Improper Passing

PearlMaster

Right now I work as a sorter in my hub for almost 2 years. I also have been a saturday air driver for over a year. I am also on the list to be a full time driver.
As i was driving to work last week, I got pulled over for improper passing. An $80 fine. The cop said if I go to court I will not get any points. Will this effect my staus as a saturday air driver and/or my position on the list? I have a feeling I could plead to a municipal offense that woudn't even be a moving violation but will cost near $500. Can I have on my record a moving violation with no points or is that to much?

Mystakilla

Who the *$#@ cares.
Nahh your fine, especially without any points. Ive seen people get dui's and are still driving, dont worry bout a lil 80 dollar ticket. You dont even have to tell them you got a ticket, they wont have any proof and it wont show on your record since you have no points. dont worry bout it...just close the book and be done with it.

Now, more importantly...dont be passing people improperly!! :w00t:

SmithBarney

I had a speeding ticket 3 mos prior to going friend/T driver from Preload...
I wouldn't worry about it, but I would report it if you are required(I think we
were required once a year to update our records regarding tickets)

helenofcalifornia

I agree. Don't worry about it, but if you can get it so there are no points on your record, the more better. At the beginning of the year we were told that if we get into an accident at UPS it will now be reported to the DMV and count in points against us. Another good reason not to get into any unsafe moves at work.

Jagz

Your fine dont even mention it to them. I also have 2 guys in my building that were busted for DUI's and guess what, their back driving again.

brownrodster

Your fine dont even mention it to them. I also have 2 guys in my building that were busted for DUI's and guess what, their back driving again.

The problem may be in becoming FT. Right now he's fine as a pt saturday driver. However, when he reclassifies as full time driver they will request an abstract which will have this violation on it. I do not know if this particular violation will keep you from going FT. Talk to HR.

If you reclassify as full time and do not disclose this violation on your application and then they find it on your abstract they will fire you for dishonesty.

yurgref

The problem may be in becoming FT. Right now he's fine as a pt saturday driver. However, when he reclassifies as full time driver they will request an abstract which will have this violation on it. I do not know if this particular violation will keep you from going FT. Talk to HR.

If you reclassify as full time and do not disclose this violation on your application and then they find it on your abstract they will fire you for dishonesty.

UPS policy is 3 violations (pts) over 3 years, if you have more then this they will not let you be qualified for a driving position

As for this violation effecting your abilities to go full time is a non event. When I went full time 2.5 years ago,they never asked me to supply a copy of my DMV print out. You are already classified as a driver, all you are doing is changing your status from Part time --> Full time - DONT LOSE ANY SLEEP OVER IT!!!!