In case you never hear from me again....

over9five

Staff member
I got this today:

Dear Comcast High-Speed Internet Subscriber:

Comcast has received a notification by a copyright owner, or its authorized agent, reporting an alleged infringement of one or more copyrighted works made on or over Comcast's High-Speed Internet service (the 'Service'). The copyright owner has identified the Internet Protocol ('IP') address associated with your Service account at the time as the source of the infringing works. The works identified by the copyright owner in its notification are listed below. Comcast reminds you that use of the Service (or any part of the Service) in any manner that constitutes an infringement of any copyrighted work is a violation of Comcast's Acceptable Use Policy and may result in the suspension or termination of your Service account.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I got this today:

Dear Comcast High-Speed Internet Subscriber:

Comcast has received a notification by a copyright owner, or its authorized agent, reporting an alleged infringement of one or more copyrighted works made on or over Comcast's High-Speed Internet service (the 'Service'). The copyright owner has identified the Internet Protocol ('IP') address associated with your Service account at the time as the source of the infringing works. The works identified by the copyright owner in its notification are listed below. Comcast reminds you that use of the Service (or any part of the Service) in any manner that constitutes an infringement of any copyrighted work is a violation of Comcast's Acceptable Use Policy and may result in the suspension or termination of your Service account.

I thought you are the You-Tube dude?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Over,

We got the same letter from Cox Communications from when we downloaded a movie or song.....can't remember.

Hubby sent a letter of apology claiming dumbness and nothing more was heard. Of course, you do have to stop downloading:peaceful:.

over9five

Staff member
Over,

We got the same letter from Cox Communications from when we downloaded a movie or song.....can't remember.

Hubby sent a letter of apology claiming dumbness and nothing more was heard. Of course, you do have to stop downloading:peaceful:.

Thanks, More. Do you really think I should send a letter?

Oh yeah....Katy Perry- Hot n Cold mp3...... Wasn't me!!!!

over9five

Staff member
Kids using limewire? Or was it YOU!

Ha! I don't know. I did notice Limewire was on this computer, but me and wifey never used it. I think it's from before the kids got laptops.
Anyhow, I removed it.

Daughter says it wasn't her. The email gives you the exact time it happened (allegedly). Yesterday at 3:32 PM.

I guess all computers at the same house use the same ip???

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
From how I understand it, they catch you if you upload, not if you are just downloading.

When using file sharing programs, your preferences have to be set so you do not share. Ironic, huh?

Ofcourse, I am not encouraging bad behavior.

rod

Retired 22 years
Add this that was on the news this morning:

Student Ordered to Pay $675,000 for Illegal Downloads

When the cybercops come calling, I'm just going to point at the (adult) kids!

There is also the case in Minnesota where the single young mom was found guilty (twice- counting the appeal) and was fined over a million bucks. She could have settled for $5,000 but some fancy lawyer convinced her she should fight it. Who knows how that one is going to end up. Personally I think she is headed for the electric chair