In the event of hyperinflation, are we frozen for years until a new contract?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
hat's why I vote only for conservatives that are committed to cutting the deficit. And those are few and far between.
Even if a lot of those conservatives are anti union?
This is a very disturbing response to the most serious problem this country has ever faced.
I think Pearl Harbor, Cuban Missile Crisis, and 9/11 were a little more serious.
Lot's of smart ass comments. This is why we are $18,400,000,000,000.00 in debt. People don't care.
No it's because the same thing has been said for decades. 30 years ago they were saying we'd be broke as a nation by 2000. Now they're saying 2030. Fact of the matter is it is the same story all the time.
Jl your best bet would be to go back to community college finish there continue on get a bs or bs then a masters and phd teach in college
Forget that. He can be a bean counter for UPS. He'd make a fortune telling my center manager I cost the company money every time I walk through the door.

This isn't Zimbabwe. 1 buck isn't going to equal 3 quadrillion dollars tomorrow. We have debt because it gives our politicians cover. They can say we can't afford it. Then they make connections with other nations who hold our debt. Yeah, it's a massive number. But it isn't crippling. Hyper inflation also isn't going to happen overnight. Look at the dollar right now. It's sky high. China devaluing their currency is a bigger threat than hyperinflation.

SCV good to go sir.

Nothing you can do about it unless you want to start stockpiling supplies for the apocalypse. Remember those tards that bought tons and tons of :censored2: for Y2K? Look, I used to share similar concerns to the ones you've voiced and I can honestly say I feel a lot better and happier not caring about that stuff anymore. If it happens, it happens. I'll make adjustments to changing conditions (god I love that phrase). I find it better to not worry about negative stuff and instead try to adopt a more positive attitude, because the only thing we can ever truly control in any situation is our attitude.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
c90380cf8bba81dee83d036a0441abe00a141b03816a95d4ac83f2197cabb0b7.jpg

jaker

trolling
This is a very disturbing response to the most serious problem this country has ever faced. If you think we are immune to economic fundamentals, then keep dreaming. Do you really think that $100's of trillions worth in unfunded liabilities isn't a bit of a problem? In 8 short years, we have added more to the federal debt than the previous 232 years combined. And it's going to really begin compounding with the baby boom retirement phase. In just 10 years, we'll be looking at $30+ trillion in debt.

Was your world filled with unicorns in 2008 right before half of your 401k evaporated? You were laughing if anyone suggested any economic problems might be on the horizon. Well, even that was nothing mainly because the government artificially threw trillions at the problem and masked some deep problems. What happens when there's no more band-aids to use?
And what are we supposed to do about it , we don't have a voice in this matter so all we can do is sit back and survive

box_beeyotch

Forget stock piling necessary goods. Stock pile on guns and ammunition for when anarchy breaks out, with the direction gun laws are headed wouldn't be a bad idea to start doing so yesterday.

JL 0513

It doesn't bother anyone that it takes ALL the tax revenue from 27,000,000 average middle class Americans just to service the interest on our debt each year? 27 million of us work hard and pay taxes, only to have it poured into a black hole for nothing.

That's $230,000,000,000.00 a year just in interest. The average taxpayer pays $8,500/yr.

The interest is projected to triple in less than 10 years too. Good times!

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It doesn't bother anyone that it takes ALL the tax revenue from 27,000,000 average middle class Americans just to service the interest on our debt each year? 27 million of us work hard and pay taxes, only to have it poured into a black hole for nothing.

That's $230,000,000,000.00 a year just in interest. The average taxpayer pays $8,500/yr.

Nope.

Why waste your time worrying?

JL 0513

Like I said if it happens then my focus shifts to survival.

You're worried about something you can't control. Waste of time.

We are a very long way from being Greece.

It's not about worrying about something. I don't sit around worrying all day. I'm talking about what's happening now with our hard earned money. The idea that you don't care at all about giving lots of your money just to pay interest to foreign countries is mind boggling. This is especially odd coming from people who are fiscally responsible in their own life, which it seems most drivers here are.

It seems that you're fine with passing the problem to your children? Do you have kids? Tell them, "hey, we're a long way from Greece". That long way is when they are adults. Let them deal with it, right?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's not about worrying about something. I don't sit around worrying all day. I'm talking about what's happening now with our hard earned money. The idea that you don't care at all about giving lots of your money just to pay interest to foreign countries is mind boggling. This is especially odd coming from people who are fiscally responsible in their own life, which it seems most drivers here are.

It seems that you're fine with passing the problem to your children? Do you have kids? Tell them, "hey, we're a long way from Greece". That long way is when they are adults. Let them deal with it, right?
Now your changing your tune.

Do we need to control our debt yes. Would I like to a balanced budget yes but a large surplus also posses problems.

You started the thread talking about hyperinflation happening soon. Ain't gonna happen and in the crazy event that it does. We will have much bigger problems.

Like my wife always asks about how safe our money is in the stock market no always tell her we could lose every dime but if we do having no money will be low on our list of problems.

JL 0513

Now your changing your tune.

Do we need to control our debt yes. Would I like to a balanced budget yes but a large surplus also posses problems.

You started the thread talking about hyperinflation happening soon. Ain't gonna happen and in the crazy event that it does. We will have much bigger problems.

Like my wife always asks about how safe our money is in the stock market no always tell her we could lose every dime but if we do having no money will be low on our list of problems.

I never suggested that hyperinflation is coming soon, although anything is possible. I personally don't believe we are that close to such a crisis but the point is that it WILL happen and we are doing nothing to at least slow the massive debt growth. It's disgraceful that we are setting our children up for disaster because we want everything now.

It's sad if you point out a real problem, the tin foil hat comments come flying. I'm based in reality. This is a reality. The only thing in question is the time table.

The thread was supposed to answer a question regarding whether our contracts locked us into stated wages no matter what, including massive market changes. That question hasn't been answered in 4 pages. Wasn't necessarily asking just about the current contract but if the dollar saw a collapse during future contracts.

Browndriver5

I never suggested that hyperinflation is coming soon, although anything is possible. I personally don't believe we are that close to such a crisis but the point is that it WILL happen and we are doing nothing to at least slow the massive debt growth. It's disgraceful that we are setting our children up for disaster because we want everything now.

It's sad if you point out a real problem, the tin foil hat comments come flying. I'm based in reality. This is a reality. The only thing in question is the time table.

The thread was supposed to answer a question regarding whether our contracts locked us into stated wages no matter what, including massive market changes. That question hasn't been answered in 4 pages. Wasn't necessarily asking just about the current contract but if the dollar saw a collapse during future contracts.

You said it would happen before 2018 and possibly next year...

JL 0513

You said it would happen before 2018 and possibly next year...

No I didn't. Go back and reread. Amazing how things get twisted so easily. I was talking about a hypothetical for the sake of discussion. The year 2018 was used as the passing of the next contract.

I personally believe in the resilience of the American economic machine. The greatest in the world. But that can only take us so far.

JL 0513

The contact question was answered in the first few responses.

I saw the responses and all three conflict.

First response: Yes, wage freeze no matter what.
2nd response: COLA increase.
You then pointed out that a COLA isn't in the contract

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

for most people it is too daunting to look at the overall picture you are talking about.

the best thing to do is take care of your family. my parents grew up during the "Great Depression " and told us kids many stories. they were frugal all their lives. did not take on any debt except for house, stocked up on basics, grew their own garden, and kept a bunch of cash ready for emergencies or for bargains.

every time there has been a financial collapse, small or large, it seems like the people that did well followed the steps outlined above and came out way ahead when the economy came back.

be prepared. old scout advice that has never been truer.