In the wrong place at the wrong time

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
So, are you telling us that the houses were close to one another or that the residents weren't very bright?

Slow_Children.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I witnessed what appeared to be a stolen car being abandoned by a guy out in a remote area of my route.

I didnt have a cell phone at that time, so a couple of hours later I mentioned it to an off-duty state cop when I made a delivery to my house. I gave him the plate number, as well as my name and phone #. I figured it would wind up being nothing.

Turns out the car was connected in some way to an armed robbery, and when I got home that night there was a police car sitting in my driveway waiting for me. They had tried calling UPS but by the time they got in touch with my center I had already clocked off, so they got my home address and were waiting for me to take them to where the car had been dumped. Im sure my neighbors were all wondering what the heck was going on...but at least I got to sit in the front of the patrol car instead of the back. I took them to where the car was and wound up giving a description of the perp to a sketch artist.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I remember once after all the PCs, except one, had left the belt so I went down to check it out. I heard some voices and so I stopped to listen before I revealed myself.
It was a center manager who was thanking the driver for a job well done. He was telling the driver that he appreciate the efforts to provide good customer service and for following the methods 100%.
I slowly backed away so they never saw me.
After the driver left, I confronted the center manager and he was almost in tears.
I told him I would not report it but never let it happen again.
I got several free dinners and Brave's tickets from him until I left the district.

Last edited:

DS

Fenderbender
Hoax if the corporate monitor reads that it could be construed as aiding and abetting...

2 years ago I came across a p7 brand new,bulkhead open no key,ups express tubes and letters spewed in the back....it was still there at 5pm so I called the center and they transferred me to security,turned out it was an loan for a movie shoot...they just laughed at me.

DS

Fenderbender
Don't know if you should report this, but I guarantee you that not everyone has witnessed a "heroin nod".
I think everyone should read "the basketball diaries" by Jim Carroll
[video=youtube;lBbuPnfG0Vo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBbuPnfG0Vo[/video]

over9five

Staff member
Hoax if the corporate monitor reads that it could be construed as aiding and abetting...

2 years ago I came across a p7 brand new,bulkhead open no key,ups express tubes and letters spewed in the back....it was still there at 5pm so I called the center and they transferred me to security,turned out it was an loan for a movie shoot...they just laughed at me.

....and the next day I got a warning letter for stealing the time it took to phone this in...

tae111

Years ago I delivered a package to a house. A young girl,about 16, answered the door and signed for it. When I got home that night there was a message on my answering machine from one of the detectives to call him. He said the people who lived there came home to find the package on the kitchen table and some items missing from the house. I gave him a description of the girl and a few days later she was caught with the stolen items.

Channahon

Back in the 60's I was at a corner grocery store - mom and pop owned - and a robber came in and took all their money. I don't know how he didn't see me, but all I had was a dollar to get a loaf of bread for school lunches. I was probably 12 at the time, nice childhood memory.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I hope you meant as an observer! :wink2:
Now I knew what he meant.....................Im too old to be a money making hooker..:happy2:
Ive seen fires lit on abandoned homes, and put them out with my shoes, I go through alot of shoes, arsons are bad here.
Ive seen drug deals and just wave and move on. I have no protection, so as much as I would like to stop it I move on. When its pot I dont care. Ive delivered several boxes to vacant homes and got caught on the way back to my truck, and I just give it up. Im not arguing with a drug dealer.
One day I had a sup with me with the earpiece and all the techy stuff, he looked like he could be undercover DEA, and when he saw a car at a carry out when he went to throw stuff out in a trash can, dividing a bale of pot, he was dumbfounded and stood there looking. I tooted the horn and he came back and we burned outta there. I told him, you dont watch that stuff, you act like you have no clue, and move on. Duh.

A

anonymous6

When I was 18, worked graveyard at a gas station. one night 2 guys ( real rough looking ) came in to buy some cigs and made small talk for about 10 minutes.

Then one stepped to my blind side and pulled out a gun and demanded money. i only had about $60 cause dropped the rest in an underground safe before they came in.

Thought he was gonna blow my brains out. They told me "forget it" cause not enough money and warned me not to call the cops or they would come back and kill me.

At 18, i was too scared to call the cops and the two guys drove by real slow for the next couple nights . Never told anyone till now.

broncobros1

When I was 18, worked graveyard at a gas station. one night 2 guys ( real rough looking ) came in to buy some cigs and made small talk for about 10 minutes.

Then one stepped to my blind side and pulled out a gun and demanded money. i only had about $60 cause dropped the rest in an underground safe before they came in.

Thought he was gonna blow my brains out. They told me "forget it" cause not enough money and warned me not to call the cops or they would come back and kill me.

At 18, i was too scared to call the cops and the two guys drove by real slow for the next couple nights . Never told anyone till now.

You probably could have had them "disappear"....forget about it...

Tony31yrs

I once delivered to a small printing shop and later found that they were raided a little after I was there, for printing up football betting tickets.