*important*answers to wages in new nma

tieguy

Banned
here is a valid arguement i think all will agree to with a lick of common sense is this:
we should lower the wages of hoffa and his entire crew and dont forget hall to the $8.50 an hr. we all started at and make them go through the same wage progression we all go through...get on board and sell them out as they did us and then i would feel proud as we all should of the $10.25 a wk i pay into the dues coffer every week and the $4.75 and up the brothers and sisters pay then take the 6 figure salarys they make and divide them amongst us all and make it a permanent cola

you're assuming those folks never worked any type of entry level job at a low starting wage? The other poster above says part timers will be making 17 dollars an hour. Oh wait a minute that is you. Now I'm confused.

tieguy

Banned
I complain a lot. Let me ask you this are you really satisfied with the contract that just got ratified?

you realize you're about a year late don't you?

Since you have decided to become a contract advocate here how about telling us about your own personal involvement in the contract process last year.

what did you personally do to ensure a good contract last year?

drewed

Shankman
Many are confused about getting more than .35 cent Aug. 1st. Here are the answers:

-If you were hired 07-30-04 and back $4.00=avg. of $0.80 a yr.

-If you were hired 08-01-04 to 07-30-05 $5.37=avg. of $1.07 a yr.
-$15.87 an hr.

-If you were hired 08-01-05 to 07-30-06 $5.87=avg. of $1.17 a yr.
-$16.37 an hr.

-If you were hired 08-01-06 to 07-30-07 $6.37=avg. of $1.27 a yr.
-$16.87 an hr.

-If you were hired 08-01-07 to 07-29-08 $6.87=avg. of $1.37 a yr.
-$17.37 an hr.

-If you were hired 07-29-08 to 08-01-08 $7.37=avg. of $1.47 a yr.
-$17.87 an hr.

-If you were hired 08-02-08 and on $3.37=avg ofavg. of $0.67 a yr.
-$11.87 an hr

-better example is after twelve yrs with ups i will make $19.77 and a 5 yr vet will make $17.87 an hr. a $1.90 difference for 7 more yrs of service?

HOW DID THIS LOOPHOLE HAPPEN I WONDER IF UPS OR THE TEAMSTERS NOTICED THIS LOOPHOLE AND AS FAR AS I CAN TELL OUT OF THE 4000 PLUS TEAMSTERS AT MY HUB ABOUT 2500 OF THEM ARE IN LINE FOR THE $5.37 INCREASE AND UP AFTER 7 YRS WITH THE COMPANY I CURRENTLY MAKE $16.12 AN HR. HOW WILL SOMEONE WITH FIVE YRS MAKE $17.87 AN HR. THIS IS AN INCREDIBLE SLAP IN THE FACE WE ARE NOT UNIFIED AND ALL IN ALL WE ARE WEAK OUR UNION IS WEAK IF UPS WAS WILLING TO GIVE NEW HIRES AN RAISE OF OVER $7.00 DOLLARS A HR. WE ALL COULD HAVE GOT IT TOO!!!!!!!! NEXT TIME STAND TOGETHER AND VOTE DOWN EVERYTHING!!! WE NEED TO STRIKE **************** IMPEACH HOFFA HE IS A ******* WE MUST DEMAND AS FOLLOWS AND DAMN VOTE ME IN AND I WILL MAKE SURE WE GET:

-NEW HIRES STARTING PAY A MINIMUM OF $14.50 AND A $6.00 HIKE FOR EVERYONE ALREADY EMPLOYED

-A DAILY GAURANTEE OF 4 HRS FOR P/TIMERS

-A PENSION FOR P/T AND friend/T
-10YRS 35% OF BASE PAY
-20YRS 50% 0F BASE PAY
-25YRS 60% OF BASE PAY
-30YRS 70% OF BASE PAY
-35YRS 80% OF BASE PAY

-THE STOPING OF P/T LABOR(EXCEPT FOR STUDENTS ONLY 10% OF HUB WORKFORCE WILL BE ALLOWED TO HAVE P/T JOBS) WHEN P/T EMPLOYEES LEAVE COMPANY FOR ANY REASON AWARD THEIR JOB TO CURRENT P/T EMPLOYEE AND CREATE COMBO

- THE COMPLETE HALT OF ANY SUBCONTRACTING

-FINALLY THE DISMANTLING OF AUTOMATED HUBS AND ANY TECHNOLOGY THAT WILL DISPLACE US IN THE FUTURE

THIS IS ALL OBTAINABLE IF WE FIGHT TOGETHER AND QUIT SELLING EACH OTHER OUT SO ITS A BETTER RETIREMENT FOR ME AND SCREW WHOEVER IS AFTER OR PAY US AND FORGET ABOUT NEW HIRES

FIGHT UNIFY AND WIN 2013 WE CAN BREAK BROWNS BACK AND NEVER LET THIS OPPONENT RISE AGAIN BECAUSE IF WE KEEP PUSHING EVENTUALLY BROWN WILL FALL OFF THE CLIFF

lay off the crack pipe spanky, seriously its getting annoying

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Ha, a "catch-up" raise that's actually catching people up:teethy:. If in fact these numbers are for real (and I don't believe the language supports it), this goes a long way to leveling out the two-tier pay scale for PT (pre'82 & post'82 hire dates). After all, all FT, once through progression, are at the same top rate, other than premiums for training, pulling a TP60, or doubles/triples.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Reply on wages in new contract shady is 100% correct workers with 4yrs or more will only receive $4.00 over life of agreement. Individuals with less than 4 yrs will receive packages up to $7.00 something an hr. Info based off of Union leaders at my locals monthly meeting. How did the teamsters not notice this and demand this for all. A better question is did UPS not notice this? How did their lawyers let this get by? By the end of agreement i will have 12 yrs and be at $19.77 with no cola adjustments my wife that will have 6 yrs at the end of the agreement will be at $16.87 with skilled $1.00 included in both. That is a $1.90 difference in pay for double her time. Which im not complaining because it benefits our household and our children, but sheshhh!

A 3 year driver after done with progression makes the exact same wage as a 32 year driver. What makes you think you should always make more than a junior employee. Maybe it's time someone in your household moved on to a full time job.

BleedBrown33

To your remark i am a full-time LPN in the ER in my city on top of the 30 hrs a week i put in with UPS. My wife works part-time for something to do and rising gas costs. Also it takes 10-14 yrs at my center for friend/T work. People who assume things make an :censored2: out of thereselves!

J

JonFrum

. . . HOW DID THIS LOOPHOLE HAPPEN? I WONDER IF UPS OR THE TEAMSTERS NOTICED THIS LOOPHOLE? . . .

It's not a loophole. It didn't go unnoticed. It's official policy.

For decades Teamster and UPS negotiators have been trying to save the Company money by cutting wages. The concessionary bargaining "trick" they use is to make the cuts effective prospectively, that is, only for New Hires. The theory is the "unborn" aren't here yet, so few existing employees will care much about them. The unborn don't vote on contracts or in union elections. So every time a new contract is negotiated, there are more cuts for future employees; but the contract is sold to existing members as an agreement that not only avoided cuts to them, but even got them raises!

Instead of making the cuts permanent, which would have been too dramatic and not sellable, the cuts are for a limited time through a device called Progression. The progression scale holds out the possibility that a New Hire will climb the scale and be making full rate after three years, if you are a full-timer; or at least a better rate after five years, if you are a part-timer.

The progression raises are not merit raises. They are not intended to be fair. They are intended to catch-up the New Hire full-timer to where he should have been all along. And to partly catch-up the New Hire part-timer to his older co-workers.

New Hires get royally screwed, but the progression system limits the length and degree of the screwing with each passing year.

In the past, the general wage increases were bigger, ($1.00 in 2007.) This time, the 35-cent raise is small and looks even smaller when compared to someone getting those catch-up progression raises.

P

password reset

What's with all the hate-the-company stuff? This is a good place to be. Seriously, what kind of leader would send us over a cliff?

trickpony1

To your remark i am a full-time LPN in the ER in my city on top of the 30 hrs a week i put in with UPS. My wife works part-time for something to do and rising gas costs. Also it takes 10-14 yrs at my center for friend/T work. People who assume things make an :censored2: out of thereselves!

I'm hoping you are planning to progress to a RN, as I am sure you are aware of the different methods.
At some point, as a RN, you will be making as much if not more than a package driver and you will be using your brain, instead of your body, the work will be more fulfilling and you can actually control your future.
I have a close relative who is a RN and she is making more than this feeder driver and doesn't have to deal with the physical duress and nonsense.
Continue working PT for the benefits and relish the fact that you have other options.
(no sarcasm intended)
I'm on your side.
Good Luck.

BSUUPS

shady - your demands would simply wipe this company off the face of the planet - Why kill the goose that lays the golden egg? The teamsters NEED UPS to be a viable, sound and growing entity, ...can you not see this??? They know there is a tipping point for thier demands - think auto and airline industries...Do you think their unions were happy when they HAD to take concessions back to their memebership?

tieguy

Banned

yea thats what we are trying to say. You come in here and try to tell us how to negotiate a contract.