In-Transit -Rescheduled

helpseeker

Hello all,

I had a quick question I am hoping you could help me with. I have a package in transit to me that the sender sent next day air, so it would get here Monday (12th). The paid $170 dollars so it would. It's coming from NJ to Austin TX. I watched online tracking all day today and it never left KY. Sometime afternoon it changed to In Transit - Rescheduled to the 13th. It still has not left KY. Am I going to get it the 13th (tomorrow), and any idea why it spent a day sitting in KY? Here is all the info:

Your package is in the UPS system and has a rescheduled delivery date of 01/13/2009.

Tracking Number: 1Z 045 19F 29 6966 546 1 Type: Package

1.gif

In Transit - Rescheduled
icn_help_blue.gif
Rescheduled Delivery: 01/13/2009 Shipped To: AUSTIN, TX, US Shipped/Billed On: 01/10/2009 Service: NEXT DAY AIR SAVER Special Instructions: SIGNATURE REQUIRED Weight: 32.40 Lbs

Package Progress Location Date Local Time Description LOUISVILLE,
KY, US 01/11/2009 7:23 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN SECAUCUS,
NJ, US 01/10/2009 11:04 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN 01/10/2009 6:52 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN EDISON,
NJ, US 01/10/2009 4:23 P.M. PICKUP SCAN US 01/10/2009 4:24 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
Tracking results provided by UPS: 01/12/2009 11:55 P.M. ET

Thanks, and sorry it's so long.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
It could be for a number of things. It could have been damaged, we do that some times unfortunately.

It could have had the label come off of it, and took too long to get a new one so it did not make service.

The list is long and varied as to why it did not leave Louisville on time for todays delivery.

It should be there tomorrow sometime. Since it is a saver, unless you are a business address, there is no commit time. And you will be required to be there to sign for it. If not contact UPS with alternate instructions.

Good news is that more than likely, your shipping will be refunded.

Sorry for the service failure!

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Since you did not post back with info, I thought I would update the thread.

Delivered it at 3:15 and you were there to sign for it. Thankyou.

I hope you will continue to use UPS!

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Up

I did not see anything special as to the reason it was delayed in Louisville.

So by what I see, yes, the customer should get the money back.

d

Up

I did not see anything special as to the reason it was delayed in Louisville.

So by what I see, yes, the customer should get the money back.

d
Helpseeker, you need to talk to your shipper to get them to ask for the refund, they can then refund you. UPS does this through the shipper.