In desperate need of a UPS employee's help

Ralitza

I'm not a UPS employee, however I'm in depeserate need of an employee's help.

Long story short:

I sold an expensive laptop on eBay. Buyer requested I use their shipping label, and I was fine with it as long as it was going to their confirmed address, insured, and required a signature. Once the package was sent, the buyer rerouted it to a whole different state. I requested the package be sent to the shipper(confirmed with UPS twice it would go to the address on the shipping label). Guess not, it's going to E&C Medical(Perigen) in New York(address of UPS account owner). On top of that, the PayPal account holder is claiming identity theft.

I called the UPS account holder this morning(10/11) and turns out their New York location is vacant! I'm sure the scammer knows this and is going to be waiting in front of the building to sign for the package. The receptionist at the company told me she would contact UPS - when she has a chance. I'm sure she'll do her best, but I need to do everything in my power as well.

If possible, I need the package to be immediately stopped and returned to the New Jersey owner holder's address or the original address it was shipped from (Las Vegas).

UPS tracking #:
1ZYR92153598286313

You can tell just by tracking this package there's a lot of unusual activity.

Please do anything possible not to get this package delivered. You may message me through this website, and I'll be happy to provide you with my telephone number. Please call and confirm this information with account holder.

Thank you.

beentheredonethat

The problem you are going to have is we do the delv intercepts etc based on what the shipper tells us (and technically you aren't the shipper) since you used someone else's label. I wouldn't wait to get help on this from our side. the only chance you'll have is if you t/w ups directly 1-800-pick-ups. See if you can get them to let you speak with a person from loss prevention. That may be your only hope of getting the laptop back. No one here will be able to do anything more.

Ralitza

The problem you are going to have is we do the delv intercepts etc based on what the shipper tells us (and technically you aren't the shipper) since you used someone else's label. I wouldn't wait to get help on this from our side. the only chance you'll have is if you t/w ups directly 1-800-pick-ups. See if you can get them to let you speak with a person from loss prevention. That may be your only hope of getting the laptop back. No one here will be able to do anything more.

I called UPS a few times over the weekend and was told I would receive a call from the fraud department. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened yet. I will definitely call again, and hopefully someone can help me.

Thank you for your response.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I'm not a UPS employee, however I'm in depeserate need of an employee's help.

Long story short:

I sold an expensive laptop on eBay. Buyer requested I use their shipping label, and I was fine with it as long as it was going to their confirmed address, insured, and required a signature. Once the package was sent, the buyer rerouted it to a whole different state. I requested the package be sent to the shipper(confirmed with UPS twice it would go to the address on the shipping label). Guess not, it's going to E&C Medical(Perigen) in New York(address of UPS account owner). On top of that, the PayPal account holder is claiming identity theft.

I called the UPS account holder this morning(10/11) and turns out their New York location is vacant! I'm sure the scammer knows this and is going to be waiting in front of the building to sign for the package. The receptionist at the company told me she would contact UPS - when she has a chance. I'm sure she'll do her best, but I need to do everything in my power as well.

If possible, I need the package to be immediately stopped and returned to the New Jersey owner holder's address or the original address it was shipped from (Las Vegas).

UPS tracking #:
1ZYR92153598286313

You can tell just by tracking this package there's a lot of unusual activity.

Please do anything possible not to get this package delivered. You may message me through this website, and I'll be happy to provide you with my telephone number. Please call and confirm this information with account holder.

Thank you.

You have no rights I am aware of, as you used their account number. The only suggestion I can think of is call the police in the town that the package is being delivered to and tell them you are a victim of fraud and explain the situation. Perhaps the police can be waiting at the false addresses front down right alongside the scammer?

Ralitza

You have no rights I am aware of, as you used their account number. The only suggestion I can think of is call the police in the town that the package is being delivered to and tell them you are a victim of fraud and explain the situation. Perhaps the police can be waiting at the false addresses front down right alongside the scammer?

I was just hoping someone can call the UPS account holder and speed things up. The receptionist said she will call, but I don't know... I just can't solely rely on that. I will call UPS / the account holder again.

Thank you for your response.

fethrs

1 800 PICK UPS explain the situation and ask to have the package RTS (return to shipper) I don't think there is anyone here that can do call for you. I may be wrong but the UPS number might help.

Ralitza

1 800 PICK UPS explain the situation and ask to have the package RTS (return to shipper) I don't think there is anyone here that can do call for you. I may be wrong but the UPS number might help.

It's already on its way to the shipper, however they have two addresses on file and it's headed to their old/vacant one. I just called, and again was told the shipper would need to call in to make further changes. I requested UPS call the shipper, but apparently they can't make out bound calls. I just emailed the account holder once again. I'm honestly starting to feel like the person I spoke to might have something to do with this. Best part is the person that original rerouted the package to Maryland used the receptionist's name. Maybe it was the receptionist! I've contacted others that I found associated with PeriGen, Inc but haven't received a reply yet.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Have you also contacted PayPal? I would expect they would have more open communication lines with UPS & police.

Ralitza

Have you also contacted PayPal? I would expect they would have more open communication lines with UPS & police.
Yes, PayPal has been contacted - they actually flagged the transaction as fraudulent the day AFTER I shipped. Yet, they told me it was safe to ship:dissapointed:. If I wait for PayPal to resolve this issue, I'll be left without my money and my computer. They're absolutely horrible when it comes to this kind of stuff. They actually deleted ALL of the evidence I sent them and opened a new 'unauthorized charge' dispute.

The UPS account holder has called UPS and noted their account # is being used fraudulently and the package needs to go back to me. UPS can't say for sure if it will until it arrives in PA. The account holder is suppose to receive a phone call from UPS's fraud department by the end of today. I'm going to be calling UPS every 2 hours until I know for sure I'm getting my computer back.

klein

Für Meno :)
Is it going to Periagan, NY ?

You might get lucky (if everything else fails), that one of the managers or drivers, employers from that center, might come accross your posting, and be able to catch it , before the send it out.

But, yes, call 1800 number again, before they close (think 7pm).

Ralitza

Is it going to Periagan, NY ?

You might get lucky (if everything else fails), that one of the managers or drivers, employers from that center, might come accross your posting, and be able to catch it , before the send it out.

But, yes, call 1800 number again, before they close (think 7pm).

I couldn't locate that city on Google? It's going to New York, NY - Madison Ave.

Also, apparently the company that holds the UPS account # has been through this before. They said UPS did something to fix it so it won't happen again? Well, it happened once again. I hope they close their account this time.

klein

I couldn't locate that city on Google? It's going to New York, NY - Madison Ave.

No, I just took that name from your first posting. There is a very small chance someone from that center is on this site.
But, it looks like 1800 seems to be working for you.

E&C Medical(Perigen) in New York(address of UPS account owner).

Ralitza

No, I just took that name from your first posting. There is a very small chance someone from that center is on this site.
But, it looks like 1800 seems to be working for you.

Perigen(formally E&C Medical) is the company name.

Someone from UPS in Las Vegas just contacted me, and said NY has been notified! I'm getting the computer back. OMG!! I can finally rest, and not worry. I honestly couldn't sleep over this.

Many thanks to everyone who replied!

klein

Perigen(formally E&C Medical) is the company name.

Someone from UPS in Las Vegas just contacted me, and said NY has been notified! I'm getting the computer back. OMG!! I can finally rest, and not worry. I honestly couldn't sleep over this.

Many thanks to everyone who replied!

Just remember, if you would have used the post office or greyhound, the return probably wouldn't have been possible.
UPS is worth the extra couple bucks.

And on behalf of all of us, you're welcome !

Ralitza

Just remember, if you would have used the post office or greyhound, the return probably wouldn't have been possible.
UPS is worth the extra couple bucks.

And in behalf of all of us, you're welcome !

I'll definitely keep that mind. This experience was totally not worth the $40 I would've spent had I purchased my own label. Wow, honestly I'm so relived. Best part is, I'm getting it shipped to work and the owner is very well known around the city. With that said, I'm sure UPS Las Vegas will put a little 'rush' on getting it to me:wink2:.

The tracking hasn't been updated yet, so I'm going to keep checking back with UPS until it lists Las Vegas as its destination.

Next thing to do is, complete my report to IC3.Gov.

BROWN430

I just checked on this and it said as of today is was returned to sender. I hope you get it back and the problem is solved.