In case you missed it....APWA press

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Re: Rival union aims to replace Teamsters at UPS

When the vote takes place for them to take over :-) There will be a vote wether to keep them or not in the position of President and Vice President. Whats that of your concern right now ? Like the teamsters say they are not concerned and why should you of the APWA ? Seems like your really concerned about nothing eh 705red ? :ohmy:

No concern of his? He has every right to be asking questions about elections, etc. I'd be asking them too if I wasn't still waiting on some credible data (please keep out of this one, Saw). -Rocky

nospinzone

An answer to your attempt at diversion

705Red said:
Now little danny eason is the SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT of the apwa? Nospin when did this vote take place to elect van and danny to those high profile positions? Or did ups appoint them! I know you wont answer
In the beginning, which was shortly after the Teamsters/CS cut Danny, Van, and everyone elses benefits and increased the retirement age, there were no members. Danny and Van were the ones sitting with the lawyers writing the bylaws, probably much like Hoffa Sr. had to when he initially formed his union from the ground up. And the bylaws provide that all positions will be up for election directly by the membership within the first five years AFTER NLRB certification. The APWA will not be run by an aristocracy/dictatorship like the IBT.

Attempting to hold officer elections now while still collecting authorization cards and traveling to different centers holding meetings would be financially draining, add confusion to the process, and distract the APWA from the purpose at hand..... to provide a meaningful alternative to the IBT and improve the situation the IBT has led the UPS employees into. This is the goal of your question here.
To distract.

RockyRogue said:
I'd be asking them too if I wasn't still waiting on some credible data

What credible data are you looking for? Please state your question in a clear, concise manner so that I may help you.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Re: An answer to your attempt at diversion

What credible data are you looking for? Please state your question in a clear, concise manner so that I may help you.

Ahhhhh, FINALLY, some answers!!! I'm looking for credible statistical data on APWA's progress with the card check effort, which is just a start. Saw and Co. keep blaring the horn that things are "well-ahead of plan," etc, etc, et-al. I've requested this information several times but have been told to "be patient." I await this information, Nospin. My PM box has room for any number of messages. Once again, I ask Saw to stay out of this one. -Rocky

nospinzone

Well, Im probably going to dissappoint you if your'e looking for a number in my response, because I don't have a number for you. I haven't asked Van or Danny for a number because they've told me that they don't have the time to continually recount all the cards while working 40+ hours a week and talking endlessly on the phone. I mean, imagine the size of this undertaking they have started. They need around 80,000 cards. Ya can't preoccupy yourself with continually re-counting. I can sit here and blow smoke up your ass all day about how few or how many cards they have, but at the end of the day, the only number that matters is the one that the NLRB counts when the APWA submits the cards to them..... which will happen once they have the 30% or the 51%. And they have until July 31, 2008 to collect cards. You may not like that answer, but that's the best we can do for ya.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change

Well, Im probably going to dissappoint you if your'e looking for a number in my response, because I don't have a number for you. I haven't asked Van or Danny for a number because they've told me that they don't have the time to continually recount all the cards while working 40+ hours a week and talking endlessly on the phone.

No, not a disappointment. I'd call it an evasion and a good one at that. I'll await firm statistical numbers before I pass any judgements. As I told Saw, my patience will last forever if necessary. That having been said, don't expect reasonable, intelligent people to pay any attention to your claims of gangbusters success with card-signing until you give this statistical data AND relevant correct math to back it up. I despise math but I can figure out these stats. Just seeing numbers would probably tell me a lot. A calculator, pen/paper and a few minutes to check your numbers would certainly do it. In fact, in all likelihood, anyone with an 8th grade education could figure out these stats. Just remember this, Nospin & Company: you have 14 months from today to get what you need. A year from now, if you're still refusing to give these numbers, you will have lost all credibility. Now, Saw, Goose and Co. can chime in. I await your answers. -Rocky

J

JonFrum

Five Points . . .

Anyone vested in an existing Teamsters-sponsored pension plan will remain a member until death. (And if your surviving spouse qualifies, you are even a "member" after death as well.) So if the fund has restrictive retirement work rules, these rules will still apply to you, even if a portion of your pension is paid by a second monthly check by an APWA pension fund or a new Teamsters/UPS pension fund. The APWA fund's lack of retirement work restrictions is a great policy, but it will be *irrevelant* if you must still comply with the Central States restrictions to get your Central States monthly check.
- - -
If it bothers you that Central States assets were mismanaged by those Wall Street investment firms, how do you feel about the fact that UPS used/uses those *very same firms* to manage the investments of the UPS Pension Plan (for Central States part-timers) and the UPS Retirement Plan (for management)?
- - -
The APWA claims to be organizing UPSers nationwide, but almost everything they say references just the Central States situation. They often talk as if what is true of Central States is true of us all. Maybe the APWA will petition the NLRB to declare the Central States Area as a seperate bargaining unit. Then they could submit cards just from that area and have a Representation Election just in the Central States area. What do you think?
- - -
Why have so few people voted for the APWA in the online Brown Cafe polls? (I realize non-registered people can't vote in polls, but presumably, someone who felt strongly might register just to qualify to vote in the poll.)
- - -
The APWA can submit a petition for an NLRB election so long as a new, signed Teamster/UPS contract is not in place. There's no guarantee that the new Teamster/UPS contract will be in effect on August 1st, 2008. It could be later, if negotiations drag on, or it could be earlier if early negotiations yield early results. Does anyone know for sure what the rules are? It seems Hoffa could agree to a UPS proposal at any time, declare it the "Very Bestest Contract Ever," sell it to the members, and if the contract passes, APWA is stopped dead in its tracks. If Hoffa needed to, he *could* have done this anytime during the last six month, though that may have been hard to sell. My point is, Hoffa can shut down the APWA at any time as long as he is willing to accept whatever UPS has on the table at that time. Conversely, UPS can keep the APWA alive by draging out negotiations, even beyond the expiration date. I'm wondering what APWA can do? Do they have up until a contract is actually ratified to submit their petition? Can they block the ratification process by submiting a petition first, before the final ballots are counted? These endgame rules may make all the difference. Anyone know for sure what they are? I do know once a contract is ratified, no NLRB election is possible for almost another three years.

nospinzone

Numbers....

From the horses mouth.....

The Louisville Courier said:
The Association of Parcel Workers of America hopes to collect about 73,000 signatures -- representing about 30 percent of the eligible UPS workers nationwide -- to prompt the vote under federal labor laws.

More than 5,000 employees have returned signed cards, and several thousand more will be distributed in the next few weeks, APWA President Van Skillman said in a telephone interview.
SOURCE
bilde.jpg

RockyRogue

Agent of Change

From the horses mouth.....

OK, that's fair. I'll take it. Care to give me a timeline--in terms of how long it took to get those 5,000? Other pro-APWA posters, unless you have what I want, let Nospin answer this one, please. I'm formulating a couple more questions I have, too. -Rocky

705red

Browncafe Steward

When the vote takes place for them to take over :-) There will be a vote wether to keep them or not in the position of President and Vice President. Whats that of your concern right now ? Like the teamsters say they are not concerned and why should you of the APWA ? Seems like your really concerned about nothing eh 705red ? :ohmy:
Goose trust me im not concerned, but some oy your other puppeters have stated that those positions are elected positions. Just wanting to know when the election was?

705red

Browncafe Steward

In the beginning, which was shortly after the Teamsters/CS cut Danny, Van, and everyone elses benefits and increased the retirement age, there were no members. Danny and Van were the ones sitting with the lawyers writing the bylaws, probably much like Hoffa Sr. had to when he initially formed his union from the ground up. And the bylaws provide that all positions will be up for election directly by the membership within the first five years AFTER NLRB certification. The APWA will not be run by an aristocracy/dictatorship like the IBT.

Attempting to hold officer elections now while still collecting authorization cards and traveling to different centers holding meetings would be financially draining, add confusion to the process, and distract the APWA from the purpose at hand..... to provide a meaningful alternative to the IBT and improve the situation the IBT has led the UPS employees into. This is the goal of your question here.
To distract.

Nospin you keep spinning! You say we are in a dictatorship but i know for a fact that a fair ELECTION was held and someone won, how is that a dictatorship? Lets see you spin this one!

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE

Goose trust me im not concerned, but some oy your other puppeters have stated that those positions are elected positions. Just wanting to know when the election was?
The vote for offices will take place after the decertification of teamsters. As you know there was no election for Danny and Van yet but self appointed until we are formed. Now are you satisfied. Hey Red do you know what Michael Jackson does to relax ? He blows bubbles ! :laugh:

30andout

The vote for offices will take place after the decertification of teamsters. As you know there was no election for Danny and Van yet but self appointed until we are formed. Now are you satisfied. Hey Red do you know what Michael Jackson does to relax ? He blows bubbles ! :laugh:
GOOD ONE GOOSE:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

705red

Browncafe Steward

Ok let me move into your fairyland world for a minute and ask this question again! Where will the money come from to hold this magical election of officers?

Are you changing your screen name to more of a manly name? Bubbles?

nospinzone

OK, that's fair. I'll take it. Care to give me a timeline--in terms of how long it took to get those 5,000? Other pro-APWA posters, unless you have what I want, let Nospin answer this one, please. I'm formulating a couple more questions I have, too. -Rocky

Pension and Investments Online said:
The Association of Parcel Workers of America kicked off its campaign to replace the Teamsters union as labor representative at United Parcel Service of America Inc. and take control of UPS employees’ share of more than $50 billion assets in Teamster multiemployer pension funds and more than $1 billion in annual UPS contributions.
SOURCE

705Red said:
Nospin you keep spinning! You say we are in a dictatorship but i know for a fact that a fair ELECTION was held and someone won, how is that a dictatorship? Lets see you spin this one!
That is me exercising my opinion. And its an opinion that I am sure is shared by a large number of the people who visit BrownCafe.

705red

Browncafe Steward

That is me exercising my opinion. And its an opinion that I am sure is shared by a large number of the people who visit BrownCafe.
So when a fair election is to be held under your apwa rules that to will be a dictatorship? Now are you not spining that people feel like this is a dictatorship? People can be upset and feel wronged while at the same time understand that the people spoke and elected someone their not happy with. That by no means implies your sentiment for others as you feel they should feel.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change

Nospin, I think I'm confused. What's hard to understand about a request to know how long it took to get your 5,000 cards? I'm working on my questions. -Rocky

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE

Nospin, I think I'm confused. What's hard to understand about a request to know how long it took to get your 5,000 cards? I'm working on my questions. -Rocky
Hey Rocky why the interest in calculating ? Hey how long will it take for Central States to dry up if someone doesn`t fix it ? Well your operative word is "I think i`m comfused" thats a Rocky Quote. Goin to miss ya when ya head back to the books- You proved you have to much free time here for sure !:tongue_sm

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE

Ok let me move into your fairyland world for a minute and ask this question again! Where will the money come from to hold this magical election of officers?

Are you changing your screen name to more of a manly name? Bubbles?
Your sounding more like a BA everyday Red ?
Ours keep steping on their privates too ! Your words can make or break a persons decision on the APWA and i thank you for that. Keep up the kind words !:tongue_sm