In the words of the man himself-Ron Carey

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
This video nails some key points down.
#1 In 1997 we won the strike because Carey went into negotiations with a strategy to mobilize the membership and keep the membership informed. Hoffa/Hall started the 2013 negotiations with some balls, they now revert to their standard negotiating strategy of keeping the membership and the public in the dark. (BROWNOUT)

#2 In 2007 and 2013 Hoffa/Hall us good ol' boy strategy of trading away previous hard won contract victories for left-over crumbs. (All Teamster Pensions in union hands, more full-time jobs gone)

#3 Carey praises TDU on how vital TDU was during the 1997 Contract Negotiations and Strike on RELAYING INFORMATION TO THE MEMBERSHIP. (An ability Hoffa and Hall seem to not have)

realbrown1

This shows just how the rich are getting richer and the workers are getting screwed.
But is Ed saying the solution is to what TAX THE RICH. Who benefits then? The politicians do.
I blame both Republicans and Democrats. I read here that the top 15 richest congressperson that 8 are Democrats. Democrats are equally to blame.
Maybe we need some middle-class/working-class people in congress and stop electing the super rich. They don't live in the same world working people do.
Usually I don't like to divide people by class/race/ethnicity/religion because I really don't care, but the workers in this country are not getting a piece of the pie anymore, we getting crumbs. (UPS is an exeption for full-timers)

Overpaid Union Thug

Still can't shake his shenanigans free from my mind. Not to mention that the 1997 strike could almost directly be linked to his selfish need to "get UPS" instead of a legitimate reason such as members not getting a fair contract....OH WAIT.....UPSers didn't even get to vote on the contract. Hmmm.......

realbrown1

Cleared of all charges. What more do you want? A presidential pardon-not going to happen becuase he is already dead.
And as for the strike, I don't know about you, but I am glad UPS didn't take over my pension and freeze it at 1997 levels like they did in the central states.
Funny how different people see the same events -well- differently.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Still can't shake his shenanigans free from my mind. Not to mention that the 1997 strike could almost directly be linked to his selfish need to "get UPS" instead of a legitimate reason such as members not getting a fair contract....OH WAIT.....UPSers didn't even get to vote on the contract. Hmmm.......

What, you didn't get a ballot? Maybe you should've called your local. Everyone I knew, that wanted to vote, voted.

InsideUPS

Labor Notes Interviews Ron Carey about the UPS Contract - YouTube

This video is from 2007, but I think it relates to what we are going through now. Remember, we are the power in this union. Not Hoffa and Hall.

Sigh........... Ron Carey...... will always be remembered as a rock solid leader in my book......his "prophecy" about the direction of our union is quickly becoming reality...

as for our current leadership.....if negotiations soon don't improve....
I will be thinking "Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dum"..​

tweedledee-tweedledum-3.jpg
tweedledee-tweedledum-3.jpg