In Memoriam: Andrew Breitbart (1969-2012)

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=4]In Memoriam: Andrew Breitbart (1969-2012)[/h] by Larry Solov
With a terrible feeling of pain and loss we announce the passing of Andrew Breitbart. Andrew passed away unexpectedly from natural causes shortly after midnight this morning in Los Angeles. We have lost a husband, a father, a son, a brother, a dear friend, a patriot and a happy warrior .
Andrew recently wrote a new conclusion to his book, Righteous Indignation:
I love my job. I love fighting for what I believe in. I love having fun while doing it. I love reporting stories that the Complex refuses to report. I love fighting back, I love finding allies, and—famously—I enjoy making enemies.
Three years ago, I was mostly a behind-the-scenes guy who linked to stuff on a very popular website. I always wondered what it would be like to enter the public realm to fight for what I believe in. I’ve lost friends, perhaps dozens. But I’ve gained hundreds, thousands—who knows?—of allies. At the end of the day, I can look at myself in the mirror, and I sleep very well at night.

In Memoriam: Andrew Breitbart (1969-2012) - Big Government

moreluck

golden ticket member
I also posted this event under Life After Brown.......totally shocked by this one.

As I have been hearing some interviews this morning from his friends, it sounds as if he didn't take real good care of himself and had a few heart issues.

He was taking a walk late last night, he collapsed, someone saw him fall and called the paramedics. 43 is soooo young.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Im not shocked. Sometimes in life you bring about your own fate with your actions. Ill wait for the toxicology results before Ill accept that it was a natural cause of death. Im placing my money on a bad batch of cocaine and a cocaine induced heart attack. He was in Los Angeles walking outside after midnight in 35 degree weather and who does that?

Lets wait and see.

Peace.

TOS

island1fox

Tos,

Does it really matter what the cause of death ?? A fairly young person, a father of four is dead. Different political views from yours -so what.

There is enough hatred in the world --why do we always seem to want to produce more ??

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Tos,

Does it really matter what the cause of death ?? A fairly young person, a father of four is dead. Different political views from yours -so what.

There is enough hatred in the world --why do we always seem to want to produce more ??

Did you realize who you replied to?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Tos,

While I loathed Breitbart's opinions and tactics, it is indeed tragic when anyone that young passes away, especially someone with young kids. I disagreed with him, and found him disagreeable, but having the ability to speak freely was his right.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
He apparently had some heart problems, and he always looked to me like he was in terrible shape physically. It always puzzles me why these people with access to all kinds of resources don't take better care of themselves, especially if they already know they are risk.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Whether you liked him or not, he proved that the internet can be a powerful force in politics. He was born in Hollywood and grew up as a Liberal. He got fed up with the Democrats after the way Clarence Thomas was treated in his confirmation. He helped Matt Drudge edit The Drudge Report, as well as worked on The Huffington Post. I don't agree with some of his video editing, but its the same thing the mainstream media does. 43 is way too young to die, its bad he apparently didn't take better care of himself.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Did you realize who you replied to?
We do not have the results, I dont know that there will be a toxicology report> Who walks in 35 degree weather? People with balls that clank, people trying to do what their doctors tell them to, why at 2 am, maybe that is the only time he had. Maybe they were working till then.
yes to me he always looked ashen and grey, No blood flow, heart problem, yes that would cause that.
Working too hard on a cause he believed in, no time for a haircut...maybe that was not important to him.
heart attack at 43, must be cocaine, no doubt in your mind. Haha Did you ever hear of heredity?
3 things
heredity
lifetstyle
luck
you only control one of those.
Good luck.
I will miss his work, I love corruption exposed.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
In los angeles, a HOT load of bad cocaine will cause heart attacks suddenly. It happens all the time. Maybe he bought a "hot load" thinking it was good cocaine only to cause his own heart failure and ending his own life?

Its a way of life on the streets of Los Angeles. Cocaine is easy to buy, unfortunately, its bad.

Maybe he got the jitters late that night and decided to try and walk it off in 35 degree freezing cold and it killed him. Only time and the coroner will know. Hopefully, the family will authorize an autopsy.

The last thing on his blogs should be the manner of his death.

Peace.

TOS

bbsam

Staff member
There is more to taking care of oneself than not over dosing on drugs like Whitney. Tragic, but I'm suddenly over this death as well.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We do not have the results, I dont know that there will be a toxicology report> Who walks in 35 degree weather? People with balls that clank, people trying to do what their doctors tell them to, why at 2 am, maybe that is the only time he had. Maybe they were working till then.
yes to me he always looked ashen and grey, No blood flow, heart problem, yes that would cause that.
Working too hard on a cause he believed in, no time for a haircut...maybe that was not important to him.
heart attack at 43, must be cocaine, no doubt in your mind. Haha Did you ever hear of heredity?
3 things
heredity
lifetstyle
luck
you only control one of those.
Good luck.
I will miss his work, I love corruption exposed.
Both stories on remembering him (Greg Gutfeld & Bob Beckel) involved bar stories. Just before he got home that night he had a (just under 2 hour) conversation in The Brentwood (bar) with a guy that he sat next to. Sounds as if drinking was a big part of his life.