our community and children and to intimidate us."

As CBS 2's Rafael Romo reports, the site of the operation looked like a ghost shopping mall Wednesday. Merchants say people are still terrified, especially those who witnessed the raids.

“And when they came in, looking to see if perhaps some of them had hidden inside here, that caused more panic; that caused more fear, with those machine guns walking around,” said merchant Rosanna Jimenez.

“This was not an effort to send any message to anyone other than those people who traffic and counterfeit documents, who make a living by exposing the vulnerability of our country,” Fitzgerald said.

Fitzgerald says he understands people's frustration, but agents have to go where crimes are being committed.

“We can't just say we're not going to arrest people ever in a shopping mall and we're not going to arrest people ever in the public streets if they're carrying out crimes in the public streets,” Fitzgerald said.

Immigration activists say the operation was an effort to intimidate people the week before an immigration rally planned for May 1.

But federal officials say the investigation into the counterfeiting ring started long ago and has nothing to do with the immigration debate.

Overpaid Union Thug

Here's an example where immigrants feel they have rights in America, although not here legally.

Activists Protest Arrest Tactics
As CBS 2's Kristyn Hartman reports, the raid drew heated protests in the Little Village neighborhood on Tuesday, and those demonstrations continued outside the Dirksen Federal Building downtown on Wednesday.

But U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald said the arrests were a matter of national security.

The protesters complained about the use of SWAT teams and machine guns, and the sealing off of the discount mall. Fitzgerald said it was done for the safety of those nearby and the agents working on the case, because the people allegedly involved in the fake ID ring are dangerous.

He emphasized that he focus of the arrest was the fake ID ring rather than immigrants in general.

But many said they are offended by the display of force and the number of officers who conducted the operation in a shopping mall in the middle of the afternoon.

“This could've easily turned into a very explosive, deadly situation with the kinds of weapons on the street, with the number of troopers, enforcement officers,” said Dr. Juan Andrade of the U.S. Hispanic Leadership Institute.

Some protesters said the saw the arrests as an attack on the community. Many people complained that others who had nothing to do with counterfeiting were also arrested.

“They kind of targeted a whole bunch of people in a very large space and then kind of checked everybody for immigration status,” said civil rights attorney Chris Bergin. “That's not an American ideal.”

"We ask you to be with all of the families who've been agitated by this act of aggression in our community," an activist said during a protest on Tuesday.

They took issue with the show of force, and they way they said they were treated.

"They came out here and they had these big guns and they were looking for people under cars and in the stores," said witness Jesus Figueroa.

The local alderman also took issue with the methods used in the raid.

"It's a show of force. We believe it was done to intimidate this community. We can’t see it any other way," said Ald. George Cardenas (12th). "The number of people involved in this operation is just overwhelming."

Witnesses say up to 200 agents stormed the mall, locking it down and asking everyone inside and in the parking lot for IDs.

"(They were) selling illegal papers to immigrants so we can work, basically. That’s all we buy them for, is to work," said Little Village resident Luz Nolasco. "But apparently that’s against the law and God forbid we help America!"

A release said, "Their actions are clear – (to) disrespect our community and children and to intimidate us."

As CBS 2's Rafael Romo reports, the site of the operation looked like a ghost shopping mall Wednesday. Merchants say people are still terrified, especially those who witnessed the raids.

“And when they came in, looking to see if perhaps some of them had hidden inside here, that caused more panic; that caused more fear, with those machine guns walking around,” said merchant Rosanna Jimenez.

“This was not an effort to send any message to anyone other than those people who traffic and counterfeit documents, who make a living by exposing the vulnerability of our country,” Fitzgerald said.

Fitzgerald says he understands people's frustration, but agents have to go where crimes are being committed.

“We can't just say we're not going to arrest people ever in a shopping mall and we're not going to arrest people ever in the public streets if they're carrying out crimes in the public streets,” Fitzgerald said.

Immigration activists say the operation was an effort to intimidate people the week before an immigration rally planned for May 1.

But federal officials say the investigation into the counterfeiting ring started long ago and has nothing to do with the immigration debate.

It is hard to believe that such force and resources would be used for a raid on a select few people that are selling IDs. They could have been busted by undercover agents easily. The SWAT team and other resources they used for that should be used to go take out the gangs, wether they are illegal aliens or not, and drug lords. Either way. I don't have a problem with the illegals that are just wanting work as long as they don't use govt. benefits. The guys selling the IDs are potentially dangerous because they could get IDs for terrorists. If it wasn't for that they'd be harmless. It's good to get them off the street though. Most illegals don't use fake IDs anyway. They usually buy real social security numbers and real IDs. And more often then not they buy them from the actual people they belong too. It's amazing what greed does to people. They are willing to risk their SSNs, which could mean bad credit, and their names. But believe it or not most illegals don't use the numbers for credit. Unless they are just unbelievably stupid.

tieguy

Banned
The quote of the year!

"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration."

Try this experiment.

Put a bird feeder in your yard and fill it with bird seed. It doesn't take long before the birds learn that a free meal is in the offing.
They come by the hundreds.

Now, empty the feeder. What happens? No more birds.

Take away the free medical care. Take away the free schooling. Take away
the free welfare. Take away the jobs. What happens?

No more illegals. WOW!! What a simple solution!

No need for a border fence at the cost of hundreds of millions of tax
dollars.

Do you think this could work?

Don't forget to take away the citizenship of children born here illegally. the idea we reward them for their mother performing an illegal act is rediculous.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I thought this story was rather interesting:

Don Larsen, chairman of legislative District 65 for the Utah County Republican Party, had submitted a resolution warning that Satan’s minions want to eliminate national borders and do away with sovereignty. In a speech at the convention, Larsen told those gathered that illegal immigrants “hate American people” and “are determined to destroy this country, and there is nothing they won’t do.”
Illegal aliens are in control of the media, and working in tandem with Democrats, are trying to “destroy Christian America” and replace it with “a godless new world order — and that is not extremism, that is fact,” Larsen said. […]
Republican officials then allowed speakers to defend and refute the resolution. One speaker, who was identified as “Joe,” said illegal immigrants were Marxist and under the influence of the devil. Another, who declined to give her name to the Daily Herald, said illegal immigrants should not be allowed because “they are not going to become Republicans….”

moreluck

golden ticket member
This entire piece was attributed to Robin Williams.......however, according to Snopes.com, he only added the blurb after #10.

1) "The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past &present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo,
Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and the rest of those "good ole boys", we will
never "interfere" again.

2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting
with Germany , South Korea , the Middle East, and the Philippines . They
don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No oneallowed sneaking through holes in the fence.

3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and
leave.We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will
be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of whom or where they
. They're illegal!!! France will welcome them.

4)All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit!!!! No one from a terrorist nation will
be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available
to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5) No foreign "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home
baby.

6) The US will make a strong effort
to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil
in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while

7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go someplace else. They can go
somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells
filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world,
we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds,
rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.

9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island someplace. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building
would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no
one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer. The Language we speak is
ENGLISH...learn it...or LEAVE...Now, isn't that a winner of a plan?

"The Statue of Liberty is no longer
saying "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses." She's
got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'you want a piece of me?' "

moreluck

golden ticket member
So often, we get caught up in a debate over political semantics and end up
ignoring the hard-shell realities of what we're talking about.

According to <http://immigrationcounters.com/> immigrationCounters.com,

Here are some of the realities that Flake-Gutierrez Bill would airbrush out of the picture:

Number of Illegal Aliens in the Country

Money Wired to Mexico City since January, 2006
$22,213,001,672.00

Cost of Social Security Services for Illegal Aliens since 1996
$397,450,739,563.00

Number of C hildren of Illegal Aliens in Public Schools

Cost of Illegal Aliens in K-12 Since 1996:
$13, 965,063,431.00

Number of Illegal Aliens Incarcerated

Cost of Incarcerations Since 2001
$1,398,127,429.00

Number of Illegal Aliens Fugitives

Skilled Jobs Taken by Illegal Aliens

Figures can trick your eyes.
Take particular note that items 2,3,5, and 7 reflect BILLION not millions
of dollars and that item 3 exceeds one-t hi rd of a TRILLION dollars.

Can you imagine how much it will cost taxpayers if we triple the number of
Illegals entering t hi s country!!

So, What's in a Billion?.......

Granted................. this is from the US !

The next time you hear a politician use the word "billion" in a casual
manner, think about whether you want the "politicians" spending your tax
money.

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but one advertising agency
did a good job of putting that figure into some perspective in one of its
releases.

A. A billion seconds ago it was 1959.

B. A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.

C. A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.

D. A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.

E. A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and 20 minutes, at the rate our
government is spending it.

While this thought is still fresh in our brain, let's take a look at New
Orleans . It's amazing what you can learn with some simple division . .

Louisiana Senator, Mary Landrieu (D), is presently asking the Congress for
$250 BILLION to rebuild New Orleans . Interesting number, what does it
mean?

a. Well, if you are one of 484,674 residents of New Orleans (every man,
woman, child), y ou each get $516,528.

b. Or, if you have one of the 188,251 homes in New Orleans , your home
gets
$1,329,787.

c. Or, if you are a family of four, your family gets $2,066,012.

Washington , DC . .... HELLO!!! ... Are all your calculators broken??

This is too true.........And these numbers don't lie.........and, it's not funny!!!

WHAT AN EYE-OPENER!