In Hub forever?

Fergalicious

The first time around, my sups made it known that I did my job pretty well as far as quality and speed went. It took no time for them to start letting me cross train and move around. When you're there long enough and they know your work ethic, they'll acknowledge it - you just have to communicate with them and let em know! Ask your supervisor the process it will take to become a driver and they'll let you know, or if you go to the job website, there should be some postings.

@all who replied to me. I'm aware of seniority being a big part in a union but cmon; Some people just don't deserve the position over a hard worker with lower seniority. The company can use that person for their benefit then the higher seniority person who isn't well rounded at all

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
@all who replied to me. I'm aware of seniority being a big part in a union but cmon; Some people just don't deserve the position over a hard worker with lower seniority. The company can use that person for their benefit then the higher seniority person who isn't well rounded at all
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1445304525.151432.jpg

So, someone who has given the company years of good service should be bypassed by a younger person who is faster? Even though the experienced person is fast enough? Seniority keeps people from being screwed over by favoritism.
Yeah, sometimes a lazy person may get over on you. But seniority protects you more than it hurts you. Period. In my eyes.
I agree with your last opinion sentence

T

Turdferguson

That person with seniority has paved the way for that "hard working" less seniority person. If not for the people before you or I there would not be the profitable company that we all enjoy the benefits of. That is the thing that sickens me with what is going on with the pension plan now.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Having seniority only guarantees a shot at the driver position. You still have to qualify. Slugs have a way of washing out while the cream rises to the top.

Rainman

Its all good.
I'll pull numbers out of the sky just to say what if. Say, you are 22 years old, and a great worker. Another guy is 35 years old, a good worker, been with the company for 10 years,but no longer as fast as you. He never went full time for whatever reason.
Why should you get a shot at driving before him? Yeah, you're faster, but he's fast enough to satisfy the company. He's able to do the job, but not as fast as you. Somewhere, somehow, being a faithful worker has to count for something. This is one of the main purposes of having a union, to make things at least somewhat fair.
What do you think will happen to you in a few years, when you can no longer make production at the same rate? Should you be bypassed for future opportunities just because someone else is a great worker? Not trying to put you down, but you need to think about this a little more. Your thinking is a bit shortsighted. Take a look at the big picture.

PT Car Washer

I believe UPS would like its drivers to have a little bit of seasoning and maturity. Sometimes 22 year olds do not always use good judgment. Joeboodog hit the nail on the head with his comment.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Maybe youre looking for a job
More like FedEx ground?